Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Lewis Hamilton 19 35.85%
Nico Rosberg 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 3 5.66%
Daniel Ricciardo 2 3.77%
Jenson Button 25 47.17%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Jean-Eric Vergne 0 0%
Sergio Perez 0 0%
Daniil Kvyat 0 0%
Kimi Raikkonen 0 0%
Esteban Gutierrez 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Pastor Maldonado 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 1 1.89%
Max Chilton 0 0%
Kamui Kobayashi 1 1.89%
Jules Bianchi 2 3.77%
Adrian Sutil 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Oct 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3460770)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race: Japanese Grand Prix 2014

Who is your driver of the race?
Old 5 Oct 2014, 11:01 (Ref:3460780)   #2
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either Hamilton, Vettel or JB, Ricciardo and Hulk did well.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 12:20 (Ref:3460799)   #3
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sentimental vote #ForzaJules
Old 5 Oct 2014, 12:50 (Ref:3460811)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Lewis gets my vote but my thoughts are with Jules
Old 5 Oct 2014, 13:12 (Ref:3460822)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahh - some good performances at Suzuka.

Hamilton - Yep, a very good drive from him. In wet conditions, he put pressure on his teammate and passed him at a corner which he did have problems with this weekend! Around the outside as well. Another win. A very mature drive from him.

Vettel - This is more like it. This was like the Fingerman of old. Around a circuit that he has always been good at - he came from 9th to 3rd. A superb performance and some decent passing moves. Perhaps with the team change - it was a weight off his shoulders.

Danny Boy - Another really strong performance from him. In the wet, he went for it. Some excellent passing moves - again from this guy. A strong 4th place.

However, there can be only one DOTOR, and that for me, goes to Jenson. In conditions which he is always good at, he outperformed his car today. He made the right call on tyres - and it did pay off. Surely, McLaren will retain him for next year. It was one of his best performances.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3460828)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
LH for me. At various points his lap times compared to the rest of the field but especially compared to Nico were just Wow!

Did LH learn patience?
Old 5 Oct 2014, 13:49 (Ref:3460831)   #7
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 14:01 (Ref:3460839)   #8
cerdic
Rookie

cerdic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Several worthy performances, but I gave it to Button. He outperformed his car by a greater margin than any other driver.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 14:08 (Ref:3460845)   #9
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I could have gone for Jenson with my vote, he is so smooth in the wet...I gave it to Lewis superb drive...
Old 5 Oct 2014, 15:35 (Ref:3460868)   #10
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Ahh - some good performances at Suzuka.

However, there can be only one DOTOR, and that for me, goes to Jenson. In conditions which he is always good at, he outperformed his car today. He made the right call on tyres - and it did pay off. Surely, McLaren will retain him for next year. It was one of his best performances.
Agreed, and qualifying aside (for which you get no points) he has outperformed Mag all season – just check their scores. Were the choice of which one to retain alongside Alonso (presumably) to be based on this season's performances it would be game set and match to JB. However, next year they'll be 34 and 35 respectively, which is starting to look a bit geriatric alongside the likes of Verstappen and all the new young hotshots. Looking further ahead, I'm sure they'll go for a young gun (Mag) to complement Fernando's experience. But JB can leave with his head held high. Who knows, he might get an offer from a half-way decent team, but if not I hope he quits while he's still ahead, reputation-wise.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 18:06 (Ref:3460920)   #11
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
Agreed, and qualifying aside (for which you get no points) he has outperformed Mag all season – just check their scores. Were the choice of which one to retain alongside Alonso (presumably) to be based on this season's performances it would be game set and match to JB. However, next year they'll be 34 and 35 respectively, which is starting to look a bit geriatric alongside the likes of Verstappen and all the new young hotshots. Looking further ahead, I'm sure they'll go for a young gun (Mag) to complement Fernando's experience. But JB can leave with his head held high. Who knows, he might get an offer from a half-way decent team, but if not I hope he quits while he's still ahead, reputation-wise.
In some stuff from Suzuka Jenson seemed quite confident he would be at McLaren next year so I wouldn't write him off at all.
Some good drives all afternoon (evening?) like Hamilton (superb), Vettel (revived, like of old) Ricciardo (great again), Button (Brilliant decision making and way above the car) Hulkenberg (revivied after recent slump) and Gutierrez, who at one point looked like he would bring home points for Sauber but it all went pear shaped towards the end.
Button though, did the most with what he had so gets the DOTR.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 18:35 (Ref:3460931)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel, with kudos to Daniel too.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 18:47 (Ref:3460942)   #13
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The health of Jules Bianchi is more important than the race... So I voted Bianchi definitely.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3460966)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great drive by Lewis, especially that overtake on Rosberg and another solid performance by Riccirado but I'm going to give it to Button for that tyre call. He's done it in the past and he did it again. A shame all that good work was hampered by a lenghty pit stop, when they changed all 5 wheels.

