Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 30 Jun 2022, 15:06 (Ref:4117591)   #1051
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Making my first visit to Cadwell Park this weekend for the classic bikes which I've got into this year.

Le Mans was planned but due to certain cars withdrawing on the entry decided to stick this side of the Channel

Fits in well with my 20th being this Monday eek
Beautiful venue, spectacular viewing from so many different vantage points, enjoy
Old 30 Jun 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4117641)   #1052
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Agreed - Cadwell is quite a circuit - and arguably better suited to bikes rather than cars......

Don't expect much sympathy around here for leaving your teenage years behind....most of us can hardly remember ours Have a great birthday
Old 1 Jul 2022, 03:56 (Ref:4117664)   #1053
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race car, pit vehicle and set up at Le MansClassic. It is good to be back here!
Click image for larger version

Name:	61C77FA4-A155-43D6-B6FC-57B09C2D6526.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	609.7 KB
ID:	75588

Name:	659859C9-00CC-4574-BB87-C0FBDD5F51C1.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	985.4 KB
ID:	75589

Name:	5AC38C50-4B39-4B48-A25B-5DB427A66660.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	75590
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 1 Jul 2022, 07:23 (Ref:4117671)   #1054
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent. Look forward to your updates in the Le Mans Classic Thread. Love that tow barge.
Old 1 Jul 2022, 08:17 (Ref:4117679)   #1055
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Agreed - Cadwell is quite a circuit - and arguably better suited to bikes rather than cars......
That probably has something to do with the fact it's narrower than most circuits
Old 1 Jul 2022, 08:58 (Ref:4117688)   #1056
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Who would want to be at Le Mans when they could be at Donington - loads of MGs and MGs and MGs'. Anybody?
Old 1 Jul 2022, 09:11 (Ref:4117689)   #1057
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least Donington isn't billed as a "festival".
Old 1 Jul 2022, 09:27 (Ref:4117693)   #1058
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Race car, pit vehicle and set up at Le MansClassic. It is good to be back here!
Attachment 75588
]
beautiful

I prefer my paddock transport though

safety fast and all that. . . I keep looking at 356's but as fast as my budget grows the prices go up a bit faster!
Old 1 Jul 2022, 12:51 (Ref:4117704)   #1059
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, wonderful Will, love your Speedster. Unfortunately, the french team already lost an E Type, seems crank and rods went… Lets hope the D will go fine.
Old 1 Jul 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4117706)   #1060
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Who would want to be at Le Mans when they could be at Donington - loads of MGs and MGs and MGs'. Anybody?
MiniMM was due to make his MG racing debut there but the car isn't ready in time.

Good job really as I'm tied up elsewhere.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Jul 2022, 15:35 (Ref:4117727)   #1061
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Plateau 1 Q: ' 32 Talbot #20 on pole (Burnett/Birch) then Talbot # 18 same team!!! Then we find a 8C, 328 Roadster, 8C, Bug' 35. The pre -war stuff is really fast (around 6')!

Last edited by Gerard C; 1 Jul 2022 at 15:41.
Old 1 Jul 2022, 15:41 (Ref:4117728)   #1062
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not a complaint but can we post the Le Mans Classic info and chat in the Le Mans Classic Thread please?
Old 1 Jul 2022, 15:47 (Ref:4117731)   #1063
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yes of course, sorry, I've been looking for it before posting. Just found the Who's going. Feel free to delete, apologies again.

PS the Burnett/ Birch pair is just fantastic!
Old 1 Jul 2022, 16:51 (Ref:4117738)   #1064
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
No problem Gerard, it's more for tidiness than anything.
Old 1 Jul 2022, 20:07 (Ref:4117750)   #1065
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Well now you have the truth !!

Almost 2,000 times more particle pollution is produced by tyre wear than is pumped out of the exhausts of modern cars, tests have shown.
More or less dig into that a little:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0cgc38p
Old 2 Jul 2022, 14:44 (Ref:4117813)   #1066
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/24/h...ort/index.html
Old 2 Jul 2022, 21:13 (Ref:4117842)   #1067
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Having been at a grey, wet & surprisingly cool Donington for a bit today, I would have been quite happy to swap places with someone at Le Mans.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 00:38 (Ref:4117853)   #1068
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Having been at a grey, wet & surprisingly cool Donington for a bit today, I would have been quite happy to swap places with someone at Le Mans.
I did not see any Alfas on track, so you must have been that spectator I saw.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:26 (Ref:4118130)   #1069
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed we haven't heard from grantp for a while. I hope all is OK there.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 11:11 (Ref:4118163)   #1070
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
We have come back to the UK for a 70th birthday party today in Brighton, my old Peugeot was low on fuel so I went out to fill it up but both of my nearest stations didn't have any diesel I had to drive into the nearest town and get some at £2 a litre !!! Hopefully I'll be able to get a flight back soon as not only is fuel a lot cheaper in Spain for a start but the government are subsidising it as well !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Jul 2022, 11:16 (Ref:4118166)   #1071
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
We have come back to the UK for a 70th birthday party today in Brighton, my old Peugeot was low on fuel so I went out to fill it up but both of my nearest stations didn't have any diesel I had to drive into the nearest town and get some at £2 a litre !!! Hopefully I'll be able to get a flight back soon as not only is fuel a lot cheaper in Spain for a start but the government are subsidising it as well !
Mmm, my trip to Lydden yesterday to watch the historics on the hill cost me £40 in diesel and that's in a Passat returning 50+ to the gallon! Starting to think twice before doing any long distance trips.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4118184)   #1072
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I've got three "event" weekends in succession coming up "darn sarf" - Imp Club National weekend at Alton, Hampshire, followed by National Alfa Day at Bicester, then Festival Italia at Brands. Trying to find people to freeload on in between each weekend, to save the diesel costs (and the sheer drag) of returning back up M1/M6 after each event. Current thoughts may have us going to relatives in Bournemouth after the Imp event, but heading back home in between Alfa Day and Festival Italia.......
Old 4 Jul 2022, 14:42 (Ref:4118209)   #1073
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the latest news from the frontline, the supply chain shortage is really hitting home and causing serious distress. Starbucks don't have any of the Grande cups at their "On the Go" self-serve coffee shops in Esso stations. I'm having to get my caffeine fix with the smaller "Tall" cup. Will this deprivation never end?

On the ridiculous side. If you "buy" a Twirl chocolate bar with the coffee, the price is £3 as against £3.30 for the coffee on its own. Go figure. Alas I can't eat milk chocolate so there's a pile of bars in the Sprinter.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 4 Jul 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4118214)   #1074
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sometimes I think that the UK goes too far to protect the identities of youngsters that have committed extremely serious crimes.

A case went before initial proceedings today at Bradford Magistrates Court when a sixteen year old scrote admitted a number of charges including the theft of a van, dangerous driving, but worst of all death by dangerous driving of three males. One of them was one of his passengers, however the other two were a local taxi driver and his passenger which were hit head on by the van that was being driven on the wrong side of the M606 to avoid being stopped by the police.

Why on earth shouldn't he be named and shamed for killing innocent people by his reckless actions?
Old 4 Jul 2022, 15:15 (Ref:4118215)   #1075
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It depends why they are protecting the person involved. But it does seem a bit much to not name a shame this person, an underaged driver who caused death by his reckless actions. Everyone does stupid things when they’re young, but this is something else. Hope he realises the consequences of his actions

There has to be a good reason for him not being named