Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Sep 2000, 11:07 (Ref:34538)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who's going? What's happening? Where will you be? Which days will you be there? Anyone going to the drags?

Marcus, Elphino, you guys are starters, right? Anyone else?
Old 2 Sep 2000, 11:37 (Ref:34539)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not me!
Old 2 Sep 2000, 12:01 (Ref:34541)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm a starter of course...working for 7th Gear, so all 4 days for me. Will be arriving on the 9th actually.

Where is a total mystery, I usually don't know where I'll be for each session until just before it starts, but that's normal for me.

Best time to meet up would be on the Thursday as not a lot is happening.

I won't go to the drags, never have actually.
Old 2 Sep 2000, 12:39 (Ref:34553)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
sadly i wont be on the gold coast at the time of the race..my holidays didnt line up the way I had hoped..missed it by 1 or 2 weeks..but I am looking forward to seeing the track and will be there right in the middle of when they are setting it all up..but i am hoping to get to either lakeside or QR during my stay up there.
I am staying just about on the track in a hotel on the Esplanade so I should be able to see quite a bit of whats happening ..hopefully there wont be alot of traffic confusion..but i dont know the area to well so I will have to wait and see.
Old 2 Sep 2000, 12:48 (Ref:34556)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will you be hiring a car, or using your legs (how's ya foot by the way?)? It shouldn't be too bad, just a bit slow, and a few roads off the main highway wont be accessable.
Old 2 Sep 2000, 13:02 (Ref:34565)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
we are actually driving all the way up there and using our own car..but i guess around town the feet will get a good workout..my foot is OK now ..still a bit sore but getting better by the day .
Old 2 Sep 2000, 13:11 (Ref:34568)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Thats's good to hear. I guess when you are in town before the race, you probably wont find too big a fuss over it around town (except for the construction), it seems to me as if the race is of minor importance....there might be the odd souvenier store selling T shirts, but it's not as if the place stops for the race.... but have a drive around the track, makes you appreciate how good those guys are...
Old 4 Sep 2000, 10:45 (Ref:34904)   #8
Andy H
Racer

Andy H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wish I was in Oz to enjoy this one but alas I won't be.

Still let me know of anything new or different that you think merits an update for the 10/10ths Circuit Guide.
Old 4 Sep 2000, 11:24 (Ref:34907)   #9
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marcus, gonna drop by to see me on the way past?
Old 4 Sep 2000, 14:04 (Ref:34941)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
taking the inland route there Elephino so I will be staying well away from Sydney..taking my wife to bathurst for the first time in her life..Im always on about it to her now she will get to see what its all about
Old 6 Sep 2000, 11:28 (Ref:35320)   #11
elephino
Veteran

Ah well. I think I'd choose Bathurst over seeing me too
Old 21 Oct 2000, 21:15 (Ref:43933)   #12
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Err, bit of a late correction here. I actually did get to go, for the first time since '91, when I went as a spectator. Sorry, I wasn't able to meet up with you guys, but I only found out I was going on the night of Wednesday the 11th, no time to arrange anything. Still I had great fun, will try and get back next year.
Old 21 Oct 2000, 23:00 (Ref:43948)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
David, by any chance would you have been driving FIV 3?? I swear it was either you or your clone driving it in your helmet and driving suit . Also was that Big Rev Trev Llewellyn in FIV 5?? He was giving the poor 4wd more than you, but i guess that is what you've come to expect from Trev....I've been in his Landcruiser and he gives that plenty
Old 24 Oct 2000, 09:10 (Ref:44450)   #14
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
'Twas me indeed and what a great time I had. Yes, BRT was another FIV driver along with Rob Clatworthy, a rally guy and a Formula Vee driver from Sydney. I know I wasn't the fastest because it was my first time and I was trying so hard to do everything right and not make a mistake. I'm also glad to announce that I wasn't the slowest either, the medicos made that very clear.