Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think it is?
Lewis Hamilton 2 4.26%
Valtteri Bottas 0 0%
Sebastian Vettel 5 10.64%
Kimi Räikkönen 1 2.13%
Daniel Ricciardo 0 0%
Max Verstappen 23 48.94%
Sergio Pérez 0 0%
Esteban Ocon 8 17.02%
Felipe Massa 0 0%
Lance Stroll 1 2.13%
Nico Hulkenberg 0 0%
Carlos Sainz 0 0%
Brendon Hartley 0 0%
Pierre Gasly 0 0%
Romain Grosjean 0 0%
Kevin Magnussen 2 4.26%
Stoffel Vandoorne 0 0%
Fernando Alonso 1 2.13%
Pascal Wehrlein 0 0%
Marcus Ericsson 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Oct 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3777262)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the the Grand Prix: Mexican Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think it is?
Old 29 Oct 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3777283)   #2
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max, making Vettel lose his excrements in lap and then pull away from Bottas with 20 seconds and Kimi with 50 seconds.
Old 29 Oct 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3777297)   #3
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel. great comeback race.
Old 29 Oct 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3777316)   #4
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There were lots of standouts in this race actually.

Verstappen doing a Senna out front beating faster cars, dominating Ricciardo. Gosh he's good.

Ocon sitting in 3rd for the first half of the race until the VSC pit stops screwed him. Although Perez did catch him in the end I think.

Stroll 12th to 6th, just behind Ocon last time I looked.

Magnussen 8th. He's now at a point where he's dominating Grosjean, who would have thought that was going to happen? He may get a lot of flack for his mistakes, but he's doing better than Grosjean.

Alonso was also very fast and moving through the pack with some good overtakes.

Vettel actually did a pretty good job getting back to 4th, but both incidents with Max and then Lewis were his fault. Does he forget he's got a front wing behind the front wheels?

Ericsson putting in a surprise good performance for most of the race, way ahead of Wehrlein who's been lacklustre all weekend. Does he not realise he's fighting for a seat next year?

Hartley and Gasly both pretty good as well considering their limited running (Gasly only 12 laps on a track he doesn't know).

It's more a case of poor performances for the likes of Bottas, Raikkonen (wtf was he doing out there, 54 secs behind Verstappen!?, Seb only 14 secs back after an extra stop and coming through the field) and Hamilton doing one of his poor me drives before he realised it is possible to pass and there is, in fact, nothing wrong with his car.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 00:22 (Ref:3777323)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettee.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3777355)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The man who battled Lewis on the last laps.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3777417)   #7
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Slightly confused by votes for Vettel. He ended up at the back through his own doing, turning pole into a lost championship - so not sure how it is even considered for DoTR?
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3777423)   #8
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Verstappen. I couldn't even contemplate anyone else.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3777608)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Slightly confused by votes for Vettel. He ended up at the back through his own doing, turning pole into a lost championship - so not sure how it is even considered for DoTR?
Likewise. I don't get how a decent comeback drive excuses such first lap gaffs in a DOTR contest.

Max for me - great start, put the upstart Vettel in his place and showed everyone why we're going to be moaning about him dominating in years to come.......
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:32 (Ref:3777426)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Ok so Lewis won the championship and Max won the race, but Seb racing through the field was brilliant to watch and therefore he gets my vote today
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3777427)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Ok so Lewis won the championship and Max won the race, but Seb racing through the field was brilliant to watch and therefore he gets my vote today
But the reason he had to was his own fault
Old 30 Oct 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3777430)   #12
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Certainly not Vettel, twice hitting a different driver in turn 2/3 is just not good
Old 30 Oct 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3777434)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Ocon for me (just beating Max).
Old 30 Oct 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3777471)   #14
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Ocon. Looks the real deal.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 12:49 (Ref:3777479)   #15
midnight_lurker
Rookie

Denmark
Copenhagen, Denmark
midnight_lurker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of really good drives this weekend!

But I have to go with K-Mag.
Getting 8th position in arguably the slowest car of the weekend, AND keeping both ALO and HAM behind in the closing laps.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3777488)   #16
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max obviously, Ocon a close second.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 15:03 (Ref:3777512)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max for me. really enjoying seeing him make the most of these late season performances. kids been on fire since Malaysia!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3777496)   #18
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went with Marcus, obviously Max was sublime but you could argue that the RedBull was probably the fastest car, the Sauber really had no right to be running in the top ten for half the race.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3777553)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
K.Mag for me. Considering the car was the slowest in quali he did a brilliant job to get it into the points and resist pressure from two multiple champions
Old 30 Oct 2017, 20:26 (Ref:3777595)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Ocon
Old 31 Oct 2017, 01:58 (Ref:3777661)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Hamilton. WDC. Simply the best in 2017.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 Oct 2017, 06:00 (Ref:3777698)   #22
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Hamilton. WDC. Simply the best in 2017.
Lewis has been a bit like Marquez this year hasn't he? Even when he doesn't have the best car, he gets the most out of it and the others all somehow falter in various ways (technical, mistakes or just plain inconsistency), especially when Hamilton isn't running well they all crash into one another. Resulting in Hamilton easily winning the title 2 races early.

The Merc still is the best car overall of course. But yeah Marquez, someone needs a better bike to beat him. The same is true for Hamilton (except maybe Max can do it next year).

Ogier's title has been similar. Ironic really, Hamilton, Marquez, Ogier all do it again but this time in not so dominant cars. The torch may be handed over next year.
Old 31 Oct 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3777720)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Lewis has been a bit like Marquez this year hasn't he? Even when he doesn't have the best car, he gets the most out of it and the others all somehow falter in various ways (technical, mistakes or just plain inconsistency), especially when Hamilton isn't running well they all crash into one another. Resulting in Hamilton easily winning the title 2 races early.

The Merc still is the best car overall of course. But yeah Marquez, someone needs a better bike to beat him. The same is true for Hamilton (except maybe Max can do it next year).

Ogier's title has been similar. Ironic really, Hamilton, Marquez, Ogier all do it again but this time in not so dominant cars. The torch may be handed over next year.
Its a good comparison with Mr Marquez & Mr Ogier.
MotoGP is all aflutter that Dovi’s Ducati will win and Mr Marquez’s Honda will blow up. In a fairytale perhaps, which is what Mr Vettel would have required even if he had won in Mexico..

Mr Ogier in a private Ford beating out-of-form Hyundai, Citroen & Toyota works teams, almost against the odds brings talents and smarts to the top, not money.

Nobody really remembers the quality of the opposition in several years’ time... but the pilots know.. intimately..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 31 Oct 2017, 05:36 (Ref:3777687)   #24
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Max's race, kudos to Lewis winning the championship and Valtteri and Kimi for the podium.
Old 2 Nov 2017, 15:24 (Ref:3778202)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Max ....