Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Oct 2018, 16:41 (Ref:3857326)   #351
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Not sure if it was tounge-and-cheek or serious, but there was a hint of Porsche GT team running special livery at Daytona. If so then I suggest Champion and Rohr livery. Having 3 or 4 911 RSRs there would be awesome and thankful as well!
Old 17 Oct 2018, 17:42 (Ref:3857338)   #352
MaskedRacer
Veteran

The Ford GT never seemed to be best car in the field at night. I don't think the car has ever won Sebring nor the Petit Le Mans. The two races that finish at night. Fading in the last hour again shows this.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 17:53 (Ref:3857340)   #353
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Not sure if it was tounge-and-cheek or serious, but there was a hint of Porsche GT team running special livery at Daytona. If so then I suggest Champion and Rohr livery. Having 3 or 4 911 RSRs there would be awesome and thankful as well!
I saw it in a few articles about Petit so I think IMSA will be pushing for special liveries related to IMSA 50th anniversary for 2019. I think we will see old IMSA liveries on the Porsches over international ones.
Old 17 Oct 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3857372)   #354
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I hadn't noticed this until today, but the 3rd place Mazda had to go on the grass to take the checkered flag and get past the ailing Action Express car. RvZ posted a link to the final lap on twitter and you can see the Mazda go wide. I think it was the 55 with Pigot aboard

https://twitter.com/Rengervdz/status...45692466900992
Old 17 Oct 2018, 21:00 (Ref:3857384)   #355
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I hadn't noticed this until today, but the 3rd place Mazda had to go on the grass to take the checkered flag and get past the ailing Action Express car. RvZ posted a link to the final lap on twitter and you can see the Mazda go wide. I think it was the 55 with Pigot aboard

https://twitter.com/Rengervdz/status...45692466900992
Crazy.

Yeah, best race I've seen in a bit. Sure, there were some ugly parts, but all 10 hrs can't perfect!
Old 18 Oct 2018, 02:34 (Ref:3857421)   #356
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If we take in mind what we have thought at the beginning of the year, I think it was a lot better than what we expected. There wasn't a Cadillac or Acura strong domination, even the P2 cars were part of the action in most races, and the Mazdas did it better than the most crazy expectations. Some races were rare, as Mid Ohio, but at least I'm very happy with how it all was.

We all want diversity of cars and engines, but beside costs, and looking at the WEC I think IMSA did it very well.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 12:37 (Ref:3857921)   #357
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bernard View Post
It was informative and may have worked better for you onsite where you could look where you wanted, but for online viewers it was oddly disconnected from what was on screen much of the time. It sounded more like a talk show about racing than guys talking about the race they were watching.
You shouldn't expect the commentary to match what you can see on screen - It's a radio commentary not a TV commentary.

They don't commentate to the TV pictures but use the timing screens and look out of the window at what is happening in front of them.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 15:56 (Ref:3857946)   #358
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
You shouldn't expect the commentary to match what you can see on screen - It's a radio commentary not a TV commentary.

They don't commentate to the TV pictures but use the timing screens and look out of the window at what is happening in front of them.
The only problem with that is their voices are put over the video and therefore MANY people have it as TV commentary, regardless of where they get their info.

4 people covering a 10 hr event is simply not enough but they did just well enough for me.
Old 20 Oct 2018, 21:57 (Ref:3858004)   #359
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post

And they are actually watching the IMSA feed in the booth so they should be some what aware of the feed but seem to forget it often. They are THE audio to the IMSA.tv feed. Just feels to me like they have their own thing going and forget the race is going on often
Old 24 Oct 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3858988)   #360
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I saw it in a few articles about Petit so I think IMSA will be pushing for special liveries related to IMSA 50th anniversary for 2019. I think we will see old IMSA liveries on the Porsches over international ones.
It would be nice to see the Brumos colors, which had significant record in IMSA, and mostly on Porsches.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3859096)   #361
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
It would be nice to see the Brumos colors, which had significant record in IMSA, and mostly on Porsches.
My vote is for Champion and Rohr...either white (1998) or yellow version (1997)