Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win Bathurst in 2019
#2 Pye/Luff WAU Mobil1 Holden 1 1.89%
#3 Jacobson/Fiore KR Rabble Nissan 0 0%
#5 Holdsworth/Randle Tickford Bottle O Ford 0 0%
#6 Waters/Caruso Tickford Monster Energy Ford 0 0%
#7 Heimgartner/Fullwood KR Plus Fitness Nissan 1 1.89%
#8 Percat/Blanchard BJR BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus Penrite Holden 5 9.43%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP Shell Ford 0 0%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR Freightliner Holden 0 0%
#15 Kelly/Wood KR Castrol Nissan 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP Shell Ford 12 22.64%
#18 Winterbottom/Richards Team18 Irwin Holden 0 0%
#19 LeBrocq/Webb Tekno Truck Assist Holden 0 0%
#21 Jones/Canto BJR CoolDrive Holden 1 1.89%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WAU Mobil1 Holden 0 0%
#23 Davison/Davison 23Red Milwaulkee Ford 1 1.89%
#27 Hinchcliffe/Rossi WAU Napa Auto Parts Holden 0 0%
#33 Stanaway/Pither GRM Boost Mobile Holden 1 1.89%
#34 Golding/Muscat GRM Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#35 Hazelwood/Smith MSR SP Tools Holden 1 1.89%
#55 Mostert/Moffat Tickford SuperCheap Auto Ford 2 3.77%
#56 Kostecki/Kostecki KBR Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#78 de Silvestro/Rullo KR Harvey Norman Nissan 1 1.89%
#97 Van Gisbergen/Tander RBHRT Red Bull Holden 14 26.42%
#99 de Pasquale/Brown Erebus Penrite Holden 1 1.89%
#111 Evans/Van Der Drift TKR TKR Holden (SCRATCHED) 2 3.77%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes RBHRT Red Bull Holden 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Oct 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3936220)   #801
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
So you might say from a homologation perspective we have caught up now, but we suffer from having non professional judiciary. But so do the footy codes.
You're dead right.

It does irk me to see so many in-season changes, but the technical department had quite a mess to clean up and it was right to fix it, even if the timing stirred up the hornets nest.

Your comparison to the footy codes is apt too. I hate to get out the al-foil again but there's definitely a pattern of controversial officiating throughout top level Aussie sport. Maybe it's as simple as inadequate funding?
Old 22 Oct 2019, 19:23 (Ref:3936298)   #802
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolad View Post
*sigh* I fear we are both embarrassing ourselves here, but I've got to ask...what does the below have to do with JW in 2015 or Debriss in 2019???
You: "But here is the fundamental difference that makes them not comparable...JW 2015 was under green flag conditions so cars were allowed to pass. Fabian was under full course yellow so no cars could pass."

Not while behind the safety car they cant. They still cant once the safety car pulls away for the restart. Even iunder green on the restart no passing BEFORE the control line. And this is where Jamie slowed and allowed Craig to get away at the restart. No-one could pass until they reached the control line.

Last edited by gtcapri; 22 Oct 2019 at 19:33.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3936301)   #803
Jamolad
Rookie

Jamolad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
You: "But here is the fundamental difference that makes them not comparable...JW 2015 was under green flag conditions so cars were allowed to pass. Fabian was under full course yellow so no cars could pass."

Not while behind the safety car they cant. They still cant once the safety car pulls away for the restart. Even iunder green on the restart no passing BEFORE the control line. And this is where Jamie slowed and allowed Craig to get away at the restart. No-one could pass until they reached the control line.
Seriously dude, that is totally incorrect. What you said re no passing til the control line is correct, but the 'incident' you are talking about started about 1/3 of a lap into the restart (not before the control line, it was well and truly after the restart). Go and watch it again (or maybe watch it for the first time).

The race had re-started, they were already climbing the mountain, and cars were allowed to pass. Jamie got a call to serve his penalty for passing the safety car and was told to save fuel across the top, not to pressure CL because they were playing the team game now.

It was after the restart, cars 100% could pass JW, and JW was not a lap down. Not saying you are lying, just mistaken yet again.

Last edited by Jamolad; 22 Oct 2019 at 20:56.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3936307)   #804
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
And racing flat out back to the pit lane is not safe.
It is safe...the track is "hot", the pack may be under the control of a SC or Lead car...but, apart from any sector that might be covering an incident...it is safe!

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 22 Oct 2019 at 22:12.
Old 22 Oct 2019, 22:11 (Ref:3936310)   #805
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nuffin sadder to see than a racetrack post-race
Attached Thumbnails
P1020039.JPG  
Old 22 Oct 2019, 23:36 (Ref:3936323)   #806
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
*sigh* I fear we are both embarrassing ourselves here
Yep, it happened pages ago. Maybe you should both make your safe word "flower, and be done with it. Peace out
Old 23 Oct 2019, 00:06 (Ref:3936325)   #807
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Seriously dude, that is totally incorrect. What you said re no passing til the control line is correct, but the 'incident' you are talking about started about 1/3 of a lap into the restart (not before the control line, it was well and truly after the restart). Go and watch it again (or maybe watch it for the first time).

