Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Aug 2007, 11:16 (Ref:1982401)   #26
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We now have 64 entries !
Inc George Tracey and GT Jnr
Old 8 Aug 2007, 08:44 (Ref:1983806)   #27
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
[QUOTE=Spectator]Hi Chris,
Went onto the ExCel web site but there was no mention of when or where we could buy tickets

There's extra button on site now
Old 8 Aug 2007, 08:56 (Ref:1983810)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I don't suppose anyone knows if MSA licence holders will get a free ticket to the show this year? (got one last year)
Old 16 Aug 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1990456)   #29
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
As from 5.45 pm this afternoon we have 74 Entries comfirmed

On the ticket front !! Sorry have to pay this year !! But its a very good price as its no more than a normal event !!
Old 18 Aug 2007, 16:34 (Ref:1991429)   #30
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
how many places on the grid for minicross?
Wildcard ex winter champs welcome?
Old 18 Aug 2007, 22:51 (Ref:1991590)   #31
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
The Fiddler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have just looked at entry list. nice to seen one of the coynes entered. should be good. colm mullins good driver as well but does anyone know who willie peacham is and spec on his car or who has built it?
Old 23 Aug 2007, 20:25 (Ref:1995385)   #32
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Hi every one

Progress report !!!!

Loose section well under construction Just the (BRITISH) weather not helping!!!
Hopefully i can post some photos soon or will be on our website
Last corner is going to be awesome !!!!
Old 25 Aug 2007, 22:14 (Ref:1996490)   #33
RX demon
Rookie

RX demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Chris
So glad to see you and the PSM outfit are doing for Rallycross in the uk with these new events its got to be the biggest thing to happen ever to Rallycross Its amasing the others in Rallycross in this country havent done years ago .
Isnt it funny how you guys are doing so much and not a wisper from the other major orgs in the uk .
I see you are looking at the EURO CHAMPS too
If you get that the brits wont be far behind i think .......

Yours a Rallycross Freek xx

Last edited by RX demon; 25 Aug 2007 at 22:17.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 09:49 (Ref:1996681)   #34
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX demon
Hi Chris
So glad to see you and the PSM outfit are doing for Rallycross in the uk with these new events its got to be the biggest thing to happen ever to Rallycross Its amasing the others in Rallycross in this country havent done years ago .
Isnt it funny how you guys are doing so much and not a wisper from the other major orgs in the uk .
I see you are looking at the EURO CHAMPS too

If you get that the brits wont be far behind i think .......

Yours a Rallycross Freek xx
Not quite true as MSA has granted the open series championship status, and if the euro champs are to include Croft as a venue, MSA will have to approve PSM to run it.
But I'm not re-opening the slagging about pro's and cons of different orgs in th UK. Let's just see how things evolve and hope the best for RX regardless of who organises what.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 10:02 (Ref:1996685)   #35
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhergAthor
But I'm not re-opening the slagging about pro's and cons of different orgs in th UK. Let's just see how things evolve and hope the best for RX regardless of who organises what.
Well said.

This thread is about the event at the London Motorsport show so let's keep it on topic please

I'm looking forward to seeing the circuit for this one - it's certainly going to have a very different feel to every other rallycross circuit!
Old 26 Aug 2007, 20:03 (Ref:1996993)   #36
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Oh No!!!!!
Im not going to get involved in this one sorry!!!!!
Re circuit I will have the loose section race ready next week :-)
Just to give you some insight to what the tracks like its 14 metres wide at the narrowest point!! has a awesome last corner which is part of the loose section is off camber and slightly up hill!!! With flowing corners the overall speed is going to surprise many people !
Pete has photos and a video we did on friday !! Which i was camera man!!
Not too good at holding a camera whilst holding on for dear life!!!!!!!
I will post info where to see this when it gets down loaded.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 07:23 (Ref:1998156)   #37
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is the track one of these poxy super special's with a bridge and water splash all squashed into a football pitch or is it a proper track. If its in a car park with cones every-where then forget it.
Old 28 Aug 2007, 08:16 (Ref:1998185)   #38
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie
Is the track one of these poxy super special's with a bridge and water splash all squashed into a football pitch or is it a proper track. If its in a car park with cones every-where then forget it.

