Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Oct 2001, 17:20 (Ref:160161)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Duke
Alonso is nearly 2 seconds faster then his team-mate.
Yes, but who's his teammate ?
Old 13 Oct 2001, 18:43 (Ref:160185)   #27
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF made the rest of the field look silly. I mean, what WERE they doing?? Only JPM's commendable performance and that of Fischo's came close.

If it is possible to go round a racing circuit that fast, why can't the others do it?? (A question Ron Dennis will be pondering as he lies in his bed tonight)
Old 13 Oct 2001, 19:06 (Ref:160190)   #28
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tristan

If it is possible to go round a racing circuit that fast, why can't the others do it?? (A question Ron Dennis will be pondering as he lies in his bed tonight)
Get ready... here they come... the onslaught of the paranoid "Ferrari are cheating" conspiracists....

Please BBKing - lead the way...
Old 13 Oct 2001, 19:10 (Ref:160192)   #29
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Interesting grid!!!!

Hope Barrichello gets 2nd in championship!
Old 13 Oct 2001, 23:11 (Ref:160264)   #30
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think next years title will be between TGF and JPM.

Also the Ferrari line up for 2005 will be Montoya and Massa. Anyone care to disagree?
Old 14 Oct 2001, 00:08 (Ref:160284)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
originally posted by Paulzinho
Also the Ferrari line up for 2005 will be Montoya and Massa. Anyone care to disagree?
Unless, Frank Williams is a sado-masoquist he will let JPM go to Ferrari !!

Last edited by Bononi; 14 Oct 2001 at 00:09.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 00:36 (Ref:160289)   #32
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
While not taking anything away from MSch's amazing final fast lap, I have to say that sadly we were unable to watch quals from Australia. The time speaks for itself.
However, while following quals in both the Atlas live chatroom, and in F1 live, someone pointed out that the Ferrari was on a soft compound. This is even more interesting when it was announced that MSch used only the one set of tyres for quals, thus saving the rest of his tyres for the race.
It could be that Ferrari has found the ideal aerodynamic setup for their car, not only making it faster through the corners but also reducing tyre wear.
It will be very interesting to see which refueling strategy Ferrari adopts for the race.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 00:52 (Ref:160296)   #33
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I watched the quals again later in the evening, and boy, isnt his laps simply amazing. Sure, there's a couple of negligible mistakes, but he just strings his lap together in such a flowing manner, he makes his runs as forms of art (i always thought his driving style is beautiful)... But what's more interesting is the reaction of Mika, Ralf and JPM... the look of amazement and awe, with a hint of disbelief, when Michael passes the timing beams were caught on tape,. and it really goes to show why Michael is the greatest driver on the current grid. It's nice to see Ralf getting excited and impressed, showing that dispite the competition, brotherly love still holds

From what i heard...Michael, along with the other top runners of Suzuka, were running on a new developed soft from Bridgestone. Michael also had an developed chassis (similar to Williams introducing their new chassis) that they want to use to collect data from Suzuka. According to Michael, the chassis doesnt seem to contribute too much to the time, but the tyres does impress him...claiming it has unbelievable amount of grip in the stwisty sections (section 1) while losing slightly in the hard braking areas (section 3)...seem to conform with the times set by JPM~

both Michael and JPM look well...next year, we'd witness a great fight!
Old 14 Oct 2001, 01:24 (Ref:160298)   #34
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by EERO
That lap by Schumacher was astounding. I saw it on tape and watched it three times.

There is no doubt that he is absolutely the best out there right now and that he has a car to match his skills.

JPM was formidible given that this was his first visit to Suzuka.

Good job by Fisi and it only has to frustrate him that after all the work he put into the Benetton this year, that he's going to Jordan and Trulli reaps the fruits of his efforts at Renault next season.
My thoughts exactly EERO.

An absolute show of force by Michael and Ferrari demonstrating why the championships were over so early. JMP getting a into the groove now and Benetton coming on strong at the business end of the season.

I can't wait for next year.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 01:54 (Ref:160301)   #35
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael was in a class of his own.He`s just unbelievable.Full stop.The other star had to be Montoya.For his first time at Suzuka,he once again out-qualified junior easily and proved how the momentum has shifted to his side of the Williams garage.The race should be between Michael,Montoya and Hakkinen tomorrow.

Finally,I saw Michael's lap three times so far and its certainly one of those that will feature on the "lap of the gods" series.What a performance.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 02:06 (Ref:160304)   #36
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Schumacher

Finally,I saw Michael's lap three times so far and its certainly one of those that will feature on the "lap of the gods" series.What a performance.
You should be so lucky!! No doubt we will be shown the last 100 metres of this lap as a prelude to the race broadcast here. The shows producer here seems to lack a brain. I can remember when I was in Hong Kong, and had Star TV, I used to love watching Quals, now I might have a look at the set up given by Badoer's site (fan, maybe it will work on my PC.
Old 14 Oct 2001, 08:33 (Ref:160344)   #37
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
Can anyone seriously doubt that all that Ralf and JPM will be seeing next year is the back of Schumacher's car??
Errrr.. yes! I can! Oh gosh, by lap 4 Pablo lost visual contact with the back of Schumacher's car!