Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Feb 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3957634)   #76
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Alfa Romeo

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...-2020/4685145/

Most likely testing livery, but as in the past, I absolutely love their testing livery and wish they would run it all season long.

Richard
It certainly would be different.
Old 15 Feb 2020, 05:16 (Ref:3957678)   #77
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Alfa Romeo

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...-2020/4685145/

Most likely testing livery, but as in the past, I absolutely love their testing livery and wish they would run it all season long.

Richard
Pretty sure you are right Richard, it is only a testing livery as the initial pics came with the team teasing on Twitter "a snake goes through different skins before it reveals its final look".
(I also love it and wish they would keep it.)
Old 15 Feb 2020, 11:05 (Ref:3957699)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is the 2020 Alpha Centauri car/livery compared to last year's Scuderia Toro Rosso car.

Old 15 Feb 2020, 13:06 (Ref:3957708)   #79
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Apart from the Honda logo, you won't need a colour TV to see for Alphas! Reminds me of the overalls Max and Danny wore at Austin a couple of seasons ago
Old 15 Feb 2020, 14:32 (Ref:3957718)   #80
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If the Alphatauri was a totally new team, I would say very well done. But for me, it's at the expense of the recentToro Rosso livery, which in my opinion are some of the best ever. So I hate to lose that, but there was zero chance they would keep anything like them given the rebranding.

Overall, it's a great monochrome look. It looks good from most angles. My only criticism is that the large logo on the engine cover brings to eyes to an ugly feature of these cars which is the super long wheelbase and huge engine covers.

Richard
Old 15 Feb 2020, 18:51 (Ref:3957744)   #81
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Apart from the Honda logo, you won't need a colour TV to see for Alphas! Reminds me of the overalls Max and Danny wore at Austin a couple of seasons ago
Quote:
If the Alphatauri was a totally new team, I would say very well done. But for me, it's at the expense of the recentToro Rosso livery, which in my opinion are some of the best ever. So I hate to lose that, but there was zero chance they would keep anything like them given the rebranding.

Overall, it's a great monochrome look. It looks good from most angles. My only criticism is that the large logo on the engine cover brings to eyes to an ugly feature of these cars which is the super long wheelbase and huge engine covers.

Richard
Some of the gallery shots released show the it's not just matt Black and White, there is also hints of a deep purple/Blue that may show better in natural light rather than artificial studio lighting.
Old 17 Feb 2020, 09:56 (Ref:3957964)   #82
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Clearly the budget at Williams hasn't been spent on designing the livery:
Attached Thumbnails
EQ95FapXYAASxwF.jpg   EQ95FaqX0AA6X79.jpg  
Old 17 Feb 2020, 12:30 (Ref:3957995)   #83
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
For once not a bad article from Autosport, regarding the direction Williams have taken with their 2020 car.

https://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/148287
Old 17 Feb 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3957998)   #84
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Well the black at the front of the nose cone does hide the protuberance well and makes the front end appear more aggressive. But the rest looks like they had some stickers laying around and let a kid have fun
Old 17 Feb 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3958023)   #85
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks like last’s season’s Alfa Livery with a bit of blue added in
Old 17 Feb 2020, 16:20 (Ref:3958025)   #86
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If the Alphatauri was a totally new team, I would say very well done. But for me, it's at the expense of the recentToro Rosso livery, which in my opinion are some of the best ever. So I hate to lose that, but there was zero chance they would keep anything like them given the rebranding...
for me i think it is the best of the bunch...but as you point out, maybe i am only saying that because it is wholly new and therefore unique?

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well the black at the front of the nose cone does hide the protuberance well and makes the front end appear more aggressive. But the rest looks like they had some stickers laying around and let a kid have fun
but not enough stickers lol... nothing on the front wing, area between sidepods and front tire also blank, and the engine cover looks a little sparse.

i knew they were down on sponsorship, and hopefully they find some more, but for now it, and in more ways then one, the car very much looks like an underfunded offering.

it's on track which is great so i am assuming it is their 2020 entry and not a 2019 mocked up for filming?
Old 17 Feb 2020, 16:34 (Ref:3958026)   #87
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Some of the gallery shots released show the it's not just matt Black and White, there is also hints of a deep purple/Blue that may show better in natural light rather than artificial studio lighting.
Thanks. After digging, I found some that show that and it looks very nice. I hope that color does come through vs. looking very black and white.

