Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Oct 2001, 11:33 (Ref:165217)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sebring Assignments

I am trying to get credentials for Sebring and one of the things I need is an assignment. Jen at Parc Ferme has graciously agreed to write me the letter. But I need to know what you guys want to read about. As you did such a good job of giving me questions for David Brabham, I am back for some more ideas.

If you have any requests for interviews or any particular aspect of Sebring that interests you, I'd like to hear about it so I can include it in the assignment letter.

Crank up those imaginations, please!
Old 25 Oct 2001, 14:24 (Ref:165315)   #2
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing that I've always wondered about Sebring si, what do the drivers think of racing round a converted airstrip compaired with somewhere like Le Mans which is mainly public roads or Road Atlanta which is a purpose built circuit (or even the Daytona Roval).

Another angle would be comparing the type of fans who go to Sebring, how similar or different are they to those of us who go to Le Mans each year?
Old 2 Nov 2001, 22:09 (Ref:168982)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You might ask the drivers how they cope with the warm day, cold night and the incredible pounding from the bumpy concrete. I have seen a lap of Sebring from a Riley & Scott and it is amazing how many times you hear a little rev spike as the rear tires come off the ground on the seams. Dr. Panoz may have taken care of these with all the renovations he has done.
Old 13 Nov 2001, 12:30 (Ref:173975)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've made a contact with the Porsche people (in connection with something I'm doing on Lucas Luhr). Any interest in Things Porsche? History or present?