Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 24 Mar 2009, 17:16 (Ref:2423756)   #1
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
olly83 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans, Wishful thinking?

Am I right in thinking that Codemasters have the license for using the Le Mans name and cars? They appeared in Grid but due to the arcadey handling and small grids it was a bit of a waste.

How amazing would it be if they used the license to create a Le Mans based multi class sportscar game for ps3/360?!!

They are supposed to be going down the sim/accessible route with the F1 game, imagine if we had a serious Le Mans game with large fields, multiple classes, Day/night transitions and realistic crashes/reliability. They could incorporate the LMS or ALMS series and have Sebring and Petit Le Mans.

I've got myself rather worked up!
What would you like to see in a Le Mans game?
Old 24 Mar 2009, 19:38 (Ref:2423864)   #2
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seems to be a 'trend' in sims on consoles these days, i wouldnt be surprised!

I would love to see this, mabey adding more tracks from ALMS and LMS and throw in a few cars from previous seasons (Bently...), good force feedback support and there you go.

Im sure we will see plenty of P1's in Forza 3, im really looking foward to that.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 19:55 (Ref:2423873)   #3
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Codemasters license is not exclusive, so you could get Le Mans from someone else.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2424128)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you have a decent PC you can download LeMans for rFactor.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 05:42 (Ref:2424183)   #5
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be honest the only good Current day Sportscar add ons for Rfactor are the Epsilon (which is not the easiest of car's to drive to say the least) but that is only one car, ILMS which is reasonably good but i find it a bit boring to drive, whilst the SCC ALMS mod is good, and, much better with the imrpoved prototype sounds you can download of Rfactor Central.

However, best bet is to wait for the Endurance Series mod for Rfactor, s'far as im aware it will have the Zytek 06S, LMP1 Lola, Epsilon, RS Spyder 2006 Porsche, MG Lola, Courage C65, DBR9, S7R, Porsche 996 GT3 RSR, 997 RSR Porsche and the Spyker and hopefully the BMW M3 GTR E46.

By the looks of the progress on that mod recently as well it looks like its no more than a couple of months from release at most, best bet is to wait for that.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 07:18 (Ref:2424207)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a mod that has the 956 or 962, or the Sauber C9 for that matter. I saw them all racing last weekend at Phillip Island. Wow!!!!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 11:25 (Ref:2424362)   #7
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
I've played Rfactor but to be honest it leaves me a bit cold, I prefer pick up and play 'sims' like Forza and GT.

I realise they aren't as accurate as a PC sim but I prefer to slouch on my sofa and play games on my tv. i'm not interested in steering wheel setups, i haven't the time space or money to go down that route!

I am also a sucker for nice graphics and effects and Rfactor feels a bit bland in that department.

The endurance mod has taken sooo long in development that I got bored of waiting and bought myself a 360 and Forza2!!
Old 25 Mar 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2424631)   #8
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Is there a mod that has the 956 or 962, or the Sauber C9 for that matter. I saw them all racing last weekend at Phillip Island. Wow!!!!
There is the Prototype C mod in development for Rfactor based on F1 Challenges Proto C mod, and that was bloody fantastic in every way, however, that mod like the Endurance series mod has been in development for a very very long time and looks like it wont be out for a while.

The problem with Rfactor is that for Sportscar fans there is really very little out there, everything is either a conversion and doesnt look very nice and has reasonably good physics but god awful sounds and is out of date by a LOOOONG time (SCC ALMS mod only simulates 2001, 2002 and 2003), the ILMS is chock full of pretty rubbish fictional skins and the sounds are horrendous.(Personally for that mod ive changed some things around, using Enduracers Epsilon sounds for the Pescarolo, Champcar 2007 sounds for the RS Spyder, SCC sounds for the R8, MG Lola and F1 1979 and F1 1991 sounds for the Dome's, just to induce a little more realism.)

And to be fair, in terms of Sportscar mods, ive had enough of there being 3 or 4 Porsche Carrera cup mod's out, those car's are simply some of the dullest race cars out there. Hopefully not long until the Endurance series mod, it will almost certainly be one of the best mod's out there for Rfactor.

On a side note though, the fantastic Touring Car Legends mod is finally released, now that is one mod that has been in the works for a very very long time but my god is it worth it, its a fantastically well rounded mod in every way, definetely one of my favorites.
Old 25 Mar 2009, 20:27 (Ref:2424725)   #9
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be amazing to see a game like that. Have ALMS, LMS and Le Mans.

You could also include other series such as Formula Le Mans, the full IMSA roster (Atlantics, Star Mazda, Formula BMW USA, IMSA Lites, Patron GT3s etc) to give the game more depth.

The Codemasters F1 game could be a good basis from a technical standpoint. They are laser-scanning the tracks and have a very accurate surface system (simulates rubber being laid down on a racing line, the spread of oil on the track etc).
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 26 Mar 2009, 10:35 (Ref:2425140)   #10
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
The Codemasters F1 game could be a good basis from a technical standpoint. They are laser-scanning the tracks and have a very accurate surface system (simulates rubber being laid down on a racing line, the spread of oil on the track etc).
Thats what I thought. Since they are making a sensible sim they may be able to adapt the games engine to create a Le Mans game.

