Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Apr 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3971687)   #76
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So... what of the noise out the back.. about a certain French/Japanese brand bringing Supercar a different kind of deal to go racing.. live & on track..

There is/was a suggestion that this importer, in conjunction perhaps with a recently former Supercar team, may have floated an idea around lining up a couple of dozen of their sports hatches into a one-make championship.

Idea apparently would be similar to a one make championship from the mid 1980s, with proper race cars, prepped by the teams to give them something to do in the rest break, and run with control suspension settings in a series of races across a two, or even a one day event, operating with officials but without a crowd, or hangers on.

Prize money for the drivers and teams, and picking car numbers out of a hat at the start of the weekend to ‘fair it up’...

The challenge of factory supported drivers may be a moot point with Holden soon to be out, and Ford soon to exit the Focus platform here.

It would be more than good to see drivers and teams using strategy and race craft and strengths and weaknesses of their cars as they prepare them out on a real track rather than simulated entertainment... Might get Fox enthused around having proper content on the teev too, with the thrills and spills real and live...

Could be interesting.. the Yoplait Follies
I must be thick, what is this all about?
Old 19 Apr 2020, 21:12 (Ref:3971746)   #77
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault and GRM one make Megane series I would imagine.

Surely undertaking risky activity like motor racing in the middle of a public health crisis is just tone deaf and risks undue pressure on hospitals.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 22:16 (Ref:3971752)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
Renault and GRM one make Megane series I would imagine.

Surely undertaking risky activity like motor racing in the middle of a public health crisis is just tone deaf and risks undue pressure on hospitals.
You mean a track completely closed to crowds

NRL are trying their hand in a few weeks..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Apr 2020, 22:19 (Ref:3971753)   #79
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy400 View Post
Just buy the NED and stop smoking the pipe
Constructive.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 01:17 (Ref:3971766)   #80
tobyobi
Rookie

tobyobi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You mean a track completely closed to crowds

NRL requires 34 players (13 + 4 bench per side), plus some ancillary staff. Coach, medic, water boy. Add some camera staff (commentary doesn't need to be onsite), add some other medical staff, you'd be at 100 tops.

What about a Supercars event? 24 drivers, 3 crew per car, you're already pushing 100. Before you add marshals, medics, camera, more crew (you're not going to run them on 3 per car). Way bigger production, regardless of crowd.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 02:39 (Ref:3971770)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyobi View Post
NRL requires 34 players (13 + 4 bench per side), plus some ancillary staff. Coach, medic, water boy. Add some camera staff (commentary doesn't need to be onsite), add some other medical staff, you'd be at 100 tops.

What about a Supercars event? 24 drivers, 3 crew per car, you're already pushing 100. Before you add marshals, medics, camera, more crew (you're not going to run them on 3 per car). Way bigger production, regardless of crowd.
Yet at least 34 of the NRL infield team, plus the trainers and the medical crew are physically inside the 1.5m social distancing requirements to the point of physical contact... while the motor racing lot need not be at that risk..
Old 20 Apr 2020, 03:14 (Ref:3971773)   #82
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they could get approval on this one make stuff then they could get approval on any motor sport in the country.

At best it’s a proposition for a support card next year.

Stop making stuff up.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 05:34 (Ref:3971779)   #83
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
while the motor racing lot need not be at that risk..
Yeah safe as houses, if you don't count drivers getting Senna-ed or Brock-ed or Lauda-ed and the resultant medical requirements, yeah, almost risk free...
Old 20 Apr 2020, 05:54 (Ref:3971780)   #84
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Yeah safe as houses, if you don't count drivers getting Senna-ed or Brock-ed or Lauda-ed and the resultant medical requirements, yeah, almost risk free...

Was thinking the same thing in regards to rescue and medical.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3971788)   #85
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Virgin Australia about to tip over according to news reports.
Supercars may need to find a new naming rights sponsor.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3971807)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
More reasons for the Supercar haters to dance with glee...!
Old 20 Apr 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3971808)   #87
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
If they could get approval on this one make stuff then they could get approval on any motor sport in the country.