The race had re-started, they were already climbing the mountain, and cars were allowed to pass. Jamie got a call to serve his penalty for passing the safety car and was told to save fuel across the top, not to pressure CL because they were playing the team game now.

It was after the restart, cars 100% could pass JW, and JW was not a lap down. Not saying you are lying, just mistaken yet again.
It happened coming out of the chase before the restart. Give it up.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3936326)   #808
Jamolad
Rookie

I'll take Just Do It!'s advice and leave that blatant mis-truth alone.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 00:47 (Ref:3936330)   #809
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something different to consider - it would seem any car running a Bathurst retro livery has not been able to win the race.

Might having different colours/designs/additional hype slightly throw a team off their game, due to less familiarity or some other variable?
Old 23 Oct 2019, 00:52 (Ref:3936332)   #810
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Might having different colours/designs/additional hype slightly throw a team off their game, due to less familiarity or some other variable?
Wasn't Reynold's awesome 52 tribute livery one of the closest competitive finishes ever?

I think really this is just statistics, one doesn't cause the other.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 01:38 (Ref:3936333)   #811
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
Nuffin sadder to see than a racetrack post-race
Sadder still to see Bathurst dry as a chip....
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 23 Oct 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3936378)   #812
blizard
Rookie

blizard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You tried, but some people are beyond help
Old 23 Oct 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3936444)   #813
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
It happened whether you believe or not is YOUR problem. Call me what you like, accuse me of what you want.
Old 23 Oct 2019, 22:28 (Ref:3936478)   #814
Jamolad
Rookie

This alternate version of Bathurst 2015 you are creating...does it end up being won by Paul Romano driving a Kia Carnival while wearing a cheesecake as a helmet?
Old 23 Oct 2019, 22:42 (Ref:3936479)   #815
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting comments from the hosts of Below the Bonnet, just about the sheer speed of the cars post-Mustang and the massive difference compared to last year.

The reason we didn't see any passing was because with the heavier aero now you can't get near the car in front, especially up top and this may have contributed to Chaz's error.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 01:06 (Ref:3936487)   #816
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
This alternate version of Bathurst 2015 you are creating...does it end up being won by Paul Romano driving a Kia Carnival while wearing a cheesecake as a helmet?
Yeah, thats the one.

Suppose this didnt happen either? Seems to be a habit for 888, sorry team cheesecake....

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 24 Oct 2019, 01:38 (Ref:3936492)   #817
Jamolad
Rookie

Screen image of JW holding field back in chase prior to restart not loading.

What you posted above did happen. Well done. Think that was 2008 wasn't it, or was it 2010? Doesn't change that fact that everything you described JW doing in 2015 did not happen.

He was not a lap down, he was on the lead lap. He was not shown blue flags as he was not a lapped car. Natsoft shows more than just who won. These are things you have eventually admitted to being mistaken about.

I was simply just correcting your latest mis-truth about JW holding the field up in the Chase before the restart on lap 143 as this simply did not occur. What really happened is he cost the field a couple of seconds over the top of the mountain on lap 143 under green flag conditions (after the restart) when cars were allowed to pass. Watch a replay.

And you know what? In my eyes what JW did (what he really did) in 2015 was not right, but it was not as bad as you have described and not even close to being the same as what Fabian and his team did.

In addition to that incident you have posted there I could list far more things 888 have done that are not sporting and were done for their benefit and/or to disadvantage one or more competitors (same with the old HRT too). I'm not saying they are the clean skins of the sport - there is enough dubious things they have done that you don't need to make stuff up to make them look bad, they've given more than enough 'real' examples of crossing the line - all I am saying is don't make **** up.

Imagine if things went like this...

You: JW was a lap down

Me: JW was not a lap down - you can see this for yourself on Natsoft.

You (thinking to self): Hmm, that is different to what I remember, and I didn't think Natsoft shows anything more than race results, but I'll have a quick look to see. [checks Natsoft]

You: Oh yeah, I see now that he was on the lead lap. Still doesn't make it right.

Me: I agree, it wasn't right.

The End. Bandwidth saved, you and I both don't look like a couple of princesses that need to pull our skirts down from over our heads and dry our eyes.

Last edited by Jamolad; 24 Oct 2019 at 01:59.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 03:46 (Ref:3936497)   #818
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcapri View Post
Yeah, thats the one.

Suppose this didnt happen either? Seems to be a habit for 888, sorry team cheesecake....

[IMG][/IMG]
The reason why 888 were able to get away with it at the time is because the "people making decisions that are just cruising back, just having a few glasses of red each night, and rocking up to the track and the brain's not with it.
They're not operating at the same level as the teams are operating at."
Old 24 Oct 2019, 06:53 (Ref:3936508)   #819
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Screen image of JW holding field back in chase prior to restart not loading.

What you posted above did happen. Well done. Think that was 2008 wasn't it, or was it 2010? Doesn't change that fact that everything you described JW doing in 2015 did not happen.

