Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 1 Mar 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4037699)   #51
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Yes, it is a bold proposal, and I know I was the one who started it, but I never expected anyone else on this forum to have any opinions on Ipswich Town
But I would prefer not to have a discussion about it on here, as this is a motorsport forum, and apart from anything else it doesn't look good for motorsport if another (inferior) sport is being discussed on this forum. It's not just because it depresses me to talk about my club in their current state.

Without derailing the thread too much further, I’m from Framlingham, small world haha

Now back to formula E!

Glad to see Lynn is ok after what looked like a terrible crash

Caught up on both races today and the lasting impression was distinctly average.

FE can be really quite wild sometimes so it goes to show just how dependant it all is on quality of track layout

Those summer Berlin races were just a lot more dramatic!
Old 1 Mar 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4037730)   #52
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Without derailing the thread too much further, I’m from Framlingham, small world haha

Now back to formula E!

Glad to see Lynn is ok after what looked like a terrible crash

Caught up on both races today and the lasting impression was distinctly average.

FE can be really quite wild sometimes so it goes to show just how dependant it all is on quality of track layout

Those summer Berlin races were just a lot more dramatic!
Small world indeed

I actually didn’t really enjoy the Berlin races much. I had expected to, but six races at the same track in one week just wasn’t as good as I had expected. The Ad Diriyah races were more exciting for me, although I the penalties were very annoying, but I also thought the qualifying format was too extreme, whereas it doesn’t make so much of a difference usually. Maybe they have made progress, but two Dragons and two NIOs in superpole just didn’t seem right. I am really looking forward to seeing Formula e race on a proper track later this year, I think it will be great (Mexico City is by far the best at the moment, even for on track action, so Valencia should be similar).

Lynn’s crash was terrifying, the worst in Formula e history (including the infamous Heidfeld-Prost crash). Really glad he’s okay.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4045427)   #53
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Grid for Rome race 1:
1. Vandoorne
2. Lotterer
3. Rowland
4. Di Grassi
5. Vergne
6. Gunther (+5 so 11th)
7. Frijns
8. De Vries
9. Wehrlein
10. Buemi
11. Bird
12. Evans
13. Lynn
14. Nato
15. Sims
16. Sette-Camara
17. Muller
18. Da Costa
19. Blomqvist
20. Dennis
21. Rast
22. Cassidy
23. Mortara
24. Turvey

As much as I enjoyed seeing NIO and Dragon up at the top in Ad Diriyah, it did feel too artificial with the group qualifying format, so I am pleased to see a more representative grid today, with the punishment of being in an early group not as severe as it was in Diriyah.
Old 10 Apr 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4045463)   #54
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Today's race had many laps of boredom, and a couple of crashes to spice it up.
Old 11 Apr 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4045529)   #55
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Today's race had many laps of boredom, and a couple of crashes to spice it up.
Errr.

Ok i've bitten!

Looked a pretty decent race full of action and scraps to me?
Old 11 Apr 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4045539)   #56
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Errr.

Ok i've bitten!

Looked a pretty decent race full of action and scraps to me?
Yes, I thought it was a brilliant race, making up for the farce of Ad Diriyah. Di Grassi, Bird and Vandoorne all put in textbook drives. Shame about how it ended with the manhole cover.
Old 11 Apr 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4045541)   #57
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes, I thought it was a brilliant race, making up for the farce of Ad Diriyah. Di Grassi, Bird and Vandoorne all put in textbook drives. Shame about how it ended with the manhole cover.
Weird scenario. Gunther saved his big moment earlier on but Stoff unfortunately did not!
Old 12 Apr 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4045670)   #58
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many drivers would have run out of electricity if Vandoorne did his restart a bit quicker, giving the race an extra lap?
Old 18 Apr 2021, 10:04 (Ref:4046490)   #59
LPP68
Rookie

Great news! the Monaco race will be held on the full F1-track!
Old 21 Apr 2021, 07:36 (Ref:4047006)   #60
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPP68 View Post
Great news! the Monaco race will be held on the full F1-track!
It isn't identical though - does look like there will be a few changes. Mostly turn 1 and the chicane after the tunnel.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 10:15 (Ref:4047641)   #61
BTCC frog
Veteran

Vandoorne takes pole for Valencia race one. Still looking like the championship favourite, in my opinion. Sam Bird and Lucas Di Grassi, the two best overtakers on the grid, starting 21st and 22nd should be interesting.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4047674)   #62
BTCC frog
Veteran

AARRGGHH! That is infuriating! What an absolute farce once again! Why did Formula e take away so much energy? Surely that is down to the taking energy away, as that surely wouldn't have happened with a normal finish. Ridiculous, again.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4047676)   #63
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
AARRGGHH! That is infuriating! What an absolute farce once again! Why did Formula e take away so much energy? Surely that is down to the taking energy away, as that surely wouldn't have happened with a normal finish. Ridiculous, again.
I'm sorry, but this is not down to the teams. The only drivers to finish competitively were the Mercedes, and that was partly down to luck as they told De Vries he was under-consuming, and Muller who was probably saving a bit anyway after the early drive-through (he's done that before).

