Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 4 25.00%
6 3 18.75%
5 2 12.50%
4 1 6.25%
3 2 12.50%
2 0 0%
1 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Jul 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4118777)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the SPRINT: Austria 2022

What score do you give it?
Old 9 Jul 2022, 21:19 (Ref:4118790)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really very dull. But I dislike them immensely, which colours my perception.... The F3 'sprint' at Silverstone last Saturday was much, much better. Sounded better too....
Old 9 Jul 2022, 22:26 (Ref:4118796)   #3
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A 7.

I enjoy the sprint races. Like most sports it is refreshing for F1 to mix the format up now and then, to break the monotony of FP1, FP2, FP3, Qualifying and Race week after week.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 00:48 (Ref:4118808)   #4
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Gave it a 6 - whilst not absolutely unmissable, generally I enjoy the sprints and I think that they're probably better for the fans physically at the track - plus it makes Friday far more meaningful with Qual now on a Friday afternoon.

This one had a bit going on - the dices between a few made it a bit better than average so a hence my score.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 07:04 (Ref:4118826)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Yeah 6 too. There was some good action which probably warranted a 7.

I much prefer to have a extra race than a 3rd practice sesh although the teams need the running time.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 08:14 (Ref:4118833)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I voted a 7. It was a decent enough race. Mick's defending was as fun as the overtakes and it was good to see the Ferraris getting racey.

I know some people are down on sprints, but I like them. The more racing, the better for me. For anyone who has done kart racing, the format will be familiar. You race to get a good grid position for the final. Here the 'final' is the Grand Prix.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 08:32 (Ref:4118834)   #7
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5. Not very good. Not a fan of the sprint format. I'm not sure that the track is fit for F1 now.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4118841)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
5. Not very good. Not a fan of the sprint format. I'm not sure that the track is fit for F1 now.
Phew, I was beginning to wonder whether I was alone in my view about the sprints......

About the track, the drivers have effectively 'widened' the track. They spend as much time on the kerbs and run off as they do on the tarmac. So much so that it's really started to niggle for me....
Old 10 Jul 2022, 09:50 (Ref:4118847)   #9
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
I too hate the sprint format, and would prefer not to have separate polls for the sprints because I dislike anything that appears to elevate the sprint to the level of the Grand Prix, but obviously it doesn’t really matter.

However, I can’t agree on the track, it is one of the best on the calendar. For providing good racing, it is top three along with Silverstone and Interlagos, and it was particularly good to see a battle in the sprint where DRS was negated by another drivers having it, and Schumacher actually able to defend his position, creating some great racing.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 10:12 (Ref:4118856)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
7. One of the better ones. We at least had some battling further down, like with the 2 Haas and Hamilton
Old 11 Jul 2022, 09:32 (Ref:4119066)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post

However, I can’t agree on the track, it is one of the best on the calendar. For providing good racing, it is top three along with Silverstone and Interlagos, and it was particularly good to see a battle in the sprint where DRS was negated by another drivers having it, and Schumacher actually able to defend his position, creating some great racing.
I think it could be, but something has to be done to make the drivers actually drive on it......

Plus a large no overtaking sign on the entry to turn 4.
Old 11 Jul 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4119096)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
a generous 3 from me, not really much of a race really