Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 23 Apr 2009, 16:30 (Ref:2447961)   #26
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly13 View Post
What's this game about?
Its aiming at Forza/Gran Turismo type genre, dont know much about it (dont have a PS3)

if in doubt, google it!
Old 1 Feb 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2623354)   #27
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
If you have a decent PC you can download LeMans for rFactor.
And for GTR2 ..... Le Mans 2007 and 1967 too .
Old 6 Feb 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2628121)   #28
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT5 will cover almost all the requests for LM. The cars, the tracks, day/night, damage and enduro's.Weather too and will do it better than all before it.
Only a few months to go
Old 7 Feb 2010, 11:47 (Ref:2628477)   #29
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember... Forza 3 has great online has most of the ALMS cars from the past few years, and if there are any cars/liveries missing, you can go on the storefront and download a Pesca livery for your RS Spyder (Which can be upgraded to P1 spec!) or an Oreca livery for your ARX-01 (Can also be upgraded!) or download a Kolles R10, or download the #3 or #2 Audi R15 rather than the one that comes with the game. Its got all the GT cars too, I shall be making the LMS Schnitzer BMW as soon as I see it this year!

But im sure GT5 will be fine with its small selection of modern Prototypes.
Old 7 Feb 2010, 19:01 (Ref:2628720)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Only a few months to go"

Poloyphony or should that be Moneyphony have put back the date again apparently

Not until autumn now

At least Forza can release their games on time relatively and dont waste peoples time like this.

I am so glad I have a PC to race sims on, poor old PS3 owners get a rough deal!!
Old 10 Feb 2010, 01:34 (Ref:2630336)   #31
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know what your saying about the time delay but Im personally not that concerned. I spent the last 12months building the car in my avatar so I have had little time to enjoy sim racing! I have to say sim racing is far easier on the pocket and enviroment than the real deal..
I was going to buy the 360 and wheel but Im not keen on the way the wheel works regarding FF so have put it on hold for the time being. It looks good and would like to try it some time.
Just downloaded 'live for speed' whihc I will test out soon. I have RFactor but have trouble setting it up so it is an orniment on my program files atm.
Old 19 Feb 2010, 15:51 (Ref:2636373)   #32
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
LFS is great, worked amazingly well on my laptop, and you can now use the xbox 360 wheel for the PC! You need to buy a wireless adapter (not to be mixed up with the network adapter!) and apparently it works with PC sims.
Old 9 Mar 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2648519)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by olly83 View Post
I've played Rfactor but to be honest it leaves me a bit cold....

It's funny this, as I've always felt this about Rfactor. Technically good, but a sim with no soul.

I've just revisited my mis-spent youth (well, OK, not youth exactly! ) by running an offline race at Monza in an Eagle in my beloved GPL. And it still bloody well beats everything else into a cocked hat! Considering I've hardly turned half a dozen laps in GPL in 6 years, I was quite pleased with my admittedly modest 1:29.45 race lap. OK, it's over a second and a half off where I was when in my GPL prime, but back then I spent hours and hours on the sim.

I'd still dearly love a really good Le Mans sim with a Group C mod, but in the meantime I'll content myself with what is still the best of them all.
Old 10 Mar 2010, 22:02 (Ref:2649201)   #34
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

I've just revisited my mis-spent youth (well, OK, not youth exactly! ) by running an offline race at Monza in an Eagle in my beloved GPL. And it still bloody well beats everything else into a cocked hat! Considering I've hardly turned half a dozen laps in GPL in 6 years, I was quite pleased with my admittedly modest 1:29.45 race lap. OK, it's over a second and a half off where I was when in my GPL prime, but back then I spent hours and hours on the sim.
I'm sometimes tempted to set up GPL again, but I don't think I have my collection of updated cars/sounds anymore. I'm also not sure whether it would run on Windows 7.

