Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 4 Feb 2019, 02:36 (Ref:3881797)   #1101
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Run a few more races and I might be willing to take their side. Geez. The porsches were awfully fast on the straights, but still, bop usually comes around

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 4 Feb 2019, 03:26 (Ref:3881806)   #1102
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I thought Daytona had its own bop and the rest of the races will be different? So isn't the bop likely to change anyways?
Correct!

From https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...d-bop-process/

Quote:
Event-Specific BoP for Daytona

Another change for 2019 is that the Rolex 24 at Daytona will be an event-specific BoP across all three classes, with data from regular season races not taken into account.

IMSA had based last year’s Daytona BoP on its end-of-2017 data, in what Carter said came with mixed results.

“We came up with our starting BoP for the Roar based on the corrected 2018 post-race analysis from the Rolex 24, using the agreed upon sensitivities,” he said.

Sebring will essentially be “ground zero” in the new BoP process, according to Carter.

“We want to make [the system] better,” he said. “Our fans, our manufacturers, our competitors, they all deserve better racing.
I guess Risi didn't get the memo. Or maybe it's a budget issue and Guiseppe is trying to hide it.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3881835)   #1103
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
The BoP will always change but it's perfectly possible to believe it's less likely to be in your favour.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3881874)   #1104
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I wonder if it is possible or likely for Ford and BMW to leave the WEC, but still run IMSA GTLM?
Old 4 Feb 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3881880)   #1105
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I wonder if it is possible or likely for Ford and BMW to leave the WEC, but still run IMSA GTLM?
north market is too important for BMW and very likely they will keep on running in IMSA.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3881891)   #1106
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Speculation on my part. I think GTLM as-is will continue through 2021. Mainly to give some time for the Corvette C8 to run. Then in 2022, it will become GTD-Pro essentially with previous GTE cars grandfathered for a year.

However we already have seen the BMW M6 (as a slightly modified GT3) car run in GTLM i the past. So maybe next year or before the 22 season, a team could run a GT3 car in GTLM under special dispensation. And yeah I think we could see the BMW M8 and Ford GT continue in IMSA but leave WEC after Le Mans in June.

I would hope that the MTEK and Ganassi UK teams could run some races in GTLM in the later part of the year to bolster the grid above 8 cars. VIR (all GT) and Petit Le Mans would be great chances to run them in.
Old 4 Feb 2019, 21:37 (Ref:3881970)   #1107
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Speculation on my part. I think GTLM as-is will continue through 2021. Mainly to give some time for the Corvette C8 to run. Then in 2022, it will become GTD-Pro essentially with previous GTE cars grandfathered for a year.

However we already have seen the BMW M6 (as a slightly modified GT3) car run in GTLM i the past. So maybe next year or before the 22 season, a team could run a GT3 car in GTLM under special dispensation. And yeah I think we could see the BMW M8 and Ford GT continue in IMSA but leave WEC after Le Mans in June.

I would hope that the MTEK and Ganassi UK teams could run some races in GTLM in the later part of the year to bolster the grid above 8 cars. VIR (all GT) and Petit Le Mans would be great chances to run them in.
you know when a class is work teams playground, are manufacturers that write rules, not ACO. After (likely) ford drop and a possible BMW involvment only in USA, it's GM, ferrari, porsche and aston in charge. They could agree for a gt3+ spec, go to ACO and say: accept these rules or we are out.
ACO will simply accept, it's just what happened with late '90 GTP and 2014 hybrid lmp1 ruleset.
Old 8 Feb 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3882663)   #1108
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
PR1 has purchased another Oreca but has no plans to run it (yet) this season:

https://racer.com/2019/02/08/pr1-mat...-lmp2-chassis/
Old 8 Feb 2019, 18:49 (Ref:3882682)   #1109
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://racer.com/2019/02/05/perform...nd-in-tv-time/

“My wife said watching the broadcast, the only time a P2 car had real airtime is when it crashed. And if that’s what they’re going to do, then let’s all pull our PC cars back out and spend half the money. If that’s what they want, then let us just do that. Let’s not spend 2.1 million dollars this year racing a P2 car.”
Old 9 Feb 2019, 02:39 (Ref:3882735)   #1110
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
https://racer.com/2019/02/05/perform...nd-in-tv-time/

“My wife said watching the broadcast, the only time a P2 car had real airtime is when it crashed. And if that’s what they’re going to do, then let’s all pull our PC cars back out and spend half the money. If that’s what they want, then let us just do that. Let’s not spend 2.1 million dollars this year racing a P2 car.”
They are absolutely right. I applaud him for being so honest and transparent..

Old 9 Feb 2019, 04:04 (Ref:3882741)   #1111
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
No more Risi it seems....

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/21404

It remains to be seen however if their entry request will be granted and if not, how that will affect their plans.

Very disappointing news nevertheless...

And... they ran one car against two-car opposition, which is a disadvantage. Plus the others were full factory teams. Second place seems like punching way above their weight and I'd hope they'd be proud.

Disappointed we won't see the red Risi 'rari again in IMSA this year.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3882792)   #1112
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
They are absolutely right. I applaud him for being so honest and transparent..