Hi :-)
No can asure you and everbody else its no poxy super special!!!!!
No bridge or a water slash !! But will have a yump
The area we have is big enough for a 650 + metre circuit .
Wont be a cone insight :-)
Old 30 Aug 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2000153)   #39
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Have you got any photos of the circuit you can put online Chris? I've seen the one in MN and it's a bit small to really work out exactly what's going on
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:21 (Ref:2000337)   #40
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie
Instead of comming in like bull in a china shop with the style of post that you have made, why not ask what the circuit will be like and then if you don't like it offer something constructive or do you just like annoying people.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 20:54 (Ref:2000379)   #41
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Willie Peacham to my knowlage has only run in rallycar class once lastyear.
He is ment to be building a civic to D2 standard but dont think he has started yet. Will be tight to get ready on time I think and brave ? to bring a new untested car out in that field of quick drivers.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 21:04 (Ref:2000394)   #42
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
The Fiddler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for that. so if he only raced once last year does this make him a wildcard? or can we expect to see him at all if car not started yet. will be interesting to see a honda. how come your not on entry list as heard youre building a 2.2 honda civic?
Old 30 Aug 2007, 21:42 (Ref:2000427)   #43
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to remove the 1.4 it is a good little engine bullet proof. Had alot of fun out it rallycross, sprints, hillclimbs, races. Need more power that is why 2.2 looks good just waiting for engine and box to come have to finish nova built as well for friend. They take time to build. these cars might take civic out for a few rounds as 1.4 one last gasp with her before end of season if 2.2 isnt in. Need someone to look after juinors for me to race though.
Old 30 Aug 2007, 21:55 (Ref:2000437)   #44
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Have you got any photos of the circuit you can put online Chris? I've seen the one in MN and it's a bit small to really work out exactly what's going on
There are some pics in the latest press release. I presume it's OK to post them here.
Click image for larger version

Name:	LastCorner.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	18306

Name:	MainStraight.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	18307

Name:	MainStraight2.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	18308

Those street lamps could be an interesting obstacle. Do we use them as a chicane

Seriously though it does sound like it's going to be fun, 14.5 meters wide and a yump
Old 30 Oct 2007, 13:14 (Ref:2054896)   #45
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was wondering if this event would have a big digital screen or a dot-matrix leaderboard?

It would be good for people who are not familiar with rallycross to be able to easily see who is leading the timed heats, otherwise it can be confusing udnerstanding who gets through to the finals.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2054991)   #46
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=zac510]I was wondering if this event would have a big digital screen or a dot-matrix leaderboard?

Any idea how much these cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:23 (Ref:2054994)   #47
spud117
Rookie

spud117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
I was wondering if this event would have a big digital screen or a dot-matrix leaderboard?

It would be good for people who are not familiar with rallycross to be able to easily see who is leading the timed heats, otherwise it can be confusing udnerstanding who gets through to the finals.
Negotiations are on going at the moment for various Spectator friendly treats as it were.

It is hoped to have a LARGE screen that will transmit the racing live to the public in the stands. As Chris Cake says the last corner is amazing and it is hoped to have "live" in car footage as it happens relayed to the screen.

The Organisers and PSM deserve a "Well Done" for the effort on this unique event so far.

For those who are interested in using the screen to ADVERTISE on both days please PM me for further details.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:27 (Ref:2054999)   #48
zac510
Veteran

I'll settle for a dot-matrix results screen! Hell, even just an up-counting time display above the start finish line would be a huge improvement just at normal events.

I only thought it would be an addition that would make rallycross look more professional to the first-time spectators that this event promises many of.
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:28 (Ref:2055001)   #49
zac510
Veteran

Spud, great news.
I'm hoping to drag along a couple of mates so I hope rx puts on a good show for them!
Old 30 Oct 2007, 15:39 (Ref:2055015)   #50
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A brief mention by Rod Birley at Brands last Sunday has got me looking into this event. And it all looks rather more impressive than I thought it would. Trouble is, there seems to be VERY little spectator information on the dedicated London Masters website. I assume this whole venture would be considered a bit of a flop if it doesn`t attract a decent crowd, so where`s the info???

Yes, there`s an entry list (and yes it`s impressive), but no timetable?? not even an outline one giving a rough description of what to expect each day, and between what times??

Also, very importantly, what kind of spectator vantage points are proposed? Will spectators be situated around the outside of the circuit down at ground level?? What`s the relief like in this ex-car-park? Are there banks or anything where people can get some height to see whats going on? Or, as is hinted at above, are public ONLY able to watch from a grandstand? If so, where is it situated, and how big is it?? I`m sure all these questions are answerable - the event is only just over a month away after all. But why is the information not already on the website?? Seems such a shame to have a nice glossy website linked virtually directly off of the Excel one, but not giving out even the basic info, just a month before the event.