Would be good to try it now I have a 'proper' wheel though!
Old 15 Apr 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2673332)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Go for it Spud - I suspect you'll enjoy it even more after a long time away - I certainly am
Old 18 Apr 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2675258)   #36
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
LFS is great, worked amazingly well on my laptop, and you can now use the xbox 360 wheel for the PC! You need to buy a wireless adapter (not to be mixed up with the network adapter!) and apparently it works with PC sims.
Funnily enough I was discussing the 360 wheel and PC with a friend over Easter. The snag with it is the force feedback doesn't work when using it on a PC which IMO is really stupid. Microsoft dropped the ball on that one.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2675772)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My good old Momo Force is still doing the business, I'm pleased to say.....
Old 21 Sep 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2762754)   #38
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
An accurate simulation of Le Mans. Period.
Sorry I have come to this late, but Im a bit confused...though Im blonde and from Essex before you lot start.

I have a game, which I got for my PS2 (yes I know...im old) called Le Mans 24 hour, its stamped up by the A.C.O and has the old circuit on it from 2000. with the fairground down just past the dunlop bridge. It has the Audi R8, the BMW and also the panoz etc...up to 70 different cars.
You can have the race as 24 minutes, 240 minutes or indeed 24 hours (which I did and it released a group C race!) You can also do the ALMS and also Petite Le Mans as well. with Donington park also etc

This game was made by INFOGAMES but what I wanna know is.....is there now an up to date version with all the same features as this game (ie you can actually run it as a 24 hour race) but with the new cars?
Old 22 Sep 2010, 01:10 (Ref:2762808)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Sorry I have come to this late, but Im a bit confused...though Im blonde and from Essex before you lot start.

I have a game, which I got for my PS2 (yes I know...im old) called Le Mans 24 hour, its stamped up by the A.C.O and has the old circuit on it from 2000. with the fairground down just past the dunlop bridge. It has the Audi R8, the BMW and also the panoz etc...up to 70 different cars.
You can have the race as 24 minutes, 240 minutes or indeed 24 hours (which I did and it released a group C race!) You can also do the ALMS and also Petite Le Mans as well. with Donington park also etc

This game was made by INFOGAMES but what I wanna know is.....is there now an up to date version with all the same features as this game (ie you can actually run it as a 24 hour race) but with the new cars?
I've got that game too, its a good game except for the graphics on PS2. There is no updated version available which is a shame because the game is quite enjoyable. It would be good if INFOGAMES made a version for the present day I'd certainly buy it.

Love the intro too.
Old 22 Sep 2010, 01:53 (Ref:2762814)   #40
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
..............Love the intro too.
My son loves that intro....he will sit right the way through it before starting it.

yes graphics poor, particulary in multi player mode but, it is a great Le Mans game.

May need to do some more digging I think
Old 22 Sep 2010, 06:18 (Ref:2762846)   #41
JABWOA
Veteran

Australia
3rd star to the left
JABWOA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The PS2 was rather playable (myself and two fellow loonies did two 24 hour races) but while there was a PC version released shortly after, it's terribly crap - very much an arcade racer and a poor one at that.)
Old 24 Sep 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2764114)   #42
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
GT5 has the Le Mans license.

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo...ng-at-le-mans/

http://www.gtplanet.net/stunning-gt5...-at-la-sarthe/

Old 24 Sep 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2764117)   #43
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grid has it too i seem to remeber
Old 25 Sep 2010, 00:26 (Ref:2764235)   #44
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
I haven't looked forward to a GT release like this since GT2. PS3 + GT5 + G25 = Can't wait. Roll on November 5th!
Old 28 Sep 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2765895)   #45
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Wow, the graphics have come along way since the 2000 game!!

looks great
Old 28 Sep 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2766134)   #46
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't wait it's looking good.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 07:14 (Ref:2768925)   #47
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Its been going along at the pace of a snail for the past five years apparently.
Old 5 Oct 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2770040)   #48
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Recieved my PS3 last week, Logitech DFGT, Wheel Stand Pro and Eye camera for headtracking came this week.
Old 12 Oct 2010, 14:55 (Ref:2773837)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
GT5 has the Le Mans license.
That's when I get really cheesed off that I can't have this for my PC.......
Old 12 Oct 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2774019)   #50
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Hopefully I can score myself a cheap Logitech in the next few months so I can enjoy SCL, can't wait!