Maybe i'll send them an email and suggest it!!!
Old 26 Mar 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2425541)   #11
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've thought about this for years now. Especially with the way the ALMS races have been lately. Anybody who watched any of last seasons races or Sebring last weekend knows the kind of great racing that goes on.

The in car decisions that have to go on in order to negotiate the traffic would be a LOT of fun to do in a sim-like game. There would need to be consequences if you get held up in traffic. Just like real life you would lose time if you didn't get through the traffic cleanly. If there was a game like this the speed differences would have to be realistic. For instance, in GRID I have had races where I was in a GT2 car and beaten LMP1 car. Of course another thing that would have to happen is there would have to be BIG grids. If there was traffic but you only caught 1 gt car each lap it wouldn't be very fun and a lot of the challenge would be taken away with it. The speed differences that go along with multi-class racing would produce a unique experience that would make it stand out from other games.

What you could do for a career mode is have the full ALMS and LMS calenders with all the official cars and tracks. You would choose the series and race the season. If you finished the season in say, the top 3 in points in your class, then you would get invited to race Le Mans unlike GRID where you automatically get to race there. I would love to see some of the lesser used American tracks like Lime Rock, Mid-Ohio, Long Beach, Road Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Road America, and Mosport in video game. Now couple that with the great European tracks of Spa-Francorchamps, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Portimao, and Barcelona. That would be one of the greatest if not THE greatest track lists ever.

Then of course there is Le Mans. There has yet to be a console game that really does it right. Gran Turismo 4 got the track right, but without correct cars running together and without the day/night change, it lost its appeal quickly. GRID ahd the Day/Night change and the cars right, but they messed with the track and the handling wasn't right. A game that combines accurate car lists, Day/Night change, accurate track, and realistic physics along with a large grid size would have the potential to be one of the best ever.

Of course the potential is there, but I just don't see any developer outside of codemasters making such a game. But my god it would be amazing!
Old 3 Apr 2009, 00:05 (Ref:2431946)   #12
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can anyone remember "Le Mans 24 Hours" on the dreamcast? Just give me that game on a 360 anyday! Oh and F1 09!
Old 3 Apr 2009, 01:17 (Ref:2431972)   #13
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the ps2 version of that game. Great game. Give it an update to modern standards and that would be great.
Old 4 Apr 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2433620)   #14
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlongman View Post
I have the ps2 version of that game. Great game. Give it an update to modern standards and that would be great.

I actually forgot about the PS2 version. I remember me and my cousin doing the full 24 hours. I did 3 hours then my cousin did 3 hours and vise-versa. The only thing i didn't like about it was no damage mode!
Old 8 Apr 2009, 19:45 (Ref:2436936)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83 View Post

An accurate simulation of Le Mans. Period.
Old 19 Apr 2009, 22:58 (Ref:2445041)   #16
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83 View Post

A accurate Ford GT40!
Old 20 Apr 2009, 03:49 (Ref:2445159)   #17
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a plan!!! I purchased a PS3 about 7/8 months ago and I am struggling to find a really good sim-type road/circuit racing game. The only one I have is the F1 game.
When is F1 09 suppose to come out?
Anyone know of any other good racing games on PS3?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 21 Apr 2009, 18:37 (Ref:2446491)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supercar Challenge?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 19:00 (Ref:2446514)   #19
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
When is F1 09 suppose to come out?
October apparently, although this hasn't been confirmed by Codemasters. There is some speculation (following a comment in the Official UK PlayStation magazine) that the launch might be put back until 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
Anyone know of any other good racing games on PS3?
I would recommend Colin McRae DiRT and GT5 Prologue.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 19:20 (Ref:2446534)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
oh, and dont get DIRT 2 if you dont like extreme sports such as skateboarding etc..
Old 22 Apr 2009, 04:16 (Ref:2446740)   #21
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Sweet. Thanks for your help. It does seem pretty limited for racing games on ps3 at the moment.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 22 Apr 2009, 04:18 (Ref:2446741)   #22
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Supercar Challenge?
What's this game about?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 23 Apr 2009, 09:30 (Ref:2447652)   #23
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74706

F1 2009 will be out on the Wii and PSP this year.

F1 2010 will be out on the PS3, X360 and PC next year.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 23 Apr 2009, 11:05 (Ref:2447723)   #24
olly83
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74706

F1 2009 will be out on the Wii and PSP this year.

F1 2010 will be out on the PS3, X360 and PC next year.

Well that's just brilliant, only a year to wait!

Are there any promising Xbox racers on the horizon that might keep me occupied till 2010?

Still no Le Mans game then....?!!
Old 23 Apr 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2447792)   #25
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ahh geez i remeber the First Le Mans game on the ps1 haha good times trying to unlock all the cars, also i loved the intro video. the ps2 game was great aswell but i always felt cheated that it was only a 24car field.