Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Nov 2000, 15:26 (Ref:47822)   #1
chow wei hsien
Rookie

chow wei hsien should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi guys , i really do hope and pray that Johhny Herbert will do very well in F1, be in contention for podium for most of the times, and win a few races along the year 2001, and would be much better if that guy can win the Champ Car title.

Having said so, with Johnny doing well, it will only do F1's reputation good. It will certainly show the quality of F1 racing. When Johnny wins in Champ Car, we can be proud becoz a guy who was not in contention for a race win in F1 starts to win regularly in Champ Car. Then we can make the critics of F1 quiet. Whatever they said, then we can answer their critics by showing the level of F1 Drivers!!

If you are Schumi fans you can say.."HEY ...if Johnny is winning in Champ Car, wonder what will Schumi do if he goes there"

If you are Mika fans you can say the same.

Old 10 Nov 2000, 18:24 (Ref:47845)   #2
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I think one of the strengths of CART is the number of competitive cars out there, so Johnny has more chance of being competitive. To use the fact that a talented driver who has been hampered by poor machinery can go to a series where the playing field is far more level and win, to show how great F1 is, is to miss the difference between the two series completely.
By the way, if Juan-Pablo comes into F1 and blows everyone away, will that show that CART drivers are better? (P.S. I'm not saying he will )
Old 10 Nov 2000, 19:06 (Ref:47853)   #3
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as for Johnny, I think he will do well at Cart,(BTW has he got a seat already?)because he has the skills, and as some of you have said, the experience in F1 can make him a winner in the champ cars. But I don´t know that if herber goes well, wins and dominates, we can tell that F1 is better, maybe is that Cart is more competitive. Now, if Juan gets good results next year, it doesn´t mean cart is good, it´s all driver, now that´s the difference between F1 and Cart.