Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 Aug 2012, 08:12 (Ref:3126740)   #20
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigears View Post
I have decided to do a big push for information, photos and even video footage of the BTCC cars at the Birmingham Superprix.

I have just contacted ITV Archives and ITV Central for information and even a copy of the practice session at the 1988 Birmingham Superprix.

I am wondering who is the initials of 'G.D.' who wrote the BTCC report in the Motoring News? So I can try to track him down or contact Simon Arron and I could try asking him nicely.

I will have a go contacting Aquith Autosport and see what I can dig out from the owner about the practice times. Same for Jerry Mahony as well.

Is Terry Drury still around? He got his own website: www.terrydrury.com but seems it hasn't been updated for about 10 years.

I have asked Alan Minshaw through his son but he can't remember anything at the time.

Any more team owners or even drivers I could contact?
I guess a few obvious ones would be Chris Hodgetts (had been on here in past), Tim Harvey, Nick Whale, Dave Loudon in Evesham (his garage is still there). Chris and Tim are definitely also on FB as they have been into the Group A group ocassionally.

Tags
btcc, group a