Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 27 Oct 2007, 13:09 (Ref:2052635)   #1
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help requested for ERC 1973–1977 statistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
Apropos: People that are interested in RX statistics should take a look into the new "History" section of Rallycross Online. A similar section for ERC24 is already under construction.

http://www.rallycross.de/index.html
Frank Van Rooy has now started to put in my results lists from the ERCs of the 1970s. But as I started to attend every ERC round from the beginning of 1978 (for a full 20 years) only there is unfortunately a lack of single ERC round results from 1973 till 1977 (but the total points are correct anyway). If anyone of you has old newspapers, mags, progs etc. that include the information we still miss any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated!

>>> http://www.rallycross.de/index.html <<<
Click on the 'History' button on the left and look for the 'Standings' of the 1970s.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 19:32 (Ref:2052817)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
That's certainly going to be a big project getting all those results! (and most are from years before I was born so I can't be much help ). It'll certainly be a great reference site when it's complete though.
Old 28 Oct 2007, 10:07 (Ref:2053115)   #3
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
The history section grows, by now 1973, 74, 75, 76 and 77 is done. Realised somewhat late, that only 1973 and 74 are still missing lots of single results and for 1976 and 77 some minor things are still unclear. Who can help?
Old 28 Oct 2007, 12:52 (Ref:2053226)   #4
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be worth contacting Tony Nisbett he has loads of files programs etc from that period.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 09:58 (Ref:2053876)   #5
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Arthur
Would be worth contacting Tony Nisbett he has loads of files programs etc from that period.
Thanx Tony! Wonder if TN has such very old stuff as this was the time when Tony Tomassi, Geoff Webb and Co ruled TEAC.

BTW: 1978–1981 is also fixed now.

Last edited by rx-guru; 29 Oct 2007 at 10:01.
Old 29 Oct 2007, 10:56 (Ref:2053921)   #6
King Arthur
Racer

Scotland
North of Brighton
King Arthur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Eddy

Only other thoughts are Pauline at Lydden but I fear they may have lost a lot of their records during various fires etc or Arthur Debenham. Not only does Arthur have alot of information himself but he has been sent, left lots of things over the years. I did not really get involved until 1983 but they may be able to help. There was a lot of people at the 40th anniversary meeting earlier this year and I think John Horton the BRDA chairman can give you the name and contact details of the person who organised it I think it was Roy edwards.

Finally it is generally recognised taht John Welch probably has the biggest archive of Rallycroos memorabilia.

If you pm me I can give you his contact details

TW
Old 12 Nov 2007, 13:07 (Ref:2065567)   #7
Fanderallycross
Rookie

Fanderallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru
The history section grows, by now 1973, 74, 75, 76 and 77 is done. Realised somewhat late, that only 1973 and 74 are still missing lots of single results and for 1976 and 77 some minor things are still unclear. Who can help?
Hello,
For 1976, I have an article from JP.Renvoizé (Echappement ? Auto-Hebdo ?) with the 3 first pilot of every meeting. It seems to have ex-aequo. For example, in belgium, you have G.Smet and F.Wurz at the third place (?). Did they have the same result ?
Laurent - www.fanderallycross.com
Old 12 Nov 2007, 13:51 (Ref:2065600)   #8
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanderallycross
Hello,
For 1976, I have an article from JP.Renvoizé (Echappement ? Auto-Hebdo ?) with the 3 first pilot of every meeting. It seems to have ex-aequo. For example, in belgium, you have G.Smet and F.Wurz at the third place (?). Did they have the same result ?
Hoi Laurent, I remember Jean-Paul Renvoizé, the by then "right hand" of Michel Hommell (MH’s "left hand" in those days was big fat Daniel Gérard), quite well. He used to work for both, AUTOhebo as well as Echappement. BTW: This trio imported RX to France. However, are you sure you talk about a 1976 Belgian result? I wonder if Georges Smet took really part in the 1976 ERC round at Maasmechelen, but Franz Wurz was definitely not in the Belgian finals. Franz used here for the first time a 24V engine in his Lancia Stratos HF. In one heat he broke the front suspension of the Stratos and in one heat Cees Teurlings smashed a lot of mud on the Stratos’ windscreen. Blinded by the mud Franz went up the banking and, thereby, missed the finals to go home without points.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 14:44 (Ref:2065636)   #9
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Hoi Laurent again, I’ve checked your own website as well as my files. The result you’ve mentioned is Belgium 1975, not 1976. In 1975, the last year without the FIA and without finals, the fastest 15 of each heat got points (15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10 etc). So if a driver set the fastest time in each of the three heats he scored a total of 45 points. But, contrary to 1974, for the final results EC points (20, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1) had been given to the 10 best drivers of the event only. As Georges Smet and Franz Wurz had both 12 points and nobody 10 points, they must have finished the three heats with the same amount of points and, thereby, eventually finished ex-aequo on third place.
Old 12 Nov 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2065686)   #10
Fanderallycross
Rookie

Fanderallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello,
Sorry, I've made a mistake... This article of JP.Renvoizé was from Marsh 76 (I think it was on Autohedbo), before the beginning of the season. So it was the result of 1975 of course.
I didn't have anything more.
I have an article on Melk 73, but you already have the complete result of this race.