Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 30 Mar 2009, 18:53 (Ref:2429205)   #26
Edwardo
Rookie

England
West Yorkshire
Edwardo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CTC 13E

Regarding Works MK2 Cortina Lotus's.

I owned CTC13E for a short time 1973 to 1974. I bought the car from Malcome New who lived near Luton and worked for Volvo. He had owned and rallied the car for some time, I assume he bought it from Boreham as I think he finished the 1968 Monte with the car. From lots of other events 11th on the Scottish Rally sticks in the mind but not sure which year. There was a suggestion that the car had originally been in the works Red and Gold colours but when I bought it it was the standard white with green flash and a matt black bonnet. When I owned the car it had 27,000 miles on the clock. It had a BRM prepared 1558 twin cam engine with some unusual features in the cylinder head and a Bullitt box, it was fitted with a rear cage only, four cibies on the front bar and a halda speed pilot on the dash, otherwise the car was remarkably standard. From what I recall Malcolm saying the car had been a demonstrator at Boreham or may be practice car and so had not been used in anger by the works.
I used the car for club rallies and even went on holiday to Cornwall with a bay seat in the back. When it was going well it was a real pleasure to drive it rode over rough ground on stage events really well. I sold it after two yeras to another enthusiast in West Yorkshire who in turn did a few rallies with it but sold it on quite quickly. Not sure where it is now but it is still on the DVLA computer. I have one or two photo's of the car whilst in my ownership if anyone is interested
Old 2 Apr 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2431398)   #27
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Re Brian Robinson driving Mk2 Cortinas
in Autosport 71 or 72 there are adverts from him and Tony Dean advertising the cars for sale
Old 20 Jul 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2504844)   #28
Jost Wildbolz
Rookie

Jost Wildbolz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be very interresting to here ore see when this 2 Cortina MK2 Lotus where advertised????
Do You have this Motorsport Magazienes?
Old 20 Jul 2009, 14:41 (Ref:2504906)   #29
driftwood
Veteran

driftwood has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
IT IS AUTOSPORT 1970 71 MAGS POSSIBLY INTO 1972
i found the advert when i was researching sports car adverts
Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2725297)   #30
Jost Wildbolz
Rookie

Jost Wildbolz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,

there is nothing going on on the works Cortina Lotus MK2, exept that i have hered a roumor that the third works car which was owned in Holland by Frami Racing was completly burnt out and does not exist any more.
This car had the regristration number UVX 565E.
So there are only two cars left and one is with me in switzerland and the second car should be with Alen Man in England.
Wounder how the car is , in what stage and has it got the FVA engine in it?
Would very much like to visit Alen Man one day.

He was seen inGoodwood 2 yeras ago but i didnt have the canche to talk with him.

Does anybody knowhim ore knows his son?

Would be great to here ..

Best regards

Jost wildbolz