Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 Jul 2006, 18:33 (Ref:1657672)   #1
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Cadwell 15th/16th July

On behalf of BRSCC Northern centre, the clerks, and myself, I would like to pass on our thanks to all marshals over the weekend.
Your co-operation allowed the meeting to run, especially the additional and change of duties that many of you did without complaint over the weekend, especially in that heat.

Many thanks, and I hope to see you again at our next meeting later in the year.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 19:25 (Ref:1657691)   #2
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two good days racing (LMAs apart), another post knocked off the list, See you next week Pete.

Andy
Old 16 Jul 2006, 20:14 (Ref:1657717)   #3
JLD
Racer

JLD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really enjoyed the day. Maybe waving those stick thingies will be a welcome change from pushing a brush
Old 16 Jul 2006, 20:20 (Ref:1657727)   #4
Stack
Veteran

Thailand
Leicester but dreaming of Thailand
Stack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Pete, really enjoyed the weekend (as usual) and great being on post with you on saturday.
Old 16 Jul 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1657730)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could only do Saturday (Bloody long way to go for a one-dayer!)
Really enjoyed my first visit to Cadwell and it's definitely on the list for a return soon!
Best race of the day for me was the Mini's - even outshone the ever-brilliant Clatterhams!
Great Circuit, lovely setting, friendly people, lousy food in cafe!
Old 16 Jul 2006, 21:39 (Ref:1657807)   #6
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Could only do Saturday (Bloody long way to go for a one-dayer!)
Really enjoyed my first visit to Cadwell and it's definitely on the list for a return soon!
Best race of the day for me was the Mini's - even outshone the ever-brilliant Clatterhams!
Great Circuit, lovely setting, friendly people, lousy food in cafe!
pleased you enjoyed your day as for the food you cant win all the time.

As for sunday apologies explained in seperate thread " update from dean"
but when I was there brilliant with the exception of the lma's
Old 17 Jul 2006, 06:32 (Ref:1657966)   #7
petermaxworthy
Rookie

England
Grimsby
petermaxworthy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good weekend see you all next weekend thanks cooled down a bit now
Old 17 Jul 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1658000)   #8
The Gate Keeper
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hull
The Gate Keeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What more could you ask for, good racing, good weather and good company, it was just unfortunate that I was a spectator this weekend and not out on the banks.

The Gate Keeper
Old 17 Jul 2006, 08:35 (Ref:1658020)   #9
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark
What more could you ask for, good racing, good weather and good company, it was just unfortunate that I was a spectator this weekend and not out on the banks.

The Gate Keeper
well considering all I for one hope that your problems are sorted favourably and swiftly and that you are back on the bank soon.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 09:07 (Ref:1658036)   #10
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks everyone who roasted at the weekend to allow us to play out...

Didn't realise you were there Mark, or I'd have come to say hello. I saw Dave & Kaybee in the paddock and gave KB a wee wave on the grid - Didn't bring me any luck whatsoever so I won't be doing that again :-)...

Once again - Thanks Jaffas !!
Old 17 Jul 2006, 10:12 (Ref:1658064)   #11
Micky.H
Racer

England
A Little Town In East Yorks
Micky.H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good weather, good racing & free food from the 'burger bar' thanks to a mystery donater - whoever you are thanks.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 10:54 (Ref:1658087)   #12
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to all marshalls about the LMA,was it the lack of cars ? we are going through a spate of car breakages at the moment which is stopping at least 10 cars from being on the grid, our luck is also poor on the track losing a number of the entries who did make it.

When cars break it takes time and lots of money to put right, hope to have some cars repaired for Anglesey in August. !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17 Jul 2006, 12:38 (Ref:1658166)   #13
Joyce George
Veteran

England
South Lincolnshire
Joyce George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to all for for a brilliant weekends racing, shame about the LMA's. Minis & Fords were great - the 20 mins flew by. I know I asked forthe fan to be turned off on Sunday, but I didn't mean that hot!! Saturday on post8 was freezing - I had a sweatshirt & a fleece on!!!
Old 17 Jul 2006, 15:29 (Ref:1658303)   #14
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by goforit500

Didn't realise you were there Mark, or I'd have come to say hello. I saw Dave & Kaybee in the paddock and gave KB a wee wave on the grid - Didn't bring me any luck whatsoever so I won't be doing that again :-)...
I was on post 1 with Dave and muttered "That looks like Brian limping back to the paddock"

Can I just ask........ what was the problem with the LMA's? Was it a Sunday thing, as all seemed OK on Saturday!
Old 17 Jul 2006, 17:56 (Ref:1658425)   #15
avro
Racer

avro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On Saturday we lost one car with a engine faliure and another with a blown clutch, then Ithere were a couple with a mysterious missfire.

Also on the side lines were 6 other super tourers that have problems.

On the bright side things will get better at Anglesey and full grids are expected at Brands, Oulton and Silverstone.

