Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Nov 2022, 15:56 (Ref:4135198)   #351
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Danny Ricc's 2020 Renault season was almost as good as any of his other seasons in F1
was it though? my mind plays tricks so not sure if i am remembering his 2020 the same way as others do?

2019 certainly was disappointing but i dont really remember 2020 being all that different. to be honest i thought both his seasons at Renault were dreadful.

although on paper (and i was surprised when i gave myself a reminder on the final points table for that year) DR finished 5th and beat his team mate...but was he actually driving well in 2020 or was he just more fortunate with some results? odd year that 2020 i suppose.

but to say it ranks as up there with his other seasons tho?

multiple seasons at RB with multiple wins and podiums surely are at the top and to be honest (this might be contentious), but his race win in McLaren in 2021 places that as a better season because wins are the highlights and he didnt have any of those in 2020?
Old 28 Nov 2022, 18:38 (Ref:4135230)   #352
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
was it though? my mind plays tricks so not sure if i am remembering his 2020 the same way as others do?

2019 certainly was disappointing but i dont really remember 2020 being all that different. to be honest i thought both his seasons at Renault were dreadful.

although on paper (and i was surprised when i gave myself a reminder on the final points table for that year) DR finished 5th and beat his team mate...but was he actually driving well in 2020 or was he just more fortunate with some results? odd year that 2020 i suppose.

but to say it ranks as up there with his other seasons tho?

multiple seasons at RB with multiple wins and podiums surely are at the top and to be honest (this might be contentious), but his race win in McLaren in 2021 places that as a better season because wins are the highlights and he didnt have any of those in 2020?
Certainly people I know at Renault didn’t think his 2019 or 2020 were that great.

I’m not sure they issued press releases saying that though, so I know some would dispute it.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 18:50 (Ref:4135237)   #353
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Certainly people I know at Renault didn’t think his 2019 or 2020 were that great.
The thing is that you have reported that Renault were not happy with his performance - 'they didn’t think they got the level of performance commensurate with what they paid for'.

The reality is that Renault were happy with the performance, but their issue was with his leadership. This has been reported extensively by others in the paddock such as Julien Billiotte and Joe Saward.

Billiotte [May 2020]: “Let’s just say that I think the 2019 season may have revealed his (Ricciardo) limits, particularly in terms of leadership, although he remains an excellent driver of course,”
Old 28 Nov 2022, 20:52 (Ref:4135254)   #354
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
The thing is that you have reported that Renault were not happy with his performance - 'they didn’t think they got the level of performance commensurate with what they paid for'.

The reality is that Renault were happy with the performance, but their issue was with his leadership. This has been reported extensively by others in the paddock such as Julien Billiotte and Joe Saward.

Billiotte [May 2020]: “Let’s just say that I think the 2019 season may have revealed his (Ricciardo) limits, particularly in terms of leadership, although he remains an excellent driver of course,”
Performance is a lot, lot more than just lap time.
Old 30 Nov 2022, 03:06 (Ref:4135503)   #355
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair to RIC, I don't think he was a lone ranger in terms of leadership issues at Renault.

As for Saward, while i overall respect his input and he provides some dry witted insight, I think hes still salty that RB took RIC over JEV as was his preference and learned opinion. he lobbied pretty hard for it in his blog and has been looking to subtly vindicate his stance since.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 09:33 (Ref:4137303)   #356
PhilipR
Racer

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Honda name back on Red Bull Engine : https://the-race.com/formula-1/honda...#disqus_thread

Step 1: Announce retirement end of 2021
Step 2: Horner lobby aggressively to to push forward the engine freeze by 1 year as red Bull cannot develop
Step 3: Throw kitchen sink at engine and design a masterpiece (kudos to Honda)
Step 4: Engine freeze - lock in advantage
Step 5: Return one year later as the name on the engine

Just a bit of fun from me and I am not saying anything dodgy took place - but is interesting how it all worked out: If RB start losing, will Honda retire their name from engine/car again?
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:07 (Ref:4137309)   #357
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
It's history repeating itself. Honda always seem to leave just at the point when they become the dominant force.

