Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Mar 2001, 00:53 (Ref:69740)   #1
Big D
Rookie

Big D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why cant us brits leave a good thing alone?
we have ruined the BTCC by loosing most of its manufacturers, adding more crappy drivers,and stupid wieght disadvantages.
why couldnt they just leave the thing alone?
i mean in a few years time it would have been huge.
But it has fallen and must get back up through that long windy path of success.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 00:56 (Ref:69742)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it's more why couldn't the manufacturers stop spending more and more money and forcing each other to spend more money.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 00:57 (Ref:69744)   #3
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True Big D...BTTC isn't what it was and spread it's potential in the wron direction. Like the old DTM and ITC it's going nowhere...unfortunately.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 01:06 (Ref:69747)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You's do know were on the verge of another great success in British Racing? Where have you been?
Old 10 Mar 2001, 09:25 (Ref:69797)   #5
GT2001
Rookie

GT2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sice when were the drivers in the BTCC ****? Many may be new to the BTCC , but they have proved to be fast in categories such as NSC , Clios and Fiestas. Also , on the number of manafcturers , look further into the future , after all Super Touring started with only two works teams back in 91.... and now we have Vauxhall , Peugeot and MG.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 10:10 (Ref:69800)   #6
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
We even have more works entries this year than we did in 1999.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 11:15 (Ref:69817)   #7
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, sorry Big D, but i also think your wrong. ST as a formula died because of its own success. I think the new BTCC wil be something huge.
Old 10 Mar 2001, 16:39 (Ref:69865)   #8
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I'm having trouble getting my head round this- the BTCC WAS huge up to last year, but had gone into a decline in terms of manufacturer involvement, size of entries etc. Now it's on the way back!

Who are these 'crappy' drivers? OK, there are some surprising names on the entry list, and some people with limited track records, but there is some serious talent there. Don't forget that the Rydells, Menus etc all started somewhere, and many of them were little-known when they first arrived in BTCC. The great thing about this year is that we're seeing the drivers who are going to be the big BTCC stars in the future- there are a number of future BTCC champions in the Production class alone, mark my words
Old 11 Mar 2001, 12:33 (Ref:70046)   #9
hunttheshunt
Veteran

hunttheshunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, there are plenty of BTCP drivers who could easily be in the BTCT this yeart on talent alone;

Kaye, Howell, Pyper, Ruokonen, Kelly to name but a few. The BTCC has more quality drivers in it this year than last, even though we've lost Rick, Kristensen, Tarquini etc.