Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Jun 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4117511)   #26
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Life and technolgy move on, but sometimes they get out of step. Recently i told an acquaintance I would send him a CD of pictures, he burst out laughing. A CD ? No send me an link to an album!

And I thought I was up-to-date. Having just turned 85 I am still learning - just how out of touch I am.

Hey - I was really impressed with myself when I worked out how to upload photos from a whatsapp message to my laptop so I could post them here
Old 30 Jun 2022, 06:21 (Ref:4117545)   #27
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you had the Tapatalk app like I do you wouldn't need to upload to your PC, the images are in your phone gallery.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jun 2022, 07:32 (Ref:4117555)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I had some music to conver

Had it carved onto vinyl.

We transfer was used to send it to the carvers.

You can get the contents of the average English brain on a memory stick smaller than a book of matches, with room to spare. The advantage being you only have to punch the information in once.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 07:48 (Ref:4117558)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I note that Jacob Ebrey, the photographer, uses we transfer to send all his pics. Considering the average size of a RAW file is likely to be approx 15mb and the number of photos a weekend will provide, it's an impressive service.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4117562)   #30
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
i have been using "we transfer" ever since it started for sending long videos especially weddings.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 Jun 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4117565)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup I've used it for business documents etc. I did try to send a video to Delta once. Eventually I had to cut it on a cd.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 15:10 (Ref:4117593)   #32
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
i have been using "we transfer" ever since it started for sending long videos especially weddings.
threatening to send compromising stag do movies to Brides is still lucrative then ?
Old 30 Jun 2022, 15:59 (Ref:4117603)   #33
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
On topic , there is still a lot of excellent motorsport in this country , you just need to seek it out. I attend a wide range of stuff and crowds and participation at Autograss, drag racing and speed hillclimbs seem to me to be little changed over the last decades . Good numbers, enthusiastic and passionate about their sport .

I am an incorrigible enthusiast, so I attend a lot of stuff , but I fully understand why the public stays away. Who on earth is going to endure thin grids , hour long lunch breaks, awful food , terrible programmes and delights such as a 4 hour long Fun Cup race, or hour long processions in some poorly supported races at historic club meetings delusionally branded as 'Festivals'?
Likewise, I am a complete petrolhead seeking out diverse events on 2 wheels and 4, as you say if you are an enthusiast there are events to be sought out if you're keen enough.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 16:12 (Ref:4117605)   #34
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I dare say folk the age I am now (a day younger than Putin, I noted in The Times the other day . Eek ) were writing forlorn letters to MN and Autosport in 2002 , bemoaning the migration of correspondents to that there new fangled internet ... Plus ca change, plus ca la meme chose .

On topic , there is still a lot of excellent motorsport in this country , you just need to seek it out. I attend a wide range of stuff and crowds and participation at Autograss, drag racing and speed hillclimbs seem to me to be little changed over the last decades . Good numbers, enthusiastic and passionate about their sport .

With racing , it is more nuanced. Somebody mentioned Croft above and I can report a very healthy and keen crowd at Croft BTCC this weekend. People my age seem to delight in sneering at BTCC but with some reservations (gazebo related) it offers a great day out and some super racing - Ginettas were almost like FF1600 in their intensity. And a good show is put on - good commentary, access to grid and no endless delays and radio silence .

I am an incorrigible enthusiast, so I attend a lot of stuff , but I fully understand why the public stays away. Who on earth is going to endure thin grids , hour long lunch breaks, awful food , terrible programmes and delights such as a 4 hour long Fun Cup race, or hour long processions in some poorly supported races at historic club meetings delusionally branded as 'Festivals'?

Spec formulae can work - Ginettas, much missed Tuscans , Sevens etc but many are awfully dull . Folk prefer to see a brave little Mini or Westfield dicing with a Mustang, WTCC car or an Aussie V8 supercar. My local series , Northern Saloons and Sports Cars , offers wonderful diversity and I am sure the public love to see brawny V8s dice with bike engined minnows .

Too many clubs fish in the same pond - historics seem especially bad at this - and I'd love to see more inter club co-operation and less rivalry, with guest races and so on.

Blatant plug alert - in 2019 my book* about (inter alia ) a year(2017) in British motor sport was published . I wrote portraits of over twenty events over a range of disciplines, from VSCC trials to Goodwood to BTCC and hill climbs and interviewed as many people as I could , from Le Mans winners to weekend warriors, marshals and commentators. I then drew conclusions about what was good , what wasn't so good and suggested ways in which we might improve. The points I made still stand .

*Driven - an elegy to cars roads and motorsport
I will admit to having read that book - it was a birthday present from a friend a year or two ago.

It was certainly interesting & I agreed with a lot of it.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 16:14 (Ref:4117607)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Likewise, I am a complete petrolhead seeking out diverse events on 2 wheels and 4, as you say if you are an enthusiast there are events to be sought out if you're keen enough.
And, Co driving an MGB on the Maharajah's Tour next month.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 17:47 (Ref:4117615)   #36
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
And, Co driving an MGB on the Maharajah's Tour next month.
Of course, it's in my busy diary