Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Feb 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3882781)   #46
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Why would they do that when they were on verge of making the Lexus a regular winner?

Money? Japan not interested?

The Toyota release this week made it sound like they will fund one car in Europe, so maybe there’s not enough money in it for Emil Frey to want to run that programme this year
Old 9 Feb 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3882785)   #47
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Swiss Media says, that Lexus didnīt want to develop the car further, which is important for the team. Emil Frey Racing want to be a racing service provider and not only a Operations team.
https://www.autosprint.ch/motorsport...i-statt-lexus/
Old 10 Feb 2019, 15:29 (Ref:3882970)   #48
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Manuel Lauck in a Ferrari 488 from Rinaldi Racing.
https://www.facebook.com/sportwagenn...&theater&ifg=1
Old 10 Feb 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3883053)   #49
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
I get the point behind not wanting to develop it further. It's good enough as it is they feel. Same with the Mercedes. Besides, no reason to make an evo kit for the car when in a year or so new rules come into play for cars that are sedan-based coupes.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 08:17 (Ref:3883479)   #50
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panis Barthez Competition, via Tech 1 Racing will be the new team running the Lexus RC F GT3.

A full Blancpain Europe run in Sprint and Endurance, likely with 2 cars.

Brings our Endurance total up to 42 cars, and Sprint up to an almost respectable 19.

And of course keeps one more manufacturer present, helping the Ednurance cup look a little less like a Mercedes, Audi, Lambo fight.

Lets hope they muster a strong PRO line up alongside a likely PRO AM or SILVER team
Old 12 Feb 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3883490)   #51
piet
Rookie

Belgium
Belgium
piet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
... helping the Ednurance cup look a little less like a Mercedes, Audi, Lambo fight.

u do mean "sprint", don't u?
Old 12 Feb 2019, 11:20 (Ref:3883494)   #52
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piet View Post
u do mean "sprint", don't u?

Yes I do, although we could see no Nissan in Endurance this year, so losing the Lexus as well would have been a double blow to diversity there too
Old 12 Feb 2019, 12:07 (Ref:3883510)   #53
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Swiss Media says, that Lexus didnīt want to develop the car further, which is important for the team. Emil Frey Racing want to be a racing service provider and not only a Operations team.
https://www.autosprint.ch/motorsport...i-statt-lexus/
What can they do to the Lamborghini that's different from the running of the Lexus? Didn't they just roll out the updates to the Lamborghini this season?
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3883517)   #54
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
What can they do to the Lamborghini that's different from the running of the Lexus? Didn't they just roll out the updates to the Lamborghini this season?
They say, that GRT and Emil Frey develop the Huracan further. Maybe tweaking the package?
Old 12 Feb 2019, 13:30 (Ref:3883532)   #55
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
They say, that GRT and Emil Frey develop the Huracan further. Maybe tweaking the package?
Lamborghini have released an EVO package for this season.

Tweaking anything more than setup in GT3 is not permitted
Old 12 Feb 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3883535)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Ok, I'm not as crazy as I thought I was. Perhaps the support from Lamborghini and drivability makes it a better choice than the Lexus
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3883556)   #57
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ok, I'm not as crazy as I thought I was. Perhaps the support from Lamborghini and drivability makes it a better choice than the Lexus
I think the Lamborghini/Audi, and Mercedes support packages, and factory driver rosters are far stronger than that of the smaller packages of people like Lexus, Nissan, etc so it becomes easier to tap into one of the top three.

In GT3/4 these days you need to either be a sudo factory team, like Bentley, or you need to go with the strongest support package otherwise you cant access the best GT drivers on the grid.

Mclaren seem to be upping the quality of their support package, Nissan seem to have given up, Honda are making gentle moves..
Old 12 Feb 2019, 15:16 (Ref:3883568)   #58
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Quote:

I know :P I meant tweaking the setup
Old 12 Feb 2019, 18:04 (Ref:3883600)   #59
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!TF110 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I think the Lamborghini/Audi, and Mercedes support packages, and factory driver rosters are far stronger than that of the smaller packages of people like Lexus, Nissan, etc so it becomes easier to tap into one of the top three.

In GT3/4 these days you need to either be a sudo factory team, like Bentley, or you need to go with the strongest support package otherwise you cant access the best GT drivers on the grid.

Mclaren seem to be upping the quality of their support package, Nissan seem to have given up, Honda are making gentle moves..
But couldn't Emil Frey get factory drivers from Toyota if they really wanted? I think it's more to do with money and the Lamborghini may be a cheaper package. Maybe politics play a part in this and those others get a more favorable bop than cars like Lexus.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 18:29 (Ref:3883606)   #60
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
But couldn't Emil Frey get factory drivers from Toyota if they really wanted? I think it's more to do with money and the Lamborghini may be a cheaper package. Maybe politics play a part in this and those others get a more favorable bop than cars like Lexus.

I’m not sure Toyota have any factory drivers to offer out for GT3 rides, only their P1 and SGT drivers

Quite right, I’m sure convenience, price and politics all play a role