But to be fair, this will go down as one of the craziest and perhaps most famous race finishes of all time, so maybe I shouldn't be so negative, even if it was farcical.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 15:00 (Ref:4047682)   #64
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
such a stupid race finish... I'm not an engineer but if battery barely can keep the cars running for 45minutes+1lap (and not always this happens) just don't let ECU/software cut some kwh from the battery during safety car... is like if during a F1 race drivers would be forced to throw away some liters of fuel during SC period.
Or at least make the race 40minutes+1lap.
Old 24 Apr 2021, 20:30 (Ref:4047715)   #65
LPP68
Rookie

Quote:
How many drivers would have run out of electricity if Vandoorne did his restart a bit quicker, giving the race an extra lap?
Haha, I got my answer 1 raceweekend late :-)

I am a bit on the fence if something has to be done or not. I guess less people would have had problems without the last safetycar. OTOH, the amount of energy to be taken away is not random, but based on the rules (I suppose) and engineers should take it into account.
Old 25 Apr 2021, 10:07 (Ref:4047759)   #66
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
such a stupid race finish... I'm not an engineer but if battery barely can keep the cars running for 45minutes+1lap (and not always this happens) just don't let ECU/software cut some kwh from the battery during safety car... is like if during a F1 race drivers would be forced to throw away some liters of fuel during SC period.
Or at least make the race 40minutes+1lap.
The whole idea of an FE race is that you MUST regenerate to be able to finish the race. That pushes the technology. Under the old rules where they didn't remove power under the SC that took that whole strategic part of the race away.

The mistake they made yesterday was removing the same amount of power with a couple of laps to go as they would have if the SC had come out after five minutes of the race. The difference being that there was no way to regenerate enough power to compensate over two laps.
Old 25 Apr 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4047763)   #67
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
The whole idea of an FE race is that you MUST regenerate to be able to finish the race. That pushes the technology. Under the old rules where they didn't remove power under the SC that took that whole strategic part of the race away.

The mistake they made yesterday was removing the same amount of power with a couple of laps to go as they would have if the SC had come out after five minutes of the race. The difference being that there was no way to regenerate enough power to compensate over two laps.
I am aware of that, we could just conclude that at the moment FE cars can't smoothly run in circuits with much less braking zones to regen compared to a slower street circuit full of corners. Wonder how things will be in monaco next race since I think will be required a considerable amount of energy to run the climb after the first turn each lap
Old 25 Apr 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4047805)   #68
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Yesterdays race was a farce. I have been telling any friends who like motorsport to give this series a chance, but that was an utter shambles and embarrsement.

The organisers need to make some rule changes, and quickly. That can never be allowed to happen again. I dont even know why they deduct power due to safety car periods in the first place.
Old 25 Apr 2021, 20:38 (Ref:4047833)   #69
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No such issues with today's race as the safety car finally had a day off.
Old 26 Apr 2021, 13:02 (Ref:4047903)   #70
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Yesterdays race was a farce. I have been telling any friends who like motorsport to give this series a chance, but that was an utter shambles and embarrsement.

The organisers need to make some rule changes, and quickly. That can never be allowed to happen again. I dont even know why they deduct power due to safety car periods in the first place.
I don't understand this either - just like in F1 (and other series), if fuel/energy is conserved it allows the drivers to go harder at it until the end. Imagine the whole field on full attack, no need for coasting, slip streaming, etc
Old 26 Apr 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4047937)   #71
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It's unsurprising that Formula E has economy races.
Old 29 Apr 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4048498)   #72
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks like Formula E will be in Vancouver (BC, Canada) in July 2022, apparently using some of the former Champ Car street circuit last used in 2004. Supposedly the Montreal-based promoter One Stop Strategy Motorsports will be responsible for all costs, although I see no mention of a title sponsor, so I don't know how they'll pay for it.
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/form...uncil-approved

Last edited by HighParker; 29 Apr 2021 at 15:59.
Old 8 May 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4050343)   #73
LPP68
Rookie

What a race in Monaco. The full track really suits the current generation of FE-cars. Awesome race.
The result does not reflect it though. The top 6 finishes in exactly the same order as started, despite fistfulls of overtakes and lead-changes!
Old 8 May 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4050346)   #74
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
What a race in Monaco. The full track really suits the current generation of FE-cars. Awesome race.
The result does not reflect it though. The top 6 finishes in exactly the same order as started, despite fistfulls of overtakes and lead-changes!
Yes, that was an enthralling race. The cars really looked like they were going flat-out all race, and I have never heard Jack Nicholls so excited than he was on those final laps.
Old 8 May 2021, 18:38 (Ref:4050376)   #75
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's funny that many suspected Formula E at Monaco would look stupid. And yet it was one of the best races I've ever seen. Absolutely fantastic. I wish it was a double header.