Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Jun 2022, 19:29 (Ref:4115441)   #601
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i would say his results are flattered by a few no scores by Max earlier in the season and more recently some 0 pts weekends from Charles.

so for me, im already hitting the 2022 eject button...which is just one of many many reasons the would never pay me the big bucks!

but with 15 races left and with the consistency GR has been showing so far who knows. perhaps too early to write this season off.
Max was 19th in Bahrain and had that DNF in Australia, not to mention Leclerc's two DNFs and Sainz's three, so perhaps Russell's results are flattered. However, despite the inherent problems Mercedes are having with the car, both he and Hamilton have finished in every race so far, with Russell in the top 5.

Reliability is part of it and the car is reliable, hence the results but it is a pig to drive. With 14 races to go, if they can sort out the porpoising, I can see both Hamilton and Russell challenging RBR and Ferrari.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 06:40 (Ref:4115484)   #602
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Mercedes must be totally sold on their concept for this years car and believe that if they can rid it of the PPP (Pesky Porpoising Problem) it will be an absolute rocket ship!
Old 14 Jun 2022, 14:22 (Ref:4115565)   #603
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think the potential of the car is there, but too many negatives are getting in the way of the positives. I certainly think their pace is not far off the top that it will be winner when all is sorted out
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:07 (Ref:4115932)   #604
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations to Mercedes for notching their first win of the season - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...unds/10323157/
Old 16 Jun 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4115937)   #605
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Congratulations to Mercedes for notching their first win of the season - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fi...unds/10323157/

That's not necessarily a given and it will be interesting to see how the FIA intend to implement this, particularly the definition of a metric, based on the car’s vertical acceleration, that will give a quantitative limit for acceptable level of vertical oscillations, considering not all the cars are experiencing the same amount of porpoising, as seen in this graph.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 23:20 (Ref:4115982)   #606
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Is this a win though?
Ride height being raised for the Mercs will hinder their performance even more ...
Old 17 Jun 2022, 05:04 (Ref:4115996)   #607
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Is this a win though?
Ride height being raised for the Mercs will hinder their performance even more ...
Yes but they’re aim is for the FIA to maybe everyone run higher…
Old 17 Jun 2022, 06:56 (Ref:4116007)   #608
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Yes but they’re aim is for the FIA to maybe everyone run higher…
I'm jumping the gun a little here but surely it'll only be the cars that are suffering bouncing about the (newly) pre-determined levels that will have to run higher? This will reduce the bouncing, but also reduce their pace. Teams that don't suffer the problem so severely will be able to continue running as they are/were, and will gain relatively in performance.
Old 11 Nov 2022, 16:13 (Ref:4133294)   #609
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
One of Mercedes' partners, cryptocurrency exchange FTX, has filed for bankruptcy in the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63601213
Old 12 Nov 2022, 20:27 (Ref:4133389)   #610
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
One of Mercedes' partners, cryptocurrency exchange FTX, has filed for bankruptcy in the US.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63601213
Quote:
Embattled cryptocurrency exchange FTX has filed for bankruptcy in the US, seeking court protection as it looks for a way to return money to users.
CryptoBros: We don't want no financial regulation!
CryptoBros when their scam collapses: Help us FinTech regs! Save us from this mess!
Old 12 Nov 2022, 21:52 (Ref:4133395)   #611
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also CryptoBros: I shall fly to a country that has no extradition agreement with the USA.
Old 13 Nov 2022, 21:54 (Ref:4133549)   #612
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Meantime, a 1-2 for Mercedes in Brazil...

Is the Dominator back in the building?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:33 (Ref:4133612)   #613
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hope it augurs well for a proper championship fight next season, RBR/Mercedes/Ferrari.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4133624)   #614
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Merc are back. And now only 19 points behind Ferrari going into the last race...
Old 14 Nov 2022, 12:44 (Ref:4133657)   #615
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Merc are back. And now only 19 points behind Ferrari going into the last race...

Let's see what happens in Abu Dhabi.
Old 14 Nov 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4133673)   #616
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As opposed to how they will fair against other teams, find myself far more curious about which team mate will dominate for next season!

If this turns out to be their only win this season (or if GR wins next time around) and this becomes the highlight of the team’s season, the young man may have won over even more of the team?

No doubt some team executive or media pundit will be wondering out loud if they can score wins with a driver on a much lower retainer then why are they paying the other guy so much?

Popcorn on the ready!
Old 14 Nov 2022, 18:37 (Ref:4133717)   #617
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is this true Mercedes performance or was it Red Bull just getting it wrong this past weekend? I think I read somewhere that Mercedes have decided on a different aero concept for next year (i.e. 2023 may not be an evolution of the 2022 zero sidepod setup).

It will be interesting to see if their Brazil form caries into Abu Dhabi.

Richard
Old 15 Dec 2022, 11:18 (Ref:4137242)   #618
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Schumacher to Mercedes!

Didn't see that coming.
Old 15 Dec 2022, 15:57 (Ref:4137256)   #619
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Schumacher to Mercedes!

Didn't see that coming.
very nice! glad to hear and good opportunity for him to stay in the show.

not his dad's level of skill but he does seem to have his work ethic and thats not nothing! like this signing for more reasons than just nostalgia!
Old 15 Dec 2022, 16:13 (Ref:4137258)   #620
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For once I was ahead of the news, as I heard it suggested on Midweek Motorsport that a German driver might be good for business in a German team. Then, let's not think too long upon the fact that the team is at most a third German...

Good for Mick to get to hang around.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 04:40 (Ref:4137293)   #621
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Schumacher to Mercedes!

Didn't see that coming.
Be interesting to see if gets any FP1 sessions to keep his eye in, and compare the simulator to real world..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4137317)   #622
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, i just don`t see anything but a PR stunt taking Mick to Mercedes, certainly not shown anything to make him worthy of a Top F1 race seat imho.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:19 (Ref:4137319)   #623
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Sorry, i just don`t see anything but a PR stunt taking Mick to Mercedes, certainly not shown anything to make him worthy of a Top F1 race seat imho.

But of course! F1 is all about PR.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 14:47 (Ref:4137342)   #624
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
indeed, without that name he wouldn't be in this position...not good enough for a top seat.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 15:57 (Ref:4137352)   #625
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
it really doesnt put him in line for a top seat though does it?

of the last few drivers who held this posting previously, only Russell moved up but (and i could be wrong here) he was no longer even a Merc reserve driver when he got his last minute call up in 2020?

De Vries has moved on to AT so its not like being a reservist got him a Merc race seat. Ocon before him left for Renault and i doubt we will ever see Vandoorne back in F1.

of course none of that negates the PR value of having MS walking around in Merc Kit but for sure and even with his limited F1 experience hes more than capable enough of running sim time etc.

anyways, now that i've said all this watch MS get called up on race day right when Merc are in the middle of a title battle!