Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Aug 2017, 19:18 (Ref:3756767)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
It was completely classless...🙄🙄
Rather like Magnussen's manoevre.......
Old 1 Aug 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3756788)   #77
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Indeed, not setting a good example at all
Old 2 Aug 2017, 06:43 (Ref:3756837)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
At least we know he is a South Park fan...

Respect My Authoritah!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 2 Aug 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3756861)   #79
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Rather like Magnussen's manoevre.......
On one had yes, a harsh move, but if the bloody cars were more racer friendly, Hulk may have been able to go right at him at the next corner.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3756863)   #80
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Magnussen was just paying Hulkenberg back for what Hulkenberg did to Grosjean on lap 1, which was just as bad as what Magnussen did to Hulkenberg.

edit: Found a video that shows the Hulkenberg move on Grosjean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJIz5ISlx4

@ 0:18 sec.

Last edited by F1Guy; 2 Aug 2017 at 08:32.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 09:14 (Ref:3756872)   #81
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
L1 T1is always a different story. Plus Hulk had a very obvious wobble and simply lost his line. Also a different story than Magnussen's move.

So it was deliberate payback for a mistake. Up to you if you find that acceptable.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 10:00 (Ref:3756879)   #82
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
L1 T1is always a different story. Plus Hulk had a very obvious wobble and simply lost his line. Also a different story than Magnussen's move.

So it was deliberate payback for a mistake. Up to you if you find that acceptable.
I don't find it acceptable. What I do find unacceptable is when a driver does something deliberately wrong towards another, and then cry and complain when the favour is returned. It seems to be a common trait among German F1 drivers. And when it's a German F1 driver in a red car, this trait is multiplied tenfold.

What I also find unacceptable - is when a German thinks he's an Italian just because he drives a red car. Specially when his Italian sounds so phony.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3756906)   #83
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Kevin did worse too, Hulk just got out of shape and hit Grosjean, Kevin made no attempt to use the normal line
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:41 (Ref:3756911)   #84
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
What I also find unacceptable - is when a German thinks he's an Italian just because he drives a red car. Specially when his Italian sounds so phony.
I have discussed this point with a number of Germans and Italians that I work with - and their view is the following:

They find it really strange that Brits and Americans are critical of people from one European country speaking in another European language.
They feel that it is only right for a German, in an Italian team, to speak the language of his employer.
They feel that his Italian sounds far from phony, and just sounds typical of someone who normally speaks a Germanic language speaking in a Romanic tongue. If they did not know the speaker, they would place them as being Tyrolean.

So other than a dislike of the individual - I can't understand why people are being critical of Vettel speaking Italian?
Old 2 Aug 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3756916)   #85
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I have discussed this point with a number of Germans and Italians that I work with - and their view is the following:

They find it really strange that Brits and Americans are critical of people from one European country speaking in another European language.
They feel that it is only right for a German, in an Italian team, to speak the language of his employer.
They feel that his Italian sounds far from phony, and just sounds typical of someone who normally speaks a Germanic language speaking in a Romanic tongue. If they did not know the speaker, they would place them as being Tyrolean.

So other than a dislike of the individual - I can't understand why people are being critical of Vettel speaking Italian?
I'd agree with that crm. When he first started driving the red cars I thought it was good style of him talking to and in particular thanking the team in Italian, I thought it very respectful. As this season progresses and Seb's antics have caused my opinions to sour somewhat, I do admit that I now view this as false & annoying!
Old 2 Aug 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3756942)   #86
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What I do find unacceptable is when a driver does something deliberately wrong towards another, and then cry and complain when the favour is returned. It seems to be a common trait among German F1 drivers.
So you cannot mean Hulk because there was nothing deliberate in T1. He briefly lost grip (car wobble) and then ran out of road, leading to contact. Therefore yor reference to German drivers here does not make sense other than showing your apparent dislike of German drivers.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3757077)   #87
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Magnussen was just paying Hulkenberg back for what Hulkenberg did to Grosjean on lap 1, which was just as bad as what Magnussen did to Hulkenberg.

edit: Found a video that shows the Hulkenberg move on Grosjean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoJIz5ISlx4

@ 0:18 sec.

It looked like Hulkenberg had recovered from the slight wobble and deliberately drove RoGro off the circuit to stop him getting ahead.

Quote of the week:

"That kid's dangerous so it wasn't worth the risk!" Hamilton

Just about sums up Max's approach, aggressively push through any slight gap and rely on the other driver to get out of your way, the championship contenders are guaranteed to jump out of the way, and I think it would be confirmed by Vettel and Ricciardo.

Excellent vision and anticipation from Lewis to avoid the contact and not get his front wing damaged.

Last edited by wnut; 2 Aug 2017 at 23:12.
Old 2 Aug 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3757080)   #88
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Engineer: "Okay Lewis we're gonna have five laps to make something of this. Five Laps!"

Hamilton: "No Pressure then!"
Old 3 Aug 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3757189)   #89
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I know Vettel hasn't been the best behaved, but it does look utterly ridiculous that we've got people criticizing him for speaking Italian.

It puts the other complaints in perspective. If Vettel is being criticized for speaking Italian, are the other complaints equally or partially as fabricated? Makes you wonder if people look for issues or make mountains out of mole hills at times.

Anyway - don't be ridiculous. Speaking the language of your employer is not a problem.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 15:31 (Ref:3757221)   #90
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be fair the criticism isn't just that he spoke Italian it was that he was a German as well.
Old 3 Aug 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3757234)   #91
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
To be fair the criticism isn't just that he spoke Italian it was that he was a German as well.
Ah! Now it make sense! Those bloody Germans!

Old 3 Aug 2017, 20:34 (Ref:3757258)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Makes you wonder if people look for issues or make mountains out of mole hills at times.
I'm certain this has never happened on Tenths.

Old 4 Aug 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3757356)   #93
S griffin
Veteran

If you speak Italian at Ferrari the Tifosi love you. So in my view nothing wrong with Vettel and anyone else who drives for Ferrari does it
Old 8 Aug 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3758128)   #94
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Almost as bad as a driver from England putting on a faux-American accent to impress his off track buddies ;-)

Old 3 Sep 2017, 19:58 (Ref:3764225)   #95
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alonso gets quote of the week again

"Palmer Karma"
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3764292)   #96
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Alonso gets quote of the week again

"Palmer Karma"
No, I'd give it to the Honey Badger.

"I like them vulnerable."
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3764293)   #97
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
That was really very good......
Old 4 Sep 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3764485)   #98
S griffin
Veteran

Ricciardo said something funny in his post race interview at Spa, can anyone what it was?
Old 15 Sep 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3767092)   #99
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Alonso wins Story Here

McLaren: “You are currently P7”
Alonso: “For info - we could be P1”
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 15 Sep 2017, 16:02 (Ref:3767142)   #100
S griffin
Veteran

Yes I instantly found that hilarious when he said it