Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Aug 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3294842)   #26
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
And is the car in front a Toyota?
Well, the car upside down certainly is!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oI7LAmrces
Old 27 Aug 2013, 20:18 (Ref:3294903)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh I remember that at the time. RIP Will Hoy.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 02:59 (Ref:3295014)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
No Ayse , its a Benz in the lead , and sponsor the race from the looks of things .
Old 28 Aug 2013, 07:26 (Ref:3295059)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
No Ayse , its a Benz in the lead , and sponsor the race from the looks of things .
Probably!
Old 28 Aug 2013, 08:51 (Ref:3295084)   #30
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I believe there could be customer SRTs.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3295092)   #31
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
I believe there could be customer SRTs.
Here's hoping. Would love to see a Viper in the WEC. They can all hopefully show Corvette what they are missing.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 09:26 (Ref:3295100)   #32
avvelenamento
Racer

avvelenamento User had had their licence endorsedavvelenamento User had had their licence endorsed
I don't think there will be a customer viper GTE just because SRT will start building GT3 viper for customers, while SRT + riley will take care of GTE program for ALMS and maybe LM again. In my opinion it will be possible to see a private viper GTE only if a private team will buy one or two 2012 chassis, running them without SRT assistance. Basicly like private eurpean teams used to do with old C6R GT1.
Old 28 Aug 2013, 11:47 (Ref:3295136)   #33
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I believe there will be .
Old 28 Aug 2013, 19:30 (Ref:3295375)   #34
911targa
Veteran

Taiwan
911targa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dempsey and Avenatti part ways in no time! I believe it's also a key factor why Avenatti was finally replaced by Long this year.
http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...tti-part-ways/

I was just wondering if he'll race a 991 GT America in USCR and a Proton-prepared AM 991 RSR at LM24 again next year, #418 suggests Dempsey is testing a production 918 recently.
http://teamspeed.com/forums/gt/37685...thread-42.html
Old 28 Aug 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3295393)   #35
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Did they explain why there was no branding on their car at Le Mans?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3296384)   #36
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Looks hopeful that we'll get 8Star back in a P2 next year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...-dpp2-program/
Old 30 Aug 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3296389)   #37
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Looks hopeful that we'll get 8Star back in a P2 next year.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...-dpp2-program/
Would be great to see them back.

Suspect for the likes of Potolicchio the more settled state of Venezuelan politics probably makes life a little easier in terms of forward planning.
Old 21 Sep 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3307198)   #38
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Assuming Manthey stay in GTE in 2014, I wonder what the chances are of seeing a third Porsche entry by Porsche NA.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3307212)   #39
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
A lot could depend on whether Aston continue their fleet mentality next year.

Maybe we could see a Risi or someone else bolster the Ferrari ranks. I know it's different teams in theory - but might Porsche have a bit much on their plate collectively at LM next year? Don't know the answer to that, just putting it out there.
Old 22 Sep 2013, 03:11 (Ref:3307243)   #40
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Assuming Manthey stay in GTE in 2014, I wonder what the chances are of seeing a third Porsche entry by Porsche NA.
Probably quite small.

I've decided to go insane and light a stick of dynamite and lodge it firmly in this thread - this calls for "speculation".... what's the chance of seeing a Dyson Racing Bentley GT(E) next year?
Old 22 Sep 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3307291)   #41
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I've decided to go insane and light a stick of dynamite and lodge it firmly in this thread - this calls for "speculation".... what's the chance of seeing a Dyson Racing Bentley GT(E) next year?
None, the Bentley stays GT3 for now.
Old 28 Sep 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3310536)   #42
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20991.html

Signatech-Alpine aiming for another appearance at next year's Le Mans in addition to ELMS
Old 29 Sep 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3310606)   #43
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-20991.html

Signatech-Alpine aiming for another appearance at next year's Le Mans in addition to ELMS
Aiming? They won the ELMS title, they've already got an auto entry.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3311121)   #44
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-21021.html

SMP Racing wants to run at the 2014 Le Mans in LMP2 (I don't think they can use their GTC ELMS championship for this entry)
Old 30 Sep 2013, 16:49 (Ref:3311124)   #45
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Aiming? They won the ELMS title, they've already got an auto entry.
I assume the entry itself is not guaranteed to pay the bills.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3311166)   #46
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-21021.html

SMP Racing wants to run at the 2014 Le Mans in LMP2 (I don't think they can use their GTC ELMS championship for this entry)
I might be wrong but I think they can cash in that entry as long as it is with GTE machinery.

Would be great to see them in a competitive P2 car and then a GT-Am maybe. They've certainly got the drivers to podium in both classes.

Looks like we'll see RAM racing too with Pro and Am cars.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 21:41 (Ref:3311216)   #47
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I might be wrong but I think they can cash in that entry as long as it is with GTE machinery.

Would be great to see them in a competitive P2 car and then a GT-Am maybe. They've certainly got the drivers to podium in both classes.

Looks like we'll see RAM racing too with Pro and Am cars.
I wonder what will happen to Matt Griffin. I suppose his bests options are to A) stay at AF Corse where Jack Gerber will continue to screw things up for the #61 or B) go with RAM and a better driver lineup and drop factory connections. I'd go with the second alternative, personally.

On the SMP Racing front - I don't think we'll see a "competitive" LMP2 car, given their recent ELMS LMP2 pace this year. If we're talking about where they are going to place their money, I'd take a guess and say 2 GTE Am cars and 1 LMP2 car. Perhaps a Pro car also for a select round like Le Mans for drivers like Mika Salo, Fabio Babini, and Alessandro Pier Guidi? I wouldn't be surprised to see four SMP cars at some point next year - the money they have available is just incredible.
Old 30 Sep 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3311221)   #48
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I wonder what will happen to Matt Griffin. I suppose his bests options are to A) stay at AF Corse where Jack Gerber will continue to screw things up for the #61 or B) go with RAM and a better driver lineup and drop factory connections. I'd go with the second alternative, personally
Funny, I'd do the exact opposite.

Why would you throw away a factory connection for the sake of one season? He is driving every weekend right now and has to be one of, if not the busiest driver in the world.