Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jan 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4142221)   #526
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yes - all correct.

At the 1954 British GP, 7 drivers all shared fastest lap and split the single point between them. Half points were also awarded at the Belgian Grand Prix to Mike Hawthorn and José Froilán González.
So, when it came to the conclusion of the German Grand Prix, Fangio led the Drivers Championship by 18.52 points which was the largest margin ever at the time.

With his ninth successive victory at the 2013 Brazilian Grand Prix, Sebastian Vettel set a new record for the largest points lead in Formula 1 history, ending the season with a 155 point advantage.

I didnt get the 18.52.... I was off track there thinking it might have been something to do with the German GP being 18 laps.... then realised that for 1954 it had increased to 22 laps from 18 of 1953 which thwarted that avenue.
I didnt progress the 1954 element as the question was more focussed on Brazil 2013 and I was aware of Vettel's record Championship lead there.

OK a new question. Less contrived than some of my other questions.

Ludovico Scarfiotti, Jacques Villeneuve and Emmerson Fittipaldi all share something in common. What is it?

Last edited by E.B; 30 Jan 2023 at 14:51. Reason: Added a new question
Old 30 Jan 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4142223)   #527
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They all won a GP in their first season in F1.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 17:08 (Ref:4142236)   #528
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes you are on the right track. Needs to be more specific.
No cigar yet.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 17:49 (Ref:4142242)   #529
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scarfiotti scored his 1st point in Holland in 1963, He won his 1st GP in Italy in 1966.
Old 30 Jan 2023, 18:13 (Ref:4142246)   #530
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They all won the fourth GP they started.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 03:37 (Ref:4142280)   #531
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
They all won the fourth GP they started.
Bingo. Correct

Scarfiotti won his only race at Monza 1n 1966, for Ferrari in his 4th WDC GP start

Fittipaldi won his first race at the USGP at Watkins Glen in 1970 for Lotus. It was his 5th entry (he DNQ'd /withdrew from the Italian GP that year with Lotus after Rindt died) but the USGP was his 4th WDC GP start

JV won his first race at the European GP (Nurburgring) for Williams in 1966, his 4th GP start

I could have added the name Bob Sweikert to the list. (In WDC Championship races) he only ever ran at the Indy races from 1950-1956. He DNQ'd a few of them, (including 2 in 1952 when he made his first start in a 3rd entry)

He made starts in 1953/3/4 and then won the event in 1955, his 4th attempt.

Well done Wolfhound. Your question.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 10:22 (Ref:4142290)   #532
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Okay here goes
Jackie Stewart, Alain Prost, Sebasian Vettel & Lewis Hamilton all did.

J.M. Fangio, Jack Brabham, Niki Lauda, Nelson Piquet, Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher all did not do what early in their F1 careers?
Old 2 Feb 2023, 07:09 (Ref:4142477)   #533
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think we all need a bit of help with this one!
Old 2 Feb 2023, 10:11 (Ref:4142493)   #534
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Okay here goes

J.M. Fangio, Jack Brabham, Niki Lauda, Nelson Piquet, Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher all did not do what early in their F1 careers?
Those in the first group all scored points in their first WDC race start

None of the second list did. In fact I think they all DNF'd their first race.

Thats the best I can come up with....
Old 2 Feb 2023, 10:14 (Ref:4142494)   #535
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Okay here goes

Those in the first group all scored points in their first WDC race start. Initially I was thrown by Vettel finishing 8th in his USGP debut.... then realised that his debut was when they scored points to 8th.

Old 2 Feb 2023, 14:05 (Ref:4142516)   #536
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Those in the first group all scored points in their first WDC race start. Initially I was thrown by Vettel finishing 8th in his USGP debut.... then realised that his debut was when they scored points to 8th.

