Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 24 Jul 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1663559)   #1
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Raymond Mays Memorial Circuit

Sorry about the pretty basic diagram, but this is the 1st track I've posted on here for a while (not including the street circuits):

All the corners are named after things related to BRM

Comments and edits more than welcome
Old 24 Jul 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1663651)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The diagram is fine, very much of the RacingCircuits.net style.

The circuit looks very much one for Classics or Historics to race on. The shape and layout has a very "period" feel to it.

I like it.
Old 24 Jul 2006, 22:15 (Ref:1663713)   #3
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tell ya', i somewhat prefer the more basic diagrams, in style of RC.net. I like to look at the track, not the graphics, and i think that goes for quite a few of us .

I think i would tighten Stewart slightly, but only slightly. I agree with SBF's observation that it somewhat resembles a classics circuit.
Old 25 Jul 2006, 12:52 (Ref:1664152)   #4
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm... very nice.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1665826)   #5
V8_TURBO
Veteran

MagnetON
Glasgow
V8_TURBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it. I think that it flows well. great.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1665844)   #6
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the comments

One thing I forgot to mention is that I sort of based the S/F "straight" and Stewart on Brands - when I was designing it, I originally called it Brands Hatch, but changed it when I went for a BRM theme

Actually, I think tightening Stewart would work, because then Siffert would be slightly faster. I'll have a look at it
Old 27 Jul 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1665858)   #7
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice, very flowing.
Old 27 Jul 2006, 12:27 (Ref:1665872)   #8
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Thanks

The circuit has undergone a bit of a renovation, with slight layout changes. Stewart has been tightened slightly, allowing a safer pit lane exit. Siffert has thus been opened up slightly:

Here is an overlay of the 2 circuits:

Old 28 Jul 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1666660)   #9
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I get a feeling of 1970s era Watkins Glen when looking at this. Please tell us a bitr more about details like track length, elevation changes, etc. Thanks.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 19:30 (Ref:1668145)   #10
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
I'm no good with length and stuff like that. Elevation - 1st corner plunging downhill, as would turn 2. All the bottom section would be sort of flat, with a little bit of a climb up to Rodriguez, and then dropping through Southgate. Then it's a steady climb up through the rest of the track back to the S/F line. Sort of basic, but again I'm no good with things like that!
Old 30 Jul 2006, 20:56 (Ref:1668226)   #11
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about this for elevation:

On the main straight the track goes gently down towards the first turn, Stewart, a fast right-hander moving steeply downwards.

The track still descends through left-hander Siffert, towards Stanley, which is a Karusel-like, banked corner. Across Yardley straight and through Hill Sweep, the track goes upwards a bit, through the quick, downward Rodrigues and Southgate.

Right after Flick there’s a little crest — before the upgrade of the track this crest was higher and the cars would jump.

Right-hander Beltoise and left-hander Bonnier take the track down again, while Bonnier, a short straight, and hairpin Folkingham take the cars back upwards.

Slowly the track goes back up to start-finish straight hight, through Alfred Owen, across another short straight, and through the tight right-hander Gethin.
Old 30 Jul 2006, 21:56 (Ref:1668301)   #12
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Sounds fantastic - thanks mate
Old 5 Aug 2006, 14:30 (Ref:1674152)   #13
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
I'm no good with length and stuff like that. Elevation - 1st corner plunging downhill, as would turn 2. All the bottom section would be sort of flat, with a little bit of a climb up to Rodriguez, and then dropping through Southgate. Then it's a steady climb up through the rest of the track back to the S/F line. Sort of basic, but again I'm no good with things like that!
Would that climb turn the Rodriguez corner into some kind of a jumping possibility for historical cars then?

And thanks for your reply with the details.