Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 16 May 2010, 08:48 (Ref:2691334)   #1
numbersix
Pie On 'ere
Veteran

England
Smaug. Desolation of.
numbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famenumbersix will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well done BRSCCNW

Well done BRSCC NW Oulton 15 May.

Fantastic racing, some huge grids, lots of fun, spills and close racing throughout. Club racing - no motor racing - at its very best. Wish F1 was half as good.

Well done guys, makes marshaling a real pleasure.

Phil
Old 16 May 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2691344)   #2
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
agree exactly, what a crackin day, iam even sunburnt. great racing, how the hell the clatterhams and mx5's kept managing to get through old hall with the size of their grids on each start i will never know. cheers to all on post at old hall for a crackin day, hope my two first day trainees had a good day and will come back. hope the fford driver was all ok, one hell of a big hit in th afternoon.
also quick thanks to mr mitchell for the comments in the upgrade card. didnt think you would write somat that nice, just assumed it would be somat scribbled in crayon
thanks mark.
Old 16 May 2010, 10:23 (Ref:2691383)   #3
motorsportmarshal61
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Doug Austin Marshal Of The Year 2009
motorsportmarshal61 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree gravel monkey a great day on dears leap
great racing and a great day marshaling seeing it was my fiirst offiical IO posting and id like to say thanks to the marshals on post
Old 16 May 2010, 10:31 (Ref:2691386)   #4
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
just thought on, i belive matt sayle has some photos of what could be the biggest rescue effort of the year down at cascades, a little lost duckling trying to get to the lake!!
Old 16 May 2010, 13:37 (Ref:2691499)   #5
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Was spectating at Oulton yesterday - thought everyone did a great job....most impressed with the startline marshals for their urgency in getting the last couple of races lined up and away in superfast time.....

Have to say a few of us commented that it was time Mr Palmer lashed out on some new yellow flags.....the one at Deer Leap in particular took the award for the dirtiest bit of rag we've seen in ages

Caterhams and MX5s seemed to be taking a relatively cavalier attitude to 4 wheels off at Lodge
Old 16 May 2010, 14:54 (Ref:2691571)   #6
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
had a great day at knickerbrook, big grids, great racing, what more can you ask for.
Old 16 May 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2691869)   #7
Matthews Dad
Veteran

England
Northwich
Matthews Dad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed what a good days racing, IOing at Warwick Bridge so thanks to all on that post, Including a very senior flag marshal providing training to a trainee ( i think I learnt a bit as well)

Several very near misses with the large packs of caterhams and Mazdas coming out of Lodge 3 and 4 abreast but clean racing, at one point we all took a couple of steps back but the mazdas made it,

From the radio it seemed as if a certain Mr Brand lived up to his reputation, (How many calls were there for recoveries at Shell)
Old 16 May 2010, 20:43 (Ref:2691977)   #8
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews Dad View Post
From the radio it seemed as if a certain Mr Brand lived up to his reputation, (How many calls were there for recoveries at Shell)
Oi, nowt to do with me! If drivers will insist on chucking their cars at the scenery the least I can do is offer them a free recovery!

I strongly refute any allegation that the curtailed lunch break was in any way the responsibility of the folks at Shell. . . & may I add that I spent most of what lunch break we did get sorting out some fishermen!

A great day - big grids & some very close racing.

Thanks to an excellent, hard-working team at Shell; I saw a lot of good marshalling yesterday.

Congratulations on passing your assessment, gravel monkey. . .& please, don't lose the card!
Old 17 May 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2692420)   #9
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can only echo whats been siad cracking day on island/fulstons great team didnt have much to do but had a strole up to assist mr brands marshals at shell for something to do
Old 17 May 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2692566)   #10
MikeM
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wilmslow, UK
MikeM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Gravel, the FF driver was Barry Thompson - who sponsored us last year. He was back in the paddock later in the afternoon and I spoke to him yesterday - battered but basically okay.
Regards
Mike
Old 17 May 2010, 14:23 (Ref:2692576)   #11
Ian Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford
Ian Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barry Bounces Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Hi Gravel, the FF driver was Barry Thompson - who sponsored us last year. He was back in the paddock later in the afternoon and I spoke to him yesterday - battered but basically okay.
Regards
Mike
Brilliant, Brilliant NEWS !!
Old 17 May 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2692653)   #12
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Regards
Mike

Great news really pleased to read this
Old 17 May 2010, 16:51 (Ref:2692669)   #13
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
good news, cheers mike!
Old 18 May 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2693507)   #14
Power Bulge
Racer

England
Rochdale
Power Bulge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I saw the driver coming out of the med centre. He looked OK, considering the shunt, but not so sure about his missus - she was either massively relieved he was uninjured or was going to give him so much grief when they got home ...

This was my first crack at startline - thanks to Ness, Pam and Andy for my introduction and taking the time to explain it all.

A fine meeting I picked for the first one Gridded up the MX5s for the first time and asked if I could order a taxi to take me WD to the back of the grid!! I'm built for comfort, not speed, and it was a long old trek with 30-odd cars

Cracking bit of fun for the day and I hope I didn't embarrass myself too much, as I quite fancy having another go (if they'll have me back)