Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 27 Aug 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3846588)   #1
tlracing
Rookie

tlracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom Pryce exhibition

Denbigh Museum currently has an exhibition about the career of Tom Pryce. It runs until 1 November and is thoroughly worth a visit.

It covers Pryce's rise through the various formulae in British club racing, to his victory in the Monaco F3 race and on to Formula One with the Token and Shadow teams.

There are a number of items on display including his trophies and one of his helmets.

You can be assured of a warm welcome from the museum staff too!

Opening times are Monday & Thursday, 2-4pm. The Denbigh Museum is on Grove Road, Denbigh, LL16 3UU
Old 28 Aug 2018, 07:35 (Ref:3846680)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlracing View Post
Denbigh Museum currently has an exhibition about the career of Tom Pryce. It runs until 1 November and is thoroughly worth a visit.

It covers Pryce's rise through the various formulae in British club racing, to his victory in the Monaco F3 race and on to Formula One with the Token and Shadow teams.

There are a number of items on display including his trophies and one of his helmets.

You can be assured of a warm welcome from the museum staff too!

Opening times are Monday & Thursday, 2-4pm. The Denbigh Museum is on Grove Road, Denbigh, LL16 3UU
Are those details correct-just 2 hours two days a week?
Old 28 Aug 2018, 20:09 (Ref:3846776)   #3
tlracing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Are those details correct-just 2 hours two days a week?
The museum is quite new and is run by volunteers, so currently opening times are limited. However they are very happy to open at other times by arrangement.

The Tom Pryce exhibition came about as a result of a promise made by a friend of the Pryce family that he would find a way for the town to celebrate the local driver's life.
Old 29 Aug 2018, 07:00 (Ref:3846819)   #4
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
We are on our way to Lleyn peninsula in ten days and I''d love to see this en route. I saw Tom Pryce win his only F1 race from track side (RoC , Brands 1975 ) and was a fan from his F100 days . Any contact details as 2-4 is too late for our timing ?
Old 29 Aug 2018, 14:02 (Ref:3846890)   #5
tlracing
Rookie

Hi - yes, if you contact Gwyneth Kensler at the address below, I'm sure she will try to help:

gwyneth.kensler@denbighshire.gov.uk

Have a great holiday and I hope you're able to get to Denbigh!
Old 29 Aug 2018, 16:38 (Ref:3846915)   #6
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Many thanks. I will report back .
Old 13 Sep 2018, 17:27 (Ref:3849915)   #7
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
We visited on Monday and really enjoyed the exhibition . Nothing flash , very like the early days of the Jim Clark Rooms at Duns, and lots of ephemera , trophies and so on .I donated a race programme from 1971 , Oulton Park , when Tom was racing F100.

Thanks for alerting us to it -now open until end of next month I think.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3849925)   #8
tlracing
Rookie

Glad to hear you were able to make it and enjoyed the exhibition!

I found I had Autocourse for the 76 & 77 seasons so they will be there with your programme.

It is now extended so every reason to make the trip.