Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1454988)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eurocars profile says he's 18.

Therefore in 2001 - when he says he didn't like the way SCSA was run, he was 13.

How credible is a 13-year-old's criticism of people who're actually out there running things in real life?
Old 8 Nov 2005, 10:09 (Ref:1455023)   #27
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
EUROCARS has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm not 18, that was somone many years ago changing my profile. Im actually 22. Yet again people choose to direct things at me this time my age. Keep to the point in hand or not at all. Ive been watching motorsport live since the days of Trucks with Axel Hegmann and Gerd Korber and Thunder Saloons. So plenty of experince with what works and what don't work.

MY view is that SCSA is doomed, and thats my opnion. If you have a forum where everyone pretends that SCSA is good and people shoot you down for saying a negative point. You are just going to hide the truth which in the long run ...........

Also, another point, how many places of work up and down the country is the manager always there on merit ?
Old 8 Nov 2005, 10:11 (Ref:1455026)   #28
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are still waiting for the source of the rumours
Old 8 Nov 2005, 10:15 (Ref:1455027)   #29
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
We are still waiting for the source of the rumours
I can't say anything about it at the moment. Just be patient.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1455054)   #30
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUROCARS
I can't say anything about it at the moment. Just be patient.
You said it was on another forum. Just name the forum
Old 8 Nov 2005, 10:46 (Ref:1455057)   #31
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spreading rumours without being able to put up some facts smacks of a deliberate attempt to damage a business.

What there is no problem with is you telling us what you believe the problems are and why you think it's mismanaged
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1455178)   #32
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

People, This thread is going NOWHERE! Eurocars is unable/unwilling to provide the source of his information, and as much as he is entitled to his oppinion he fails to see that others know more than he does.

A wise person once said Do Not Feed The Troll. Time this was heeded.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1455181)   #33
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
People, This thread is going NOWHERE! Eurocars is unable/unwilling to provide the source of his information, and as much as he is entitled to his oppinion he fails to see that others know more than he does.

I think that because Eurocars won't give any details of his source that rumours he has spread are untrue
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:30 (Ref:1455197)   #34
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
It hasn't really caught the imagination of how proper big oval racing should be - only running at one track has been another problem. At first they said that SCSA could not run on road courses, then they go and put some road courses on the 2006 calender. And like one team member said it's not gonna be very exciting watching 10 SCSA cars going round Brands not. The racing really isn't all that exciting, Always a wreck on the first two laps wiping out the majority of the field. Wealthy amateurs making up the majority of the field can't be helping it's professional image either.

Also of course the fact its changed it's name every year too! It's ended up the victim of it's own mis-management.

Numorous name changes has not helped . It's ok for the monority die hard motorsport fans but for the casual fan its its not good at all.

The web-site has always been nice looking but is comletly useless content wise. If you don't no alot about SCSA and you stumble accross the site you will soon leave.

SCSA has not been able to keep very important drivers which would make a series like this work, such as Peter Falding and Kevin Clarke in particular.

Ticket prices have always been terrible, although reduced now but to late.

I can already see what the race meeting at Brands is going to be, excellent action from the Pickups and Legends cars and dull spread out racing from SCSA.

If it was not for Legends and Pickups last couple of years SCSA would have vanished a long time ago.

Paying Jason Plato to race was a big joke aswell, that money could have been spent elswhere.

The cars and drivers are not easy to see at race meetings, they should be displayed like the Pickups are. not tucked away in a garage.

Representives like Rock Spokesman attacking and banning people who have negative points like a little child. Also thrwoing a wobbly and saying he is leaving the forum because he took certain people opnions personally.

Stating that ticket sales have gone up 300% on previous years, but in reality in past years they gave tickets away for free, even to people who were queing up to buy tickets.

Same old rubbish displays every meeting.

The one person who I do have respect for is Sonny Howard as he made EUROCARS and made it the most memrable national series over the last 10 years.

