Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Jan 2019, 19:28 (Ref:3880259)   #91
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the list has been whittled down to 28 now, some familiar names have made it through and one or two have fallen at the first hurdle, anyone care to name a potential front runner yet?
Old 28 Jan 2019, 20:23 (Ref:3880274)   #92
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few surprises in there.

And a few surprises not there.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 00:35 (Ref:3880310)   #93
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
honestly, congratulations to the ladies taking the opportunity and running with it and especially glad to see all the brits making it through. no surprise really - they all know what they’re doing. but i struggled to read the press release talking about there being “smiles and tears” when they announced who was going through. cringe. and the ceo describing the women as “tough, brave and strong” as if it was a sanitary product advert or something. cmon ms bond muir. this is your concept. do better.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 01:05 (Ref:3880314)   #94
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's some chat that a couple of contestants either didn't show up, or left the competition early.

Odd, when for some it would have been perhaps the only opportunity to have a shot at some sort of international seat.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 05:51 (Ref:3880349)   #95
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Australian Contestants Confused by Selection Process

Sounds like there might be a few issues....
“Control is an illusion, you infantile egomaniac. Nobody knows what’s gonna happen next: not on a freeway, not in an airplane, not inside our own bodies and certainly not on a racetrack with 40 other infantile egomaniacs” - Dr Claire Lewicki, Days of Thunder
Old 29 Jan 2019, 06:27 (Ref:3880353)   #96
Umai Naa
Veteran

Sometimes in these sorts of scenarios, those with the final say, are more concerned about the driver's ability to listen, rather than their ability to operate the vehicle.

/Devil's advocate
Old 29 Jan 2019, 09:49 (Ref:3880376)   #97
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Australian Contestants Confused by Selection Process

Sounds like there might be a few issues....
Sounds a bit like "driver that's not selected says selection criteria wrong" - little bit of sour grapes?
Old 29 Jan 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3880388)   #98
Umai Naa
Veteran

Driving was only part of the program.

There were other facets, such as fitness, media and sponsor presentations, theory and so on.

For someone like Ms Angelo for instance, whose physical fitness and driving ability is well-regarded back in Australia, she's obviously fallen flat on one or more aspects that don't directly relate to actually driving the car. With all due respect to Chelsea, she's always had trouble finding sponsorship, and has had to rely on key figures in the Australian motorsport landscape to keep her going.

Being able to sell yourself to potential sponsors, even though they're fully-funded drives (for now), would be a pretty important dot point in the selection criteria.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3880395)   #99
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Sounds a bit like "driver that's not selected says selection criteria wrong" - little bit of sour grapes?
yeah exactly. i applaud people for continuing a cynical dialogue alongside the happy clappy patronising nonsense that’s coming out of the official channels.

she doesn’t sound very bright though. “driving in snow won’t prepare you for f3” really, i would have thought that’s exactly what it does.

but they’re probably right about vague selection procedure. the attitude test for starters is quite hard to quantify.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3880412)   #100
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is talent a must to reach F1? Unfortunately, not really. So it's understandable they are considering other more relevant factors.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 13:26 (Ref:3880414)   #101
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Is talent a must to reach F1? Unfortunately, not really. So it's understandable they are considering other more relevant factors.
none of which are musts to reach f1 either, unless they’re asking for family trees and trust funds

the hardest bit here is, as a woman, supporting other women moving through the selection process, but also articulating disagreement with the concept itself.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3880418)   #102
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Many women have criticised the project, most notably Pippa Mann.

It would be easier if 3-driver teams in FIA F3 were required to have a least one woman.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3880419)   #103
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!midgetman has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Is talent a must to reach F1? Unfortunately, not really.
Of course it is. Even the lamest, back of the grid F1 driver can drive the socks off all of us here. You've got to have some kind of talent to even keep an F1 car on the road.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Jan 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3880642)   #104
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Many women have criticised the project, most notably Pippa Mann.

It would be easier if 3-driver teams in FIA F3 were required to have a least one woman.
My biggest problem with this whole concept (apart from the segregated racing itself, which is just plain wrong to me - but Pippa Mann, Sophia Floersch and others have articulated that far better than I can) is that if you want to increase female representation in motorsport then going in at F3 level is far, far too late.

Spend the money supporting female drivers in karting and junior series, or put it into a female driver development programme - I'd be right there supporting either of those. By the time you get to F3, most of the female drivers have already fallen away from the sport. Of course, it's harder to make a PR stunt out of things like that....

I'm not going to criticise the drivers who are taking the opportunity (I think Jamie Chadwick has the best attitude - it's another series she can add to her 2019 calendar, and it's free, so she might as well go for it), but I genuinely hope the series itself fails - otherwise I worry that segregated racing starts being seen as normal*.

*it pains me saying that, normally I would wish any new series the best of luck on the basis that more racing is always good. But not this one.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 14:07 (Ref:3883252)   #105
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meanwhile Jamie Chadwick shows its not necessary by winning the MRF single seater series with a total of 6 wins out of 15 races