Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jul 2002, 23:26 (Ref:346750)   #1
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was Dirk Muller conned?

Does anyone else think that BMW conned Dirk Muller. They told him that there was a chance of the V12 LMR returning in 2001 so he signed mainly for that reason. Then they terminate the project so he has to stay in the GT category and now hes languising in the ETCC. Anyone else think he's been hard done by?
Old 30 Jul 2002, 23:39 (Ref:346758)   #2
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Being payed to drive by a manufacturer such as BMW isn't being hard done to in my opinion.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 05:50 (Ref:346889)   #3
MaxSport
Racer

MaxSport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No.

Besides, he will soon be happy to be in the ETCC instead of the ALMS. Being a BMW factory driver in a series that is growing rather than self destructing is a much better place to be in.

The ALMS makes CART look like a well run organisation.
KM
Old 31 Jul 2002, 20:15 (Ref:347364)   #4
Tim Harvey Fan
Racer

Tim Harvey Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are you talknig about MaxSport? ALMS isn't self destructing! Why would you say that? What basis do you have to make a statement like that?
Old 31 Jul 2002, 20:45 (Ref:347379)   #5
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxSport
The ALMS makes CART look like a well run organisation.
KM
Hello, Max,

I would appreciate if you could explain your point of view, providing some background for your opinion.

I have attended ALMS races from grandstands and inside the paddock since 1999, and in several circuits in the United States. I can tell you that there are few series in the world that are so well run. And I cannot think of a more fan-friendly race promotion organization.

About a month ago I was in Elkhart Lake for the ALMS race. On the Sunday press and photo briefings I witnessed several press members - some of them folks that have been around the block for quite a while - congratulating the organizers for the way the event was running. I have to say I shared their opinion.

If your point is about the technical or the commercial strategy of ALMS, coudl you please be more specific? Or, on an alternative approach, what would you do differently than the ALMS is doing?

Regards,
Old 31 Jul 2002, 21:21 (Ref:347398)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll pop a copy of this topic into Sportscars as well. The ALMS issue might get a few more comments there.
Old 31 Jul 2002, 22:51 (Ref:347461)   #7
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Harvey Fan
What are you talknig about MaxSport? ALMS isn't self destructing! Why would you say that? What basis do you have to make a statement like that?
NNNOOO, don't get him started again!!!
(FYI, he is the one who believes the ETCC is the future of European motor racing - any further questions?? )
Just kidding, MaxSport.
Old 1 Aug 2002, 04:56 (Ref:347589)   #8
MaxSport
Racer

Cyber-the ETCC is going to be much better than the ALMS is, but the FIA GT series is in fact the future of European motorsports.

GT Supercars will easily become bigger than the ALMS, even here in America. If there is an ALMS at all in two years I predict it will only be the big events like Sebring,Mosport and PLM.

Anyone who doubts it has only to look at the lack of potential entrants for 2003.

KM
Old 1 Aug 2002, 07:04 (Ref:347621)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Cyber-the ETCC is going to be much better than the ALMS is, but the FIA GT series is in fact the future of European motorsports.

GT Supercars will easily become bigger than the ALMS, even here in America. If there is an ALMS at all in two years I predict it will only be the big events like Sebring,Mosport and PLM.

Anyone who doubts it has only to look at the lack of potential entrants for 2003.

KM
Come on then guys, what's your response to MaxSport?

(On the basis of the questions posed after your initial comment MaxSport, I still suspect you're woefully short of evidence for your proposition...... IMO ).
Old 1 Aug 2002, 07:42 (Ref:347655)   #10
MaxSport
Racer

Woefully short? Right.

I work in the business, but you don't have to have inside info to make this prediction. Just look at the current entry lists and then think about how it will be next year when some of those cars leave. It is a joke.

Just last night I was talking to a team owner who is racing in Grand Am next year in the new DSPs rather than doing the ALMS. This is someone from the UK who you would know.

Of course you live in the UK and have a much clearer idea of what is happening here in America. The ALMS cost too much and you can't find sponsorship that comes close to covering it.

Back to the topic which was started on the Touring Car board and moved over here- if I were a pro driver I would rather be in the ETCC where there are rides to be had. Many manufacturers are coming to the ETCC. Tell me who is coming to the ALMS?

KM
Old 1 Aug 2002, 19:18 (Ref:348084)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dirk Muller is doing good in the ETCC.
Old 5 Aug 2002, 18:26 (Ref:350622)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Woefully short? Right.

KM
Yep, at the time of your first post on this thread , the proposition was woefully short of evidence. I'll let others be the judge of whether that remains the case. And no, I certainly don't know much about what is happening in the States. But you're opinion on it is welcomed by me (as is anyone else's).
Old 7 Aug 2002, 16:20 (Ref:352379)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the "ALMS is Dead Because Bill France and Brock Yates Said So" topic has been done to death.

And if Dirk Muller was conned, perhaps he'll be a little more attentive next time and he won't be. Or he'll get a new agent.
Old 7 Aug 2002, 17:50 (Ref:352422)   #14
MaxSport
Racer

Right

Yeah, and the CART is dead because TG and Yates say so stories are not true either.

Last edited by MaxSport; 7 Aug 2002 at 17:53.