It would have been interesting to see what he could have done, in the remaining laps of the race, after he pitted for wets.
Old 5 Oct 2014, 20:47 (Ref:3461004)   #15
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson for me, outperformed his car and made good tyre change choices etc. Excellent.
Thoughts obviously go to the other JB, get well Jules.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 12:59 (Ref:3461245)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Close between Hamilton and Button, but Jenson did well enough to deserve it. If I were a God-fearing man I'd be praying for Jules like everyone else, but that's not what the poll is about.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 17:54 (Ref:3461369)   #17
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Close between Hamilton and Button, but Jenson did well enough to deserve it. If I were a God-fearing man I'd be praying for Jules like everyone else, but that's not what the poll is about.
As a 'God Fearing Man' I will be praying for Jules.

Bauble.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3461475)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Why do you fear God ? He loves us...
Old 6 Oct 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3461479)   #19
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Fear can also be defined as respect.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 22:14 (Ref:3461501)   #20
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JB for proving to McLaren that he's definitely worth it.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3461560)   #21
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Christians tell me the fear of God is not about being afraid of him but respecting and being in awe of him..... Or are you just being provocative Jeremy?
Old 7 Oct 2014, 02:38 (Ref:3461573)   #22
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
No mate I did not intend to be..I believe that he does, and all God asks is that we love him in return...
Old 7 Oct 2014, 03:33 (Ref:3461578)   #23
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton for successfully transplanting pubic hair onto his head. A few races ago he was looking pretty cool, but now he's looking a bit silly.
http://cdn-0.motorsport.com/static/i...s-hamilton.jpg

And Mansell, for constantly interrupting and cutting off Vettel while he's trying to give his thoughts to Jules. At first I thought maybe he's being given a hurry-up himself in his earpiece... but Nige then just runs his own mouth about unimportant rubbish about it being great to stand with 3 champions (er... actually there's only 2 nige).

But seriously, gotta give it to Button this time. Perhaps his last great drive in F1 if he retires this year. Once again in the rain he proves how he can master these conditions. Unlucky to miss the podium.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 04:30 (Ref:3461585)   #24
Teretonga
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Hamilton for successfully transplanting pubic hair onto his head. A few races ago he was looking pretty cool, but now he's looking a bit silly.
http://cdn-0.motorsport.com/static/i...s-hamilton.jpg

And Mansell, for constantly interrupting and cutting off Vettel while he's trying to give his thoughts to Jules. At first I thought maybe he's being given a hurry-up himself in his earpiece... but Nige then just runs his own mouth about unimportant rubbish about it being great to stand with 3 champions (er... actually there's only 2 nige).

But seriously, gotta give it to Button this time. Perhaps his last great drive in F1 if he retires this year. Once again in the rain he proves how he can master these conditions. Unlucky to miss the podium.
Standing with 3 champs? Yep 3. Lewis, Seb and Me! (Nige)
Old 7 Oct 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3461652)   #25
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Button gets the nod from me as well - went for the inters early and made them work (unlike the other driver that pitted at the same time ). Kept it clean the rest of the race and scored some useful points for the team - and comfortably beat his teammate. Good drives from the Red Bulls too with some nifty overtakes on the Williams in particular.