He was not a lap down, he was on the lead lap. He was not shown blue flags as he was not a lapped car. Natsoft shows more than just who won. These are things you have eventually admitted to being mistaken about.

I was simply just correcting your latest mis-truth about JW holding the field up in the Chase before the restart on lap 143 as this simply did not occur. What really happened is he cost the field a couple of seconds over the top of the mountain on lap 143 under green flag conditions (after the restart) when cars were allowed to pass. Watch a replay.

And you know what? In my eyes what JW did (what he really did) in 2015 was not right, but it was not as bad as you have described and not even close to being the same as what Fabian and his team did.

In addition to that incident you have posted there I could list far more things 888 have done that are not sporting and were done for their benefit and/or to disadvantage one or more competitors (same with the old HRT too). I'm not saying they are the clean skins of the sport - there is enough dubious things they have done that you don't need to make stuff up to make them look bad, they've given more than enough 'real' examples of crossing the line - all I am saying is don't make **** up.

Imagine if things went like this...

You: JW was a lap down

Me: JW was not a lap down - you can see this for yourself on Natsoft.

You (thinking to self): Hmm, that is different to what I remember, and I didn't think Natsoft shows anything more than race results, but I'll have a quick look to see. [checks Natsoft]

You: Oh yeah, I see now that he was on the lead lap. Still doesn't make it right.

Me: I agree, it wasn't right.

The End. Bandwidth saved, you and I both don't look like a couple of princesses that need to pull our skirts down from over our heads and dry our eyes.
I'd knew you'd turn it into condescending recap of the last week. Tool.

To the rest of you, please forgive me, but I do screw up a lot and it gets worse day by day. I didnt want to mention this as it will be seen as an excuse. I've held back but the last week has proven how bad things are getting and I havent wanted to accept it. I have vascular dementia and two benign tumours on the frontal lobe of the brain. So since Jamolad will need evidence give me your PM samrtass or anyone else who thinks I'm telling mistruths. Jamolad, wWhat do you want first? Doctors reports or the ****ing x-rays??? A letter from my neurologist in Newcastle? I'll give his phone number or do you prefer written email direct from him???
All I'll say is its exceptionally hard to to remember crap or remember the way things happen. I'm guessing you'll be calling a liar or being untruthful but go for it. Last Saturday I stopped my self saying 'hello' to own daughter because I wasn't positive it was here. She was 5 metres away.

So to the rest of you, I sincerely apologise for being an imbuggerance. I have asked a member for help to direct me to get banned so I cannot contribute any longer, but it appears it has fallen on deaf ears.

I have enjoyed contributing here but I think its time I was banned.

Cheers,
Darren
Old 24 Oct 2019, 07:36 (Ref:3936517)   #820
Jamolad
Rookie

Darren, I can't apologise enough for taking you to task, and knowing what I now know I feel worse than a tool. I'll take that. I make no excuses for the way I have behaved and hope you understand I would not have acted this way if I were aware of the circumstances; however I should have considered the possibility that you were facing such issues.

I wish you nothing more and nothing less than the best outcome possible for the challenges you are facing.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 24 Oct 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3936522)   #821
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Quote:
Darren, I can't apologise enough for taking you to task, and knowing what I now know I feel worse than a tool. I'll take that. I make no excuses for the way I have behaved and hope you understand I would not have acted this way if I were aware of the circumstances; however I should have considered the possibility that you were facing such issues.

I wish you nothing more and nothing less than the best outcome possible for the challenges you are facing.

Cheers,

Mark
Thanks Mark there was no way for you, or any else for that matter to know. Please dont take it to heart.
I log on regularly but dont contribute as much as I wanted to. I thought I could still contribute but its becoming clear I'm struggling so I feel it's probably best for a ban to stop me embarrassing myself or others. This is on me and for no one else to worry about. Please, I do not want any sympathy and the rest of you can be thankful that when I do post on bad days that my acquired stutter doesnt translate on to these pages. Could you imagine how long my ppppp ppossssts would be!!!
By the way to keep on topic....How good was Chaz's win!!!!
Old 24 Oct 2019, 08:57 (Ref:3936527)   #822
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport is passion driven! Both for the fans and people who do it, as you can tell on here. You see people who don't have the money to really compete with the better funded teams. but they still turn up weekend after weekend year after year dragging their pride and joy all over the country, running mid to back of the pack. You sometimes think why do they bother? passion. Just like when you're laying under some **** box at three in the morning cold and tired with a torch for light, and all the time you're thinking what the hell am I doing here? passion.

Keep posting Darren
Old 24 Oct 2019, 08:59 (Ref:3936528)   #823
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Keep fighting gtcapri, you're an inspiration and I wish you all the best.

Cheers.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 09:26 (Ref:3936532)   #824
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
Thank you but I'd prefer we keep on topic. Besides there are people for more worse off than I. The homeless, Taylor Swift fans, Greens voters and 888 supporters for example. Even Roger is $150k poorer. Might start a 'Go Fund Me' page for the penalty.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 10:17 (Ref:3936539)   #825
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I need to get more beer....this thread could go on till next year...