Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 30 Oct 2022, 18:13 (Ref:4132069)   #326
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess the speeds involved is the only factor that really matters moving forward when it comes to policing taking someone out intentionally, because Gibbs taking out Jones in the Xfinity race was just as intentional as Wallace taking out Larson (and it wasn't even retaliation, which can be more understandable)... but unlike Wallace, Gibbs didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

If there is any justice in this world, Jones will make sure Gibbs does not win the championship next weekend.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 21:21 (Ref:4132104)   #327
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
I guess the speeds involved is the only factor that really matters moving forward when it comes to policing taking someone out intentionally, because Gibbs taking out Jones in the Xfinity race was just as intentional as Wallace taking out Larson (and it wasn't even retaliation, which can be more understandable)... but unlike Wallace, Gibbs didn't even get a slap on the wrist.

If there is any justice in this world, Jones will make sure Gibbs does not win the championship next weekend.
No. Speeds aren't the only factor but turning someone at 160 on the straight and around 90 going into a corner are certianly different. And if your referring to this: https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/stat...artinsville%2F

then you must be able to see the difference in the two in at least one was at the end of the race with a fighting chance of being a instance to 'rattle the cage' or go for the win with a bump n run and not a direct retaliation.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 21:37 (Ref:4132109)   #328
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ross "Freaking" Chastain!!!!
Old 30 Oct 2022, 21:54 (Ref:4132115)   #329
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
then you must be able to see the difference in the two in at least one was at the end of the race with a fighting chance of being a instance to 'rattle the cage' or go for the win with a bump n run and not a direct retaliation.
A bump and run, or rattling the cage, is fine. Ty Gibbs, however, did neither of those things. It was a straight up hit job to get the win, simple as that, without any finesse or class and it was just as freakin' ugly as when Dillon did the exact same thing to Almirola at Daytona.

I guess I'm just disappointed. I had high hopes for Gibbs, especially after listening to his visit to the Dale Jr. podcast. Turns out he's just as pathetic as Dillon and Logano.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 21:57 (Ref:4132117)   #330
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
That has to be one of the craziest things I've ever seen in NASCAR that doesn't involve a wreck. Like the booth said, it didn't even look real. Wild stuff, made up for an otherwise rather uneventful race.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 21:59 (Ref:4132119)   #331
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What the f**k????

Gotta admit I’m really surprised Hamlin has let the “beef” with Chastain go so easily, I expected some kinda retaliation for all the contact earlier in the year. Maybe next week….
Old 31 Oct 2022, 23:14 (Ref:4132269)   #332
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh and that's the fastest lap ever run by a Cup car at Martinsville and 5 mph better than anyone else Sunday.

Modifieds actually have the fastest lap at the track, about a tenth faster
Old 31 Oct 2022, 23:54 (Ref:4132272)   #333
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Gibbs. Grrrr. I sincerely hope someone "does a Kenseth" on this punk. No respect, entitled son of a b.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 23:57 (Ref:4132273)   #334
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Got to give him credit for trying. And succeeding! I reckon the boys in the shop will let him off for the scuffed bodywork on this occasion!
Old 1 Nov 2022, 00:40 (Ref:4132278)   #335
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was great. A Stupid - Ridiculous - Shouldn’t be allowed - What was he thinking? level of greatness.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 09:01 (Ref:4132294)   #336
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
That was great. A Stupid - Ridiculous - Shouldn’t be allowed - What was he thinking? level of greatness.
All of that and a whole lot more. Amazing.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 14:19 (Ref:4132336)   #337
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Gibbs' bump and run was awful.

Chastain's wallriding was awesome.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4132348)   #338
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I'm a little surprised to see such a mixed response to the Chastain wall ride from drivers and pundits alike.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 18:41 (Ref:4132352)   #339
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought it was great. It wasn't against the rules and was something we genuinley haven't seen (to that level) before.

However, now is the perfect time for NASCAR to step in and create the rule to stop it happening again. Otherwise you'll have half the field trying the same thing on the last two laps of every Martinsville, Dover, Bristol (etc) race.
Old 1 Nov 2022, 19:07 (Ref:4132355)   #340
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
It's been attempted a few times, from what I've read, with the latest being Kyle Larson, who was one of the naysayers. But think I agree. I thought it was awesome, but how many times do we want to see it?

That said, I'm hoping PIR this weekend will be fun. I'm pulling for Chase, of course!
Old 2 Nov 2022, 00:41 (Ref:4132373)   #341
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, probably should put a stop to it now. If only because if it does go wrong…

But kudos to that man.
Old 2 Nov 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4132473)   #342
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
It's been attempted a few times, from what I've read, with the latest being Kyle Larson, who was one of the naysayers. But think I agree. I thought it was awesome, but how many times do we want to see it?

That said, I'm hoping PIR this weekend will be fun. I'm pulling for Chase, of course!
Me too, would like to see Chase win it. Respectful, mature, consistent and quick.
Old 3 Nov 2022, 14:30 (Ref:4132532)   #343
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yeah, probably should put a stop to it now. If only because if it does go wrong…

But kudos to that man.
All it takes is catching a SAFER union poorly and the car rotating in to the pack following for a mess. That said, dropping too low or losing the rears can do the same thing so hard to make a rule against that part
Old 3 Nov 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4132544)   #344
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
All it takes is catching a SAFER union poorly and the car rotating in to the pack following for a mess. That said, dropping too low or losing the rears can do the same thing so hard to make a rule against that part
Ross said he was hoping he would catch the turn 4 "break" in the wall (access to the infield). I don't think it would be as bad as Mike Waltrip's wreck at Bristol but yeah, wouldn't be a good result
Old 4 Nov 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4132600)   #345
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South

https://twitter.com/joegucciardo/sta...wwrgGUJJw&s=19
Old 4 Nov 2022, 17:36 (Ref:4132637)   #346
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
lol!

On a different topic, I didn't see this one coming:

https://www.autosport.com/nascar/new...role/10395154/
(Jimmie Johnson coming back to the Cup Series as an owner and part-time driver.)

I think it's pretty cool.
Old 6 Nov 2022, 19:23 (Ref:4132802)   #347
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Green flag soon. Go Chase!
Old 6 Nov 2022, 19:43 (Ref:4132803)   #348
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
lol!

On a different topic, I didn't see this one coming:

https://www.autosport.com/nascar/new...role/10395154/
(Jimmie Johnson coming back to the Cup Series as an owner and part-time driver.)

I think it's pretty cool.
Should be interesting! He's obviously got something left in the tank.
Old 6 Nov 2022, 20:20 (Ref:4132806)   #349
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Wow. Joe Gibbs has now lost both sons within 3 years. Both at age 49. Coy Gibbs passed in his sleep last night after his son won the championship. Say whatever we want about the ontrack stuff, that's just brutal and unfair....
Old 6 Nov 2022, 21:39 (Ref:4132817)   #350
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Wow. Joe Gibbs has now lost both sons within 3 years. Both at age 49. Coy Gibbs passed in his sleep last night after his son won the championship. Say whatever we want about the ontrack stuff, that's just brutal and unfair....
Yeah that's rough.

As for today's race, I don't like Phoenix as the championship decider. Seems hard to make adjustments that work, meaning a team hitting the mark beforehand will have the upper hand all race long. Sure looks like we're going two-for-two in terms of my most disliked drivers winning a championship this weekend.