Charles Leclerc 2 5.56%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Yuki Tsunoda 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 May 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4111162)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Certainly was a weekend that could have gone any which way. But Max's DRS not working shows how much more tenser it is without it. Suspense should be part of the excitement and let drivers find their own way to overtake. They don't all have to pass at the same point

And yes I also gave DOTR to George, he's really lifted the team up after a tough start to the season and totally got a lot out of that car. He should challenge for wins more often now. One of his best drives in his career so far

Anyway we probably didn't hear more from George and his team, because there is still some privacy which we don't know about
Old 24 May 2022, 16:09 (Ref:4111173)   #32
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Talking of Georges communications I loved his 'Typically British stiff upper-lip style'. When he was told they thought Perez was going for a (surprising) one-stop strategy he simply replied "Blimey"! Brilliant...
Old 24 May 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4111176)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Talking of Georges communications I loved his 'Typically British stiff upper-lip style'. When he was told they thought Perez was going for a (surprising) one-stop strategy he simply replied "Blimey"! Brilliant...
right! that was great.

def want to hear more of him in the heat of things.

maybe he doesn't say much or just not the type of stuff the TV director finds 'sensationalized' enough for broadcast.
Old 24 May 2022, 17:23 (Ref:4111184)   #34
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
right! that was great.

def want to hear more of him in the heat of things.

maybe he doesn't say much or just not the type of stuff the TV director finds 'sensationalized' enough for broadcast.

I think we should be quite aware of how much it's being directed and shaped by timing and placed out of context. We know Drive to Survive fabricate some drama when reality is a bit dull. I bet these messages are the same. I know SkyF1 have said multiple times "that was an old message" when they had been monitoring the radio.
Old 24 May 2022, 17:26 (Ref:4111186)   #35
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post

In general I like the way he handles media. He seems to talk more to the point than some drivers who just waffle on about how great the team are, or how much work they still have to do.

...and yes, that was brilliant!
Old 24 May 2022, 23:40 (Ref:4111218)   #36
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the podium!Skam85 has a real shot at the podium!Skam85 has a real shot at the podium!Skam85 has a real shot at the podium!Skam85 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
There are two elements at play in the radio messages you hear from Hamilton.

Firstly - he has admitted previously that sometimes the messages about tyres being finished are aimed at deceiving other teams listening to radio messages.
Hamilton:“Sometimes, the worst thing if you bluff your own teams. So you’ve got to be careful. In the past, there have been times where it’s worked in benefit but it’s a very, very, very fine line. The other teams are listening to what you’re saying, so everyone is listening out to who’s pitting when.”
Secondly - he has talked about how he uses negativity to motivate himself. If he can get into the mindset that situations are aligned against him and he has something to prove, he uses this to spur himself on and put in some of the results we have seen.
Hamilton: "In future, the negative thing is only a positive thing for me because I harness it and turn it from a negative to a positive."

In future - look for when Hamilton seems to be in a negative state of mind and appears to be complaining about things not going his way. That is when you can expect him to be on top form.
The boy who cried wolf(f). Literally nobody in the paddock would believe Lewis' tyres are ever actually gone.
Old 25 May 2022, 17:18 (Ref:4111307)   #37
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps he's overly sensitive to tyre wear having been left out on tyres down to the canvas in China 2007 and crossing the finishing line with a flat last year?