Yes... I "liked" how on the NBCSN preview show the only notion of P2 to ever even have existed came from one of the DPi interviews (I think from CORE, in regards to 2018)

It was almost as funny as the FOX preview show couple of years back when they said that "Corvette Racing is perhaps best known" for giving rides to Dale Earnhardt and Earnhardt Jr at Daytona years back. (Pretty much the same was repeated on NBC of course but without the sickening best known -bit)

Last edited by Deleted; 9 Feb 2019 at 12:48.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 04:24 (Ref:3883102)   #1113
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Yes... I "liked" how on the NBCSN preview show the only notion of P2 to ever even have existed came from one of the DPi interviews (I think from CORE, in regards to 2018)

It was almost as funny as the FOX preview show couple of years back when they said that "Corvette Racing is perhaps best known" for giving rides to Dale Earnhardt and Earnhardt Jr at Daytona years back. (Pretty much the same was repeated on NBC of course but without the sickening best known -bit)
That's the one of the saddest things about American motorsport media coverage for these races. Without an lmp2 none of the dpi's even exist but that's ok, dpi is super fast and record setting. There's little to no recognition for stuff that's not American involved. Vette being known because Earnhardt, dpi because of Caddy etc.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3883637)   #1114
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
While I understand the grievances, considering who he was and what happened a couple of weeks later, that Earnhardt podium is a pretty big deal, whether you people like it or not.

Old 13 Feb 2019, 02:04 (Ref:3883673)   #1115
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Excuse me, who are you calling "You people"???
Old 13 Feb 2019, 02:34 (Ref:3883675)   #1116
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What you people don’t understand is...
Old 13 Feb 2019, 03:17 (Ref:3883676)   #1117
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Excuse me, who are you calling "You people"???
If you gotta ask
Old 13 Feb 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3883856)   #1118
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
"Why Don't You People Just Switch Off Your Television...."
Old 14 Feb 2019, 02:19 (Ref:3883989)   #1119
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
"Why Don't You People Just Switch Off Your Television...."
Or turn on IMSA Radio?
Old 14 Feb 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3884094)   #1120
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
That's the one of the saddest things about American motorsport media coverage for these races. Without an lmp2 none of the dpi's even exist but that's ok, dpi is super fast and record setting. There's little to no recognition for stuff that's not American involved. Vette being known because Earnhardt, dpi because of Caddy etc.
One of the smartest things about American motorsport coverage is that it is geared toward its actual and potential audience.

Look, IMSA knows We will be watching no matter what. So ... why cater much to us? IMSA Wants more North Americans to watch---ratings are money, eyes are dollars. And North American viewers are a lot more likely to have heard of Dale Earnhart than Hughes de Chaunac.

Yo and I might Prefer if all the coverage was geared toward our particular taste and knowledge levels .... But IMSA and NBC would prefer it if people who knew nothing about the sport, could be attracted.

And frankly, if IMSA and NBC cannot attract those people, we All lose. We could be watching Every race Only on third-rate, low-bandwidth streams with three cameras and two NASCAR-radio commentators who spent the whole time talking about winged sprint cars racing in Terre Haute.

What is wrong with some enthusiasts putting together some equipment and doing live internet broadcasts from the track, using just the kind of info we enthusiasts would want to hear? Oh, money and initiative and the willingness to work hard at a very speculative venture.

You know, it could even be done remotely---for years F1 in the U.S. was broadcast from a booth in North Carolina where the commentators watched the F1 world feed and called the action off television. That is something people could do---try to get a few ads, get a few subscribers, and see if people are interested in tuning in to listen to your commentary on the races.

I am not trying to be a smart-mouth here. I understand your complaint, but I also understand the situation from other points of view. And the only way I can see an enthusiast-oriented commentary being viable would be via streaming---and your competition would be Radio Le Mans. it's a tough topic.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 15:55 (Ref:3884173)   #1121
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Don't worry too much about NBC guys. We got IMSA TV.
Old 3 Mar 2019, 15:20 (Ref:3888021)   #1122
Nickberg555
Rookie

Nickberg555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone some suggestions about the possible LMP2 entries for 12h Sebring??
Old 4 Mar 2019, 14:02 (Ref:3888202)   #1123
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickberg555 View Post
Anyone some suggestions about the possible LMP2 entries for 12h Sebring??
I guess it is the #52 PR Matheson, #38 Perf Tech, and maybe the #18 Dragonspeed. GTD is a good one to speculate too. Might lose a few there. I think the 12 hours will have a grid no bigger than 40 this year. May not be a bad thing though.
Old 4 Mar 2019, 16:09 (Ref:3888228)   #1124
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I guess it is the #52 PR Matheson, #38 Perf Tech, and maybe the #18 Dragonspeed. GTD is a good one to speculate too. Might lose a few there. I think the 12 hours will have a grid no bigger than 40 this year. May not be a bad thing though.
I believe Dragonspeed is focusing on 'just' their WEC efforts according a recent crew member response on facebook I stumbled upon.

40 would be okay-ish but I long back to the (around) 60 fields, gave me much more enjoyment. I have to say thought that with IMSA's current yellow procedures those numbers would indeed be a huge challenge unfortunately.

I'm very much looking forward to SuperSebring but can't help phantasizing how awesome the 12H would be with a combined field. I'm very glad I was able to experience the '12 race especially as I'm aware it won't ever happen again...
Old 4 Mar 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3888232)   #1125
Nickberg555
Rookie

Nickberg555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think it will be more than 40 man. You have 11 DPi's, 8 GTLM's, about 20 GTD's i think.. than about 2 or 3 LMP2's?? You will have 42 i think