Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 23 Apr 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3728706)   #176
TheDude
Racer

Portugal
Ourem
TheDude should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally
Old 23 Apr 2017, 13:54 (Ref:3728707)   #177
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They're lucky they're allowing the 8 Bentley to continue after all that.
Old 23 Apr 2017, 14:19 (Ref:3728710)   #178
kaivo
Racer

Estonia
kaivo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dat nissan engine is epic
Old 23 Apr 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3728711)   #179
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's just scary how that Nissan pulls away... even when the car behind is drafting. Worst car to be bottled up behind
Old 23 Apr 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3728712)   #180
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Just got in ... I'll think catch the race when it's uploaded to YouTube. From the comments it looks like this hasn't been the kind race to be following from the halfway point!
Old 23 Apr 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3728714)   #181
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen very little of the Audis except the #75. Were many taken out in the initial crash?
Old 23 Apr 2017, 15:17 (Ref:3728718)   #182
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"We were under the impression that when you're lodging a protest, you don't have to take the penalty"

"We were under the impression you could continue driving whilst it was being assessed"

Once again, M-Sport don't know the rules and messed it up. Whether or not they intentionally ignored the rules, or genuinely made an error, they're meant to be professionals and they continually get sporting regs wrong.
Old 23 Apr 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3728720)   #183
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Let's see if RJN can do a better job with their drive-through penalty
Old 23 Apr 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3728722)   #184
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
Yes, they did it right now...
Old 23 Apr 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3728726)   #185
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
FCY
Old 23 Apr 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3728729)   #186
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good race, there was something enjoyable all the time. Very serious race by the Lamborghini Grasser team.
Old 23 Apr 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3728730)   #187
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
Great race, apart from that Bentley incident...
btw great climb up the field by the HTP #84 and the #55 Ferrari
Old 23 Apr 2017, 21:10 (Ref:3728762)   #188
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm thinking that Bentley might want to see about getting a new factory team. You don't see the likes of WRT or Joest making these types of mistakes and screwing themselves.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3728934)   #189
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Edit - I'm as thick as three short planks. The English feed broadcast was on Nismo TV...

Last edited by J Jay; 24 Apr 2017 at 18:35.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3728937)   #190
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Edit - I'm as thick as three short planks. The English feed broadcast was on Nismo TV...

Gt world has both French and english...
Old 24 Apr 2017, 18:41 (Ref:3728941)   #191
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Gt world has both French and english...
At the risk of making myself look even more daft, can you link the English commentary stream please? I went to GT World (Youtube & Dailymotion) first, but even now all I can find is the French stream of the race uploaded, while there was both French and English for every other session.

The Nismo TV VoD with commentary doesn't work either, so I might have to dig out the old textbooks.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3728976)   #192
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
Zero sportsmanship from Bentley and Smith, these guys don´t deserve to race for a long time.
Attack is the best means of defence.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 21:14 (Ref:3728988)   #193
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Apart from when it gets you thrown out of the event. Then it's the worst means of defense.
Old 24 Apr 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3728991)   #194
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Apart from when it gets you thrown out of the event. Then it's the worst means of defense.
They were confident that the reason was on their side! Camus said that life is the sum of our choices. Choose wisely and fortune smiles upon you. But choose poorly? You never know what price you’ll have to pay...
Old 24 Apr 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3728995)   #195
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
We all knew exactly what price they'd pay. Ignore the race organises and you get black flagged. Its even written down in the magic boom of regulations and everything.

Doesn't take a philosopher to predict what was going to happen if Bentley continued the route they'd chosen.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 03:26 (Ref:3729036)   #196
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
It's written down in about every series' regs: ignore the officials long enough, they reserve the right to throw you out or stop scoring you until you serve the penalty.
Old 25 Apr 2017, 07:49 (Ref:3729060)   #197
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there was a lot of ego shown by Bentley, eat your humble pie and recalculate your strategy. Count yourself lucky you weren't one of the many cars whose race was ended by the contact you were involved in..
Old 25 Apr 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3729081)   #198
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If an F1 team had done what Bentley did they would face sanctions at the next race, could that apply here?
Old 25 Apr 2017, 09:02 (Ref:3729082)   #199
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
I'm not sure they will. If an F1 team had done what the AMG Mercedes teams did at Spa last year, they'd have been sanctioned too. All Mercedes got was moved to the back of the grid and then a stop and go penalty. That was mass organised technical violations and they got away relatively easily. Blancpain is good at taking immediate action, but there's no follow ups.
Old 26 Apr 2017, 20:16 (Ref:3729373)   #200
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
After having to cancel my trip to go to this one, I also was unable to watch it live which, from the sounds of it, may have been a blessing.

Avoided the scores and watched it in the evening (weirdly, first half on GT World before they removed it, second half on NismoTV) and it seemed to be an event of a bit of contrast.

The opening of the race, from the two pace laps to the crash, red flag and Bentley's DQ, was a bit farcical. But, from then on, it was the annual classic I have come to expect from Blancpain at Monza; an intriguing battle developing throughout and plenty of good stories and drama. Shame about the opening minutes (I was lucky I could skip the red flag period), but thoroughly enjoyed the rest.

People calling for sanctions and further penalties for the Bentley guys are OTT to me, but I wasn't in the heat of the moment. In a 5 race series, I think an enforced non-score is punishment enough and I look forward to seeing them in the rest of the championship.

Hope I can at least make it to Silverstone now!