Well done E.B.
The first group all scored points on their first GP start although Vettel had done a number of practice sessions as a young driver but did not qualify. The 2nd group all failed to score on their debuts.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4142519)   #537
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What do these three have in common:
Stirling Moss, Jackie Stewart, Dan Gurney
Old 2 Feb 2023, 14:18 (Ref:4142522)   #538
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
They all raced slot cars against Graham Hill:
Attached Thumbnails
Trq5XhRk3aJu0FzfxzNnxlvpm8JTlfzDqxndB_F-bZs.png  
Old 2 Feb 2023, 15:55 (Ref:4142529)   #539
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
They all raced slot cars against Graham Hill:
It would be criminal if this wasn't the desired answer.

Richard
Old 2 Feb 2023, 22:42 (Ref:4142565)   #540
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Did they all take the first win for three constructors?

Stirling Moss for Vanwall, Cooper and Lotus (the latter two for the privateer Rob Walker team).
Jackie Stewart for Matra, March and Tyrrell (although they were all effectively the same team!)
Dan Gurney for Porsche, Brabham and Eagle (the only one for which all three were totally different teams).

I would also be interested to know, who won the slot cars?
Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:19 (Ref:4142607)   #541
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Did they all take the first win for three constructors?

Stirling Moss for Vanwall, Cooper and Lotus (the latter two for the privateer Rob Walker team).
Jackie Stewart for Matra, March and Tyrrell (although they were all effectively the same team!)
Dan Gurney for Porsche, Brabham and Eagle (the only one for which all three were totally different teams).

I would also be interested to know, who won the slot cars?
Yes you got it immediately! Have had to post this twice due to the cyber attack that happened yesterday. Anyway next question to you.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 22:49 (Ref:4142731)   #542
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes you got it immediately! Have had to post this twice due to the cyber attack that happened yesterday. Anyway next question to you.
Thanks.

I know Graham Hill won the Triple Crown, Dan Gurney also won in many types of car and Jackie Stewart was perhaps the best F1 driver of the four, but I think Stirling Moss probably won the slot car racing. He was ‘Mr Motor Racing’ and could win in anything after all!

I don’t have a question so anyone can feel free to step in with one.
Old 5 Feb 2023, 07:43 (Ref:4142778)   #543
S griffin
Veteran

What do these drivers have in common:
Fagioli, Musso, Baghetti, Scarfiotti, Clark, Gethin, Beltoise and Jabouille (RIP)
Old 5 Feb 2023, 12:44 (Ref:4142794)   #544
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
What do these drivers have in common:
Fagioli, Musso, Baghetti, Scarfiotti, Clark, Gethin, Beltoise and Jabouille (RIP)
They scored all their points in a season from a race win.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 08:49 (Ref:4142839)   #545
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
They scored all their points in a season from a race win.
Correct again! Jabouille in fact did it twice.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4142840)   #546
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Correct again! Jabouille in fact did it twice.
Indeed.... in fact he only ever scored points in 3 races, two of which he won. His only non win points were scored at the 1978 US East for a 4th.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4142841)   #547
BTCC frog
Veteran

What links the following drivers:
Jose Froilan Gonzalez
Bill Vukovich
Maurice Trintignant
Old 6 Feb 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4142842)   #548
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Jose Froilan Gonzalez
Bill Vukovich
Maurice Trintignant
They each scored 2 Championship wins and each only won races at a single venue
Gonzalez at Silverstone 1951/54
Vukovich Indy 1953/54
Trintignant Monaco 1955/58

Old 6 Feb 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4142843)   #549
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Jose Froilan Gonzalez
Bill Vukovich
Maurice Trintignant
They are the 3 racing drivers with the coolest names in F1 history. And they probably all had cool moustaches as well.
Old 6 Feb 2023, 09:47 (Ref:4142847)   #550
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
They each scored 2 Championship wins and each only won races at a single venue
Gonzalez at Silverstone 1951/54
Vukovich Indy 1953/54
Trintignant Monaco 1955/58

This is the correct answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
They are the 3 racing drivers with the coolest names in F1 history. And they probably all had cool moustaches as well.
Also a good answer. They are all great names (and I also like Maurice Trintignant's nickname, 'Le Petoulet' meaning 'Rat Dropping Man'), but my favourite F1 driver name is Ernst Klodwig.