Old 10 Mar 2004, 20:36 (Ref:901247)   #1
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 Title Sponsorship - Lets hope not

It could be a money spinner for Bernie but look what "champ cars" has become:

The Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford and Cosworth Racing

Bit of a mouthful

Cart.com
Old 10 Mar 2004, 20:46 (Ref:901258)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
CART has been struggling for survival, Formula 1 hasn't....yet

Bernie has too much money too allow this to happen imo, however, once he goes, who knows!

(Don't forget that the "poorest" team in F1 - Minardi's budget could keep half the teams in Cart going for a season!)
Old 10 Mar 2004, 20:50 (Ref:901264)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is a bit of a mouthful. For CART it is good news to be associated with a couple of names.

To F1. I'd never really thought about it, but yes F1 doesn't have a title sponsorship. In some ways it surprises me. However, it is quite good that it doesn't have one.

What would you call it? The Ferrari F1 Championship? Personally I think it would be nice if it was sponsored by a German bank

Seriously, it is good it hasn't got one. If you look at all the FIA championship, I think, they are all title sponsor free. The GT and touring cars come together for LG super racing in association with Eurosport (or some such), but the individual series are title sponsor free. Interesting.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 21:00 (Ref:901283)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sure I remember Bernie once saying he'd never have a title sponsor.

And I think it is FIA policy to not have the FIA name in sponsored series.