If we get good numbers for Brands this will be a televised race as part of the Race & Rally UK programme on Motors TV.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 18:04 (Ref:1658436)   #16
AndyMil
Racer

England
On a hill in Yorkshire!
AndyMil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Purely the lack of entries in the LMAs, every other race was good grids, but 11 starters on Saturday and 9 on Sunday made them the 'poor' race.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 18:26 (Ref:1658446)   #17
Retired
Rookie

England
EGYD
Retired should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Pete another great weekend especially Sunday on my "home" post!!
Hope the driver of the Jedi isn't too sore!!

We would also like to say a big thank you to Jean, who despite being at work the previous night volunteered to go out on post while two of our marshals where stranded by the roadside waiting to be recovered by Jo Coote (thanks Chris and Jo). Also to "the Gatekeeper" for volunteering his services on the grids as he was unable to go out on the bank due to a health issue and also cadjoling a friend to help him despite her never having been to a race meeting (I think she has the "bug" now though). This weekend showed the spirit of marshals in general and Cadwell Park in particular.

Thanks everybody.

Ken and Maureen
Old 17 Jul 2006, 18:29 (Ref:1658449)   #18
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
What a great weekend for one of our all-too-rare visits to Cadwell!

Being the incident team at posts 1 & 13 on Saturday had its advantages! When I had debris to remove at 1 I just asked my post 13 alter ego to look for a sizeable gap & let me know the number of the 'gap car' - I don't work with less than a 20-second gap! That 150mm long chunk of concrete which became dislodged from the edge of the track during the first Caterham race could have ruined somebody's weekend!

Sunday was even more fun - as well as being the incident team at Barn, I was the repeat flaggie; wave the yellow, then as soon as Hairpin got a stationary yellow out, off to deal with the incident......lucky I'm fit & agile!

I have to say I enjoyed ALL the races - the Fiestas were more entertaining than I've seen them for a long time. Pity the LMA grids were so small, but I still enjoyed the races; Mark Hammersley was the second driver to lose his washer bottle at my post this season.....

With five recoveries over the weekend, I'd just like to say how impressed I was with the Cadwell recovery teams - people we often take for granted.

........and I'd forgotten what a nuisance thunderflies can be!
Old 17 Jul 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1658457)   #19
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I saw Dave & Kaybee in the paddock and gave KB a wee wave on the grid - Didn't bring me any luck whatsoever so I won't be doing that again :-)...
What was the problem on Sunday? I hope it wasn't a driveshaft after my comment on Saturday!
Old 17 Jul 2006, 19:17 (Ref:1658501)   #20
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks everyone who roasted at the weekend to allow us to play out...

Once again - Thanks Jaffas !!
Oh dear! Now I'll have to add waving to drivers to the list of things not to do or I'll bring them bad luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mark
Weird sort of spectating if you ask me; gridding up the cars on Saturday and thanx for bringing the bottles back to the post on Saturday.

Thanx to everyone at Cadwell for a very enjoyable weekend I finally got to meet Dogsbody; and apologies for sending the cars (Jedis) into the pit lane after the red flag, during practice, instead of onto the grid.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 19:33 (Ref:1658512)   #21
dogsbody
Racer

dogsbody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now KayBee don't you go blowing my cover....

As for the cars in the pit lane thing I think we are just out of step with everyone else due to our "modest" pit facilities and probably going back to when they were about a third that wide in the first place, so no worries there.

Glad everyone had a great time, even I managed to venture away from usual stamping grounds (although I did still have the usual ball and chain with me on Sunday - thanks Pete for giving me the day off on Saturday and BIG thanks to Jean for not making me go "homealone" on the same day) - now that will start a rumour.....

Glad folks have mentioned our Recovery teams - they are brilliant- whenever I deal with them from whichever job I am doing they are always cheerful, professional and fast (they even wave too). I gather they are all off to the gym this week for some weight training prior to next week's Superkart GP.

And I didn't think the Clerks did too badly running race control all by themselves (except for Deputy Chief Marshal having to keep them in line and show them the ropes....)

See you all next weekend

Old 17 Jul 2006, 19:39 (Ref:1658521)   #22
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody
And I didn't think the Clerks did too badly running race control all by themselves
I thought Julian did a superb job on Radio - reminded me of Ken Bruce!
Old 17 Jul 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1658527)   #23
KayBee
Veteran

England
Royston Vasey
KayBee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
I thought Julian did a superb job on Radio - reminded me of Ken Bruce!
Me too! but not Ken Bruce more like Stuart Higgs and Dave Stewart - BSB and MRO/BMCMC Race Directors respectively who always run the radio.

Dogsbody I would never blow your cover but I did wonder where you'd got to Sunday afternoon.
Old 17 Jul 2006, 23:03 (Ref:1658682)   #24
Julian
Racer

United Kingdom
Towcester
Julian should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,
I would just like to support everything Pete said. You all did an excellent job over the weekend and it was a pleasure to work with you.
Special thanks are due to Pete and his sign-on team for getting the circuit manned both days. You have an excellent team at Cadwell and I look forward to working with you again soon.
Thanks also go to any competitors, co-ordinators and others involved with the event who may read this thread!
Julian
Old 18 Jul 2006, 07:25 (Ref:1658855)   #25
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was the clutch Dave :-(....Roll on Anglesey !!

Ya can wave to me anytime KB :-) - Was nice to see you guys again - Thanks for popping over to see us !!