Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > The Driver Files

Old 19 Sep 2009, 19:06 (Ref:2543986)   #1
ianric
Rookie

ianric should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williamson, Roger

Roger Williamson was another great driver. He was racing F3 when I was racing Special Saloons in the Forward Trust Championship. We were on nodding terms as we would see each other at many meetings. He was a fine F3 driver who caught the eye of Donnington owner Tom Wheatcroft who put him in an Ensign F1, I think. Sadly another premature death of a talented driver.
I am sorry that I do not have any stats, I never really kept any, not even my own but I am sure that here will be someone who can fill in the details of this driver. I would say great but sadly he never got the chance to shine. His F3 driving wasn't that shabby though.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 18:27 (Ref:2726695)   #2
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A Great Friend.

Rog' was one of my best mates, and as you know, I still miss the bloke. I have often said that the two greatest influences on my career in racing, which spanned ten or twelve years or more were Rog' and Gerry. Both now sadly gone.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2730206)   #3
RS250
Rookie

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
RS250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Gerry, I remember you and Roger both racing Anglias with success, is that how you met? By the way,for anyone interested in Roger, 'The Lost Generation' by David Tremayne is an absolute must read. It is quite simply one of the finest books on motor sport ever written.
Old 9 Nov 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3329314)   #4
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Roger & Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS250 View Post
Hi Gerry, I remember you and Roger both racing Anglias with success, is that how you met? By the way,for anyone interested in Roger, 'The Lost Generation' by David Tremayne is an absolute must read. It is quite simply one of the finest books on motor sport ever written.
Hi matey, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but missed this enquiry. Yes, I used to watch Rog' and always admired his style. Laurie Hickman ( a name that most will have forgotten) was another I admired; both no nonsense heads down drivers. I was never as good as Rog' but based my driving style on his. Wonderful mate to have had. Sad loss. Thanks, Gerry.