Unfortunally he has joined SCSA to late to change anything radical. Bet he is getting a nice bit of bunce though.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:32 (Ref:1455199)   #35
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:

Thats your and some other problems, you think you know more.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1455223)   #36
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Eurocars you are getting your facts wrong again. There is not always a wreck in the first two laps taking out the majority of the field. The biggest wreck I have seen involved four or five cars and was last August. Not exactly a majority of the field involved. I have seen races run well into the second half of the race before a caution comes out. There have only been two name changes and 4 and a half years of competition. The first one was due to a legal problem with the ASCAR name so they went for Days of Thunder but had to pay Paramount to use the name. SCSA was chosen and I feel it is the right name.

You can see the cars and drivers in the garages. At almost race meeting I have been to ( quite few since 1976) there have been cars in the pit garages and you can see the cars and meet the drivers but you have to give room for the teams to work on the cars. I have been in the garages plenty of times at an SCSA meeting and I have seen fans in there as well. Peter Falding was a stand in driver and Kevin Clarke spent most of his time in the pits with mechanicle problems.

Pick Ups have been on the support since 2001 are part of the SCSA and is the official feeder series.

Rock Spokeman has banned people from the SCSA forum for personal attacks not for posting negative points. If that was the case the SCSA forum would be empty.

I haven't many displays repeated at SCSA meetings. There have been a few but not many.

Sonny is doing great things in SCSA and will continue to do so. He has only been with SCSA for less than a year. Give him a chance.

At first all drivers were paid to race as there was no entrance fee and there was start and finishing money. I don't know the details of Jason's contract when he raced in ASCAR and I doubt if you know as well.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 13:54 (Ref:1455224)   #37
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It hasn't really caught the imagination of how proper big oval racing should be - only running at one track has been another problem. At first they said that SCSA could not run on road courses, then they go and put some road courses on the 2006 calender. And like one team member said it's not gonna be very exciting watching 10 SCSA cars going round Brands not.
What team/member?

Quote:
.... Wealthy amateurs making up the majority of the field can't be helping it's professional image either.
Amateurs? can you do better? Have you tried? It also takes a lot to be a Professional Driver, time and money, so odds are the racers have weekday jobs in order to pay the bills.

Quote:
Also of course the fact its changed it's name every year too! It's ended up the victim of it's own mis-management.

Numorous name changes has not helped . It's ok for the monority die hard motorsport fans but for the casual fan its its not good at all.
Name changes do not help, but how has the series been Mis-managed?

Quote:
SCSA has not been able to keep very important drivers which would make a series like this work, such as Peter Falding and Kevin Clarke in particular.
Who?
In what series are these gentlemen driving now?
HOW were they that important to the series?

Quote:
I can already see what the race meeting at Brands is going to be, excellent action from the Pickups and Legends cars and dull spread out racing from SCSA.

If it was not for Legends and Pickups last couple of years SCSA would have vanished a long time ago.
Rather biased towards the pickups and legends aren't you? Have a time machine? how can you know for certain that th Stock Cars won't be exciting?

Quote:
The cars and drivers are not easy to see at race meetings, they should be displayed like the Pickups are. not tucked away in a garage.
Oddly enough I've never had a problem talking to drivers IF I wanted to. As for the cars in the garage, the teams do need to work on them between sessions.

Quote:
Thats your and some other problems, you think you know more.

Perhaps because we do? To my knowledge you have insulted at least 1 member of a team, who has gotten where he is on merit. People who work in the sport just might know a bit more than you do.

You appear to be carrying baggage from another forum which is clouding your posts, your attitude is that i'm right everyone else is wrong. You are claiming people are attacking you, when in fact they are commenting on your posts. Now, call me a cynic, but surely if you are complainging about being attacked, you should try and keep your nose clean and not have a go at others.

You have been asked to provide a link to the accusations you are making based on another forum, are you able to supply a link to your source of information? If you are unable, please say so.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:23 (Ref:1455234)   #38
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
What team/member?
Steward Racing

Quote:
Amateurs? can you do better? Have you tried? It also takes a lot to be a Professional Driver, time and money, so odds are the racers have weekday jobs in order to pay the bills.
Yes past and present a fair amount are Amateus.