At best it’s a proposition for a support card next year.

Stop making stuff up.
Still here, still constructive?
Old 20 Apr 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3971815)   #88
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

That’d be sad due to all the job losses that will occur. And they wouldn’t be the only airline that falls over in all of this. I think most will go to the wall or very close to it.

Losing a title sponsor is nothing compared to that.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 11:42 (Ref:3971819)   #89
Speedy400
Racer

GTR

If your idea was plausible then Carrera Cup or the 86s could take over yesterday. But they aren’t.

When was the last time one of your scoops even remotely came to light?

Constructive? I’m not telling fibs.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 12:47 (Ref:3971824)   #90
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They only think they are and lobbying like hell to try and make it happen. It is the old tactic, tell the world and then try and lobby to make it happen

....Mr minister, we have already promised it and you will look like a dill if you don't give us the permission to go ahead.
Old 20 Apr 2020, 23:13 (Ref:3971939)   #91
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
GTR

If your idea was plausible then Carrera Cup or the 86s could take over yesterday. But they aren’t.

When was the last time one of your scoops even remotely came to light?

Constructive? I’m not telling fibs.
Except these series can’t actually do that because of multiple car owners in each series and insurance challenges of multiple pilots etc etc.

No wonder nobody wants to come here any more.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 00:21 (Ref:3971944)   #92
Speedy400
Racer

Ahhhhahhahahhahahahhahhhaaaa
Old 21 Apr 2020, 01:11 (Ref:3971954)   #93
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:

No wonder nobody wants to come here any more.
More Aussies would still be here if you had’ve put the kybosh on a certain member who continuously trolled and argued with members here just for their own entertainment. It really did sour the enjoyment of this forum for many fans (and drivers) who used to post here. Myself included. That member has disappeared but people have moved on to discuss Supercars elsewhere.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 01:25 (Ref:3971961)   #94
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
More Aussies would still be here if you had’ve put the kybosh on a certain member who continuously trolled and argued with members here just for their own entertainment. It really did sour the enjoyment of this forum for many fans (and drivers) who used to post here. Myself included. That member has disappeared but people have moved on to discuss Supercars elsewhere.
Peckstar was a target because She?? was so one sided and could never entertain the idea that SC was anything less than GOD so people reacted to that. I used to admire her arguments because they were in the main very well put even if I did not agree with them all the time. That she (I am presuming) did tell some outright porkies at times but that happens. As for Mr. GTR, his wanting to be king of the kids and writing his prophesies in the manner he did was very wearing and definitely rubbed people up the wrong way. I notice his posts are way less these days to the point I wondered if he was still around.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 06:21 (Ref:3971980)   #95
benny41
Rookie

benny41 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
They only think they are and lobbying like hell to try and make it happen. It is the old tactic, tell the world and then try and lobby to make it happen

....Mr minister, we have already promised it and you will look like a dill if you don't give us the permission to go ahead.

Could just do a horse racing and power on through. Still baffles me that they are allowed to continue yet every other sport has had to stop.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 07:14 (Ref:3971984)   #96
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny41 View Post
Could just do a horse racing and power on through. Still baffles me that they are allowed to continue yet every other sport has had to stop.
The boss of league is the same guy who bulldozed his way through with horse racing and extracted heaps of money out of the govt to prop it up.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 07:28 (Ref:3971986)   #97
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Horse racing is as dodgy as Indian cricket.
Old 21 Apr 2020, 10:53 (Ref:3972018)   #98
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Horse racing is as dodgy as Indian cricket.
C'mon - you're stretching it now AB - NOTHING is as dodgy as Indian cricket!!
Old 30 Apr 2020, 03:42 (Ref:3973723)   #99
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
With the NT easing restrictions it might be possible to start the championship at Hidden Valley, provided the teams can travel interstate.
Old 30 Apr 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3973862)   #100
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I must be thick, what is this all about?
These things: