Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Jun 2022, 04:22 (Ref:4117142)   #166
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
At the end of the day we have Bagnaia, Bezzecchi and M Viñales on the podium. Fabio went down twice but what if A Espargaro had a clear race? He went from 15 to 4 th. What a rider!
Yeah Espargaro was brilliant in his comeback.... and to take two places on the final chicane on the final lap was impressive. Shame Fabio had 'an off day', but although he deserves the title this year, this result today will make it a bit more interesting. Quartararo also now carries forward a long lap penalty to be served at Silverstone next race.

Good also to see Bezzecchi takes a maiden podium for himself and VR46 team.
Old 27 Jun 2022, 09:56 (Ref:4117167)   #167
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, Bezzecchi last lap was a master piece too. I dont see the long lap as a huge penalty at Silverstone, depending on when it applies during the race.

As to the comments of Yamaha refering to Nakagami's previous incidents I feel strange that many ask for more severity but only for other riders… This does not seem consistent IMO.
Old 27 Jun 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4117186)   #168
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Yeah Espargaro was brilliant in his comeback.... and to take two places on the final chicane on the final lap was impressive. Shame Fabio had 'an off day', but although he deserves the title this year, this result today will make it a bit more interesting. Quartararo also now carries forward a long lap penalty to be served at Silverstone next race.

Good also to see Bezzecchi takes a maiden podium for himself and VR46 team.
Second that, what a comeback ride and that double overtake was breathtaking!
Old 27 Jun 2022, 19:59 (Ref:4117271)   #169
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Great win by Bagnaia, if only he could keep it on the asphalt more often. Really out of character race from Fabio with two mistakes.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 04:07 (Ref:4117287)   #170
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Enea Bastianini has signed a new factory deal with Ducati for 2023, but it is yet to be decided whether he will join Bagnaia at the factory squad or move to Pramac in place of Jorge Martin should he be promoted.
i dont see a need to move him to Pramac .. not a real upgrade, more like a sidegrade

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Jun 2022, 04:09 (Ref:4117288)   #171
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yep, Bezzecchi last lap was a master piece too. I dont see the long lap as a huge penalty at Silverstone, depending on when it applies during the race.

As to the comments of Yamaha refering to Nakagami's previous incidents I feel strange that many ask for more severity but only for other riders… This does not seem consistent IMO.
penalty has to be taken in 3 laps from showing it during the race .. and usually it's in the first lap.

Ciao Marco
Old 28 Jun 2022, 10:33 (Ref:4117310)   #172
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerard C should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for that Dani.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 11:13 (Ref:4117313)   #173
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!E.B is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Really out of character race from Fabio with two mistakes.
To be fair, the second crash was not really his mistake. It seems in the first crash he severed connections to the traction control rendering it intermittent (or maybe just none functioning). He first came in to retire, but the team hoping for rain, told him to go back out so if it did rain they could change bikes. Unfortunately he soon fell foul of the troubles with the traction control resulting in the highside exit.
Old 28 Jun 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4117332)   #174
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Yes, it did seem a bit of a strange crash, so that all makes sense and I take back what I said. His first incident though was his fault, although I do agree with him that his punishment for the next race, as he hurt his chances more than Espagaro

Miller gets another penalty. Is he just attracting trouble or is he being singled out harshly a bit too much?
Old 2 Jul 2022, 20:25 (Ref:4117838)   #175
Gerard C
Veteran

French Polynesia
My place
Many have been asking for serious punishment now it comes more or less same people say its too harsh. Is this serious?
Old Yesterday, 06:58 (Ref:4117870)   #176
S griffin
Veteran

I do think they need to keep a close eye on the riding standards, but need to be careful they don't punish every incident like most other series do.