Quote:
Who? In what series are these gentlemen driving now? HOW were they that important to the series?
Kevin Clarke races a BMW in Britcar and Peter Falding races Brisca F1. These are drivers with championships under there belt, very entertaing on the track.
What have people like Mike Luck, Skid Carrera, Lee O'Keefe done. Oli Playe is no better, he is a liability. On and of the circuit.

Quote:
Rather biased towards the pickups and legends aren't you? Have a time machine? how can you know for certain that th Stock Cars won't be exciting?
Nt biased just stating that they produce good racing the same as I state SCSA does not. They won't be exciting because of the drivers or lack of in the championship next year.

Quote:
Oddly enough I've never had a problem talking to drivers IF I wanted to. As for the cars in the garage, the teams do need to work on them between sessions.
People always say the teams need to work on the cars, yes of course, but if they dont address the fans they wont be racing at all. The eurocar v8 drivers managed to set there cars up and be very people friendly.

You certainly don't no more than me from what your saying. Your just trying to leave a dream which is not going to happen.

Perhaps I am carrying baggage from another forum, you would to if you get accused of being other people every time someone says something negative. Being called a troll by Rock Spokesman.

Yes I have been asked to provide a link to and I have already stated in an earlier post why I can't at the moment.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1455238)   #39
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Yes I have been asked to provide a link to and I have already stated in an earlier post why I can't at the moment.
All you have said is and I quote 'that I can't at the moment.' No mention why
Old 8 Nov 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1455262)   #40
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
First of all ive been watching pickups since the start in 1997, I can assure you they will survive if SCSA goes poo. They have been racing up and down the country on road courses for years. Plus they have Mallory for oval action.
Sure they will survive, with all the other club racing classes where you only get 14 paying spectators.

Pick Ups are an important part of SCSA - the whole package would be less without them - they entertain relentlessly - but they couldn't headline in my opinion.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1455370)   #41
jase
Veteran

Quote:
You certainly don't know more than me from what your saying. You're just trying to live a dream which is not going to happen.
(sorry had to correct your English)
About SCSA, sure I don't know as much as others here, but for racing in general, I know a fair bit. Been around a fair few tracks, Nationally and Internationally. In many an official capacity.

Quote:
And a BS answer that is too.

Anyway, this is distracting from the thread.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:15 (Ref:1455403)   #42
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
About SCSA, sure I don't know as much as others here, but for racing in general, I know a fair bit. Been around a fair few tracks, Nationally and Internationally. In many an official capacity.
So have I, whats your point ?

It's not a BS answer, just the truth.

Quote:
Anyway, this is distracting from the thread.
Yes it is, so rather than throwing another insult about my spelling, how about telling me where the drivers are coming from for the 2006 SCSA championship.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1455411)   #43
Kicking-back
Veteran

Eurocars - we're interested to know what your background in the sport is?
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:21 (Ref:1455412)   #44
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:

It's not a BS answer, just the truth.

Yes it is, so rather than throwing another insult about my spelling, how about telling me where the drivers are coming from for the 2006 SCSA championship.
Duncan Gray has announced a new team for next year's SCSA championship and I expect many more annoucements on teams and driver before Easter comes around

As for you not posting the link to the forum that you read this rumour on. I think it doesn't exsists. I couldn't find it after an Internet search.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1455422)   #45
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Duncan Gray has indeed started a team, he also has completly no sponsors, what he has done is a regular used method of trying to gain sponsorship.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1455424)   #46
EUROCARS
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Eurocars - we're interested to know what your background in the sport is?
Thats nice
Old 8 Nov 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1455439)   #47
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
I think that Duncan will already have some sponsorship or he would not have made the announcment.

I still don't believe there ever was link to this 'forum'. The only thing my search engine came up with for SCSA and 2006 was your post.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 19:09 (Ref:1455469)   #48
jase
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
In what capacity?

Quote:
Thats nice
Hmm, makes accusations, but won't answer direct questions. Now that IS nice, and I too am of the opinion the forum article doesnt exist.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1455482)   #49
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK this thread is mainly bickering. So it has been closed.

Please consider your postings.

In addition there is another forum's problems spilling over here. We are not here to take over another forums problems.