We are back now - what did we miss? Oh - just 2 WDCs and a WCC!
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4137314)   #358
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Honda probably realised they get free publicity from putting their name on the engines
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:23 (Ref:4137320)   #359
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Honda probably realised they get free publicity from putting their name on the engines

Just about time.

Not all publicity is good publicity.

They have made far too many mistakes. Look at my signature. They have branded themselves as sore loosers and fools in more than my head.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 13:46 (Ref:4137336)   #360
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Look at my signature. They have branded themselves as sore loosers and fools in more than my head.

sig
Drive faster and longer than the rest
...in anything but a Honda...
They seem like a perfect partner for Red Bull.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 16:39 (Ref:4137359)   #361
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
They have made far too many mistakes. Look at my signature. They have branded themselves as sore loosers and fools in more than my head.
Am I missing something? When has Honda been sore loosers? They have probably picked poor times to exit F1, but have done so with grace. They gave Brawn a sweetheart deal on that exit and also have been great partners and have continued to support RBR after this recent exit (if they really exited at all).

Richard
Old 21 Dec 2022, 23:00 (Ref:4137811)   #362
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ricciardo to Bathurst?

Very much looking forward to the sound of the Renault V10 at full noise down Conrod Straight
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Dec 2022, 00:39 (Ref:4137818)   #363
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Ricciardo to Bathurst?

Very much looking forward to the sound of the Renault V10 at full noise down Conrod Straight
Hopefully they'll have a chat to someone at McLaren about gearing and all that before doing the runs - the McLaren was running out of gears about two-thirds down Conrod and needed more right height down off the top of the hill. With those things sorted, would be really special but either way, seeing an F1 car rip across the top of the hill is still one of the better things that I've personally ever seen.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 21:39 (Ref:4139640)   #364
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Another son of a race-winner takes a step closer to F1, Seb Montoya joins the RB program -

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/se...2023/10419010/
Old 10 Jan 2023, 23:10 (Ref:4139647)   #365
peebee2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Another son of a race-winner takes a step closer to F1, Seb Montoya joins the RB program -

https://au.motorsport.com/f1/news/se...2023/10419010/
Let's hope his results improve a bit this year then. Only 13th in FREC last year I think.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 00:24 (Ref:4139650)   #366
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Let's hope his results improve a bit this year then. Only 13th in FREC last year I think.
I saw him in Zandvoort on his F3 debut, looked pretty decent so hopefully he adapts well - won't be around long in the Academy if he doesn't
Old 11 Jan 2023, 01:30 (Ref:4139654)   #367
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He’s been fun to watch over here in IMSA. Friendly in the paddock too. He’s a decent young peddler, but I’m not going to pretend if I know if he’s top draw material.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 07:49 (Ref:4143068)   #368
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Apparently....
Attached Thumbnails
FB_IMG_1675842502357.jpg  
Old 8 Feb 2023, 08:20 (Ref:4143071)   #369
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Now it all makes sense
Old 8 Feb 2023, 15:24 (Ref:4143146)   #370
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Apparently....
Old 7 Sep 2023, 06:20 (Ref:4175465)   #371
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Helmut Marko: "The Italian GP was surely one of Checo Perez‘s best weekends and we know about his problems in qualifying, which is where he has his doubts. Let’s remember that he is South American and so his head is not as focused as Max Verstappen or as Sebastian Vettel was"

Old 7 Sep 2023, 06:36 (Ref:4175466)   #372
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Helmut Marko: "The Italian GP was surely one of Checo Perez‘s best weekends and we know about his problems in qualifying, which is where he has his doubts. Let’s remember that he is South American and so his head is not as focused as Max Verstappen or as Sebastian Vettel was"

It's becoming almost Bernie like in carelessness!
Old 7 Sep 2023, 07:31 (Ref:4175474)   #373
peebee2
Veteran

I’m tempted to point out to him that Mexico is in North America.
Old 7 Sep 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4175493)   #374
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So South Americans (or Mexicans) don't have the focus that Europeans have? The man is a buffoon at times....
Old 7 Sep 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4175497)   #375
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

See in any realistic business, this is a wrongful dismissal law suit waiting to happen.

"You're sacked for under performing"
"I finished second in the championship, something none of your number 2s have ever managed before"
"Yeah but you're South American"

Imagine this sort of racist nonsense in the real world.