Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Nov 2017, 19:45 (Ref:3783258)   #76
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC dates published at the Dinner-Dance last night:

April 7/8 Snetterton (200)
May 5/6 Silverstone International
June 2 Oulton Park (International)
June 22 - 24 Spa
July 15/15 Brands (Indy)
August 18/19 Thruxton
September 15/16 Donington GP
October 6/7 Mallory Park
October 19 - 21 Magny-Cours (Open Series)
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:12 (Ref:3783260)   #77
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you Richard. That confirms Spa Summer Classic date, then!

What more can you tell us about the visit to Circuit de Nevers in October?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:15 (Ref:3783281)   #78
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CSCC - No into the night race at Brands for 2018, a shame as it was excellent this year.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 00:04 (Ref:3783319)   #79
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thank you Richard. That confirms Spa Summer Classic date, then!

What more can you tell us about the visit to Circuit de Nevers in October?
I'm guessing the Magny-Cours race is a guest "invite" race on someone else's programme. Its for the "Open Series" which is designed for all production Saloon, Hatchback, Sevens, Sports, GT and Kit car marques of any age (excluding sports racers) - pretty much a catch-all . May well be restricted (as the Spa all-series races are) to people who have competed in at least two races with CSCC beforehand - but that's just my speculation.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 07:24 (Ref:3783378)   #80
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Interesting. I’ve raced once at Magny, and nothing about the circuit makes me want to rush back there! (No offence, Gerard ) Seeing that it’s the same weekend as the Algarve Classic, which is on a really superb (to drive) track, the dilemma of what to prioritise that weekend doesn’t arise anyway.......

Edit- Is the Brands July event one or two days?

Last edited by Mike Bell; 27 Nov 2017 at 07:52.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 08:31 (Ref:3783392)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So far, looks like April 21st is busiest day of the season for events...

Jim Clark Memorial, Hockenheim. (FJ & F2, 2 day)

Imola Motor Legend Festival. (Masters, 2 day)

Croix-en-Ternois. (500s, 2 day)

VSCC Silverstone. (2 day)

HSCC Snetterton.

CTCRC Croft.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 09:04 (Ref:3783404)   #82
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

HSCC Snetterton.

CTCRC Croft.
...and somehow I want to be at both Croix & Hockenheim. I suspect Croix will win since it is about 15 minutes from home & doesn't involve hotels!
Old 27 Nov 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3783465)   #83
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

HSCC Snetterton.

CTCRC Croft.
four out of the six for me. I aint going to worry until after Christmas. It will all change.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 12:32 (Ref:3783470)   #84
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
four out of the six for me. I aint going to worry until after Christmas. It will all change.
You’re just being greedy!

I’m targeting Imola, as although will be there at the end of October, I’ve got the chance to race at the April meeting.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 07:12 (Ref:3783701)   #85
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Just thinking who hasn’t announced yet. Probably biggest is MGCC, and some of their dates will surely clash. MRL will be at Donington HF, Silverstone Classic and Algarve, pretty sure that’s a given. Likely at Spa 6hrs also, but must be another date or two for some of their grids. GTSCC will also most likely be at Donington and Algarve, so again, two more dates to confirm.......

I know Morgan Challenge dates were announced at their do recently, but who else have I forgotten?
Old 28 Nov 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3783801)   #86
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
We've had the dates, but full info on the HSCC STCC 2018 season...

HSCC unveils Super Touring calendar

"The Historic Sports Car Club has confirmed a first class schedule for the Super Touring Car Challenge in 2018, covering 12 races at six high-profile race meetings.

The Super Touring Car Challenge is home to the 2-litre Super Touring Cars of the 1990s and pre-1990 Group A cars, while a new class was added this year for pre-2006 FIA S2000 and invited BTC cars.

The series drew a sensational 46-car field to the Silverstone Classic in July and interest in the 2018 season is already building. The Silverstone Classic will once more be the focal point of the season as the cars race in front of a huge crowd at the world’s biggest classic racing festival.

The season will open at the Donington Historic Festival in early May and take in dates at Thruxton, Brands Hatch GP and the Oulton Park Gold Cup as well as the Silverstone Classic before concluding at Knockhill in September. All the venues visited remain central to the modern day British Touring Car Championship.

The HSCC has recently taken over the race management and administration of the Super Touring Car Challenge while series founders, headed by Dave Jarman, focus on promotion of the series."

The full calendar is:
4-6 May: Donington Historic Festival
2/3 June: Thruxton
30 June/1 July: Legends of Brands Hatch Super Prix (GP circuit)
20-22 July: Silverstone Classic (GP circuit)
25-27 August: Oulton Park Gold Cup
15/16 September: Knockhill

Grahame White, CEO of the HSCC, said: “This is an excellent calendar for the Super Touring Car Challenge. We hope to see healthy grids across all the dates and there is good interest in the new class for pre-2006 cars.”
Old 29 Nov 2017, 00:11 (Ref:3783898)   #87
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Interesting. I’ve raced once at Magny, and nothing about the circuit makes me want to rush back there! (No offence, Gerard ) Seeing that it’s the same weekend as the Algarve Classic, which is on a really superb (to drive) track, the dilemma of what to prioritise that weekend doesn’t arise anyway.......