Quote:
IMHO, it looks fine. Actually better than 2019. Will need to see car in motion to get a better feel for it. It does seem different from the trend of a single strong color with accents. I guess it's a base white with the ref from the sponsor and then the blue accent. It should stand out from the others? Sponsor name is very clear to see on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
For once not a bad article from Autosport, regarding the direction Williams have taken with their 2020 car.

https://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/148287
Not sure I understand the "not a bad article" part. Is that more about not being overly negative toward Williams or something else? My take on that article is that it is written in a positive light, but also is probably exactly what Williams wants the world to hear. I do think it avoids hard topics. (Quotes from the above article)

Quote:
The most important indicator that we are on the right path will be the level of correlation we have between the tool kit we use to design the car and what the track data is telling us.
Do they or do they not understand the 2019 car and why it was bad? I thought I read an older article that talked about them figuring out why the 2019 wasn't working. It may be my imagination, but I seem to remember the age old issue of poor correlation between CFD/Tunnel and on track aero performance? That quote to me is not exactly positive from the perspective of current understanding? Is that "this is where we are" or "this is where we hope to be" (with respect to correlation)

Quote:
There has been a healthy development rate in the wind tunnel, and we have found reasonable improvements in the cooling efficiency.
Good news and maybe this speaks to aero correlation?

Quote:
The team has addressed the mechanical issues that affected it in 2019, these include the brakes and the overall weight of the car.
Good news again. Was the car overweight last year?

Quote:
The decision to retain some of the core architecture of the FW42 means there has been less resource invested in developing new concepts, which in turn has rewarded the design team with greater bandwidth to optimise their work, evident in both packaging and component detail
This can be both positive and negative. It seems to me that they have thrown the bulk of the team at evolving the old car. But at the expense of future development. Other teams will do both. At what point is Williams going to focus on 2021? How much will they develop the car during 2020? I suspect if the car is not embarrassingly bad, they may switch to 2021. If the car again is bad, then they may be forced to develop this car during 2020. And did they really bring that much development in 2019? Will they show an ability to develop the car in 2020 and bring parts to races?

In the end, I would assume most 2020 cars are evolutions of 2019 cars (especially if the 2019 cars proved good for the respective teams). But as I say above, I expect teams most teams have split development between 2020 and 2021?

I hope it goes well for Williams. I expect most here think they will close the gap, but by how much? I know they are aiming for mid-field, but might to just be more competitive at the very back? Just hope to score more than a single lucky point that they did last year?

Richard
Old 17 Feb 2020, 16:37 (Ref:3958027)   #88
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Let's hope not
Old 17 Feb 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3958057)   #89
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
for me i think it is the best of the bunch...but as you point out, maybe i am only saying that because it is wholly new and therefore unique?

but not enough stickers lol... nothing on the front wing, area between sidepods and front tire also blank, and the engine cover looks a little sparse.

i knew they were down on sponsorship, and hopefully they find some more, but for now it, and in more ways then one, the car very much looks like an underfunded offering.

it's on track which is great so i am assuming it is their 2020 entry and not a 2019 mocked up for filming?
Their new sponsors are still working on their own 2020 branding so the stickers can't be printed at this time. It's very cutting edge stuff and it should be just the right look?

Hey, just trying to be optimistic here.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 02:36 (Ref:3958139)   #90
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
T
Not sure I understand the "not a bad article" part. Is that more about not being overly negative toward Williams or something else? My take on that article is that it is written in a positive light, but also is probably exactly what Williams wants the world to hear. I do think it avoids hard topics. (Quotes from the above article) Richard
I don't know if you read Autosport but sometimes articles can be rather unsubstantive, appearing to be written solely to generate readership. However, with this article this is not the case, hence my comment.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 07:33 (Ref:3958166)   #91
S griffin
Veteran

Now Racing Point have revealed their livery with big BWT backing. Same Pink livery though
Old 18 Feb 2020, 08:21 (Ref:3958171)   #92
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Now Racing Point have revealed their livery with big BWT backing. Same Pink livery though
BWT is the reason the cars are pink. I'm reading your post and it comes across to me as if you don't approve of pink?
Old 18 Feb 2020, 14:25 (Ref:3958233)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

Eh? I never said that
Old 18 Feb 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3958236)   #94
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What did you mean by 'same pink livery though'?

It comes across as being negative about the livery.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 14:46 (Ref:3958244)   #95
S griffin
Veteran

Just it’s the same. That is all. Might be the last time they use it, at least a full pink livery. I expect Aston take over the main livery next season
Old 18 Feb 2020, 14:58 (Ref:3958246)   #96
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Here is a photo of the 2020 Racing Point car, along with lakeside and mountain view. Is it me or has it got pinker?

Old 18 Feb 2020, 15:05 (Ref:3958248)   #97
S griffin
Veteran

Maybe there’s a new blend of pink or maybe it’s just the sunset
Old 18 Feb 2020, 15:18 (Ref:3958249)   #98
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Here is a photo of the 2020 Racing Point car, along with lakeside and mountain view. Is it me or has it got pinker?
i think its a darker shade as well.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 15:23 (Ref:3958250)   #99
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i think its a darker shade as well.
I'd say it's darker. Maybe they tweaked it in Photoshop? Publicity photos usually get a bit of a touch up.
Old 18 Feb 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3958254)   #100
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Their new sponsors are still working on their own 2020 branding so the stickers can't be printed at this time. It's very cutting edge stuff and it should be just the right look?
gotta have that bespoke sticker division working overtime!