Edit- Is the Brands July event one or two days?
Sorry pardon....my typo - should have read 14/15 July....
Old 29 Nov 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3784023)   #88
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Richard, I guessed a typo....

Morgan Challenge 2018 dates-

a. Snetterton (300) 31st March or 7th April (Possibly 31st MGCC, 7th April CSCC?)

b. Silverstone (National) 21st April (VSCC SPRING START meeting)

c. Oulton Park 19th May (VSCC)

d. Spa 22nd June (Summer Classic meeting)

e. Donington 15th July (Morgan SCC own meeting)

f. Bentley Drivers Club (Silverstone National) 4th August

g. Mallory 11th August (VSCC)

h. Snetterton (200) 29th September (I'm guessing an MGCC weekend)

Last edited by Mike Bell; 29 Nov 2017 at 13:17.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3784063)   #89
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Does anyone know how many race meetings Mallory plan for 2018.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3784118)   #90
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone know how many race meetings Mallory plan for 2018.
On the basis of what I've seen:

VSCC on the 11th Aug
BRSCC (also featuring HRDC) on the 2nd Sept
CSCC on the 6th/7th Oct

I've heard that 750MC may have a meeting there as well - which may be the 10th June meeting that 500cc Formula 3 are due to be at (this is speculation on my part, on the basis that the F3s have previously guested at 750MC meetings).

Ben
Old 29 Nov 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3784166)   #91
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The club listed on the 500 cc Formula 3 website for the June 10th meeting at Mallory Park is UKM who I can't say I've heard of .
Old 29 Nov 2017, 22:27 (Ref:3784171)   #92
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
It's good to have some car racing back at Mallory. You know it's not the greatest circuit but there are so many drivers that just love to race there . I'm one of them . Thanks for posting info .
Old 30 Nov 2017, 00:45 (Ref:3784202)   #93
FWX
Racer

FWX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
On the basis of what I've seen:

VSCC on the 11th Aug
BRSCC (also featuring HRDC) on the 2nd Sept
CSCC on the 6th/7th Oct

I've heard that 750MC may have a meeting there as well - which may be the 10th June meeting that 500cc Formula 3 are due to be at (this is speculation on my part, on the basis that the F3s have previously guested at 750MC meetings).

Ben
CTCRC are at Mallory on May 28th too.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3784250)   #94
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
When we've got the rest of the important dates I'll list them by circuit just for interest's sake. Obviously only meetings with Historic content.....

BTW initial list shows nothing at Anglesey so far?

Last edited by Mike Bell; 30 Nov 2017 at 09:25. Reason: addition
Old 30 Nov 2017, 08:17 (Ref:3784251)   #95
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
The club listed on the 500 cc Formula 3 website for the June 10th meeting at Mallory Park is UKM who I can't say I've heard of .
Nor me- wondered if a motorcycle club but nothing comes up with a search....
Old 30 Nov 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3784265)   #96
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
When we've got the rest of the important dates I'll list them by circuit just for interest's sake. Obviously only meetings with Historic content.....

BTW initial list shows nothing at Anglesey so far?
Thanks for all this Mike. Jolly good chap.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 10:26 (Ref:3784275)   #97
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's good to have some car racing back at Mallory. You know it's not the greatest circuit but there are so many drivers that just love to race there . I'm one of them . Thanks for posting info .
It's a testing circuit and great for, err .... testing. Being a short lap it's good for an out lap, 4 or 5 full speed laps to test a tweak then a slow down lap that takes less than 10 minutes and can be replicated several times in a session - particularly good for experimenting with tyre pressures and shocker settings. Devil's Elbow can be a bit leary in the wet.

Also well situated in mid-country and not far from M1 and M69. Also great for spectating from the banking opposite the pits.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3784297)   #98
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I used to hear a lot from certain tenthers about the cafe breakfast as well , although I iunderstand there have been changes since the reopening...

I’ve managed to dig up one MGCC Provisional date for 2018-

MG Live! is scheduled (again, provisionally) for June 2nd / 3rd, at Silverstone as usual.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3784383)   #99
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I’ve managed to dig up one MGCC Provisional date for 2018-

MG Live! is scheduled (again, provisionally) for June 2nd / 3rd, at Silverstone as usual.

Another MGCC date is 28th/29th April at Brands (Indy circuit).
Old 30 Nov 2017, 23:35 (Ref:3784410)   #100
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
750 MC have emailed today to indicate that their dates will be released next week......

Which may or may not be of any use