Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Jan 2003, 00:13 (Ref:488862)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THE Pass - New Artwork

http://www.tomotorsports.com/

Go to this site and search for "Artwork - NEW" and take a look at a fabulous signed piece of artwork showing who really won the IRL 500.

I'm going to order one of these!
Old 29 Jan 2003, 00:32 (Ref:488874)   #2
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I so wish either Tracy passed HCN on the straight before, or that HCN hadnt lifted and stayed ahead. The nightmare of controversy post-race hasnt been good for the sport

Last edited by Russfeld; 29 Jan 2003 at 00:34.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 01:10 (Ref:488905)   #3
Minardi4eva
Rookie

Minardi4eva should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pathetic,Tracy lagged and he intentionally sparked all this ****. Or maybe it was Redon,Green....I dunno....
Old 29 Jan 2003, 01:18 (Ref:488910)   #4
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice painting, if the cars weren't so ugly, I might actually want one! But, I guess it was an accurate representation...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 29 Jan 2003, 01:38 (Ref:488929)   #5
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Someone should give a copy to Tony George.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 01:45 (Ref:488936)   #6
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And I thought you people considered the "IRL 500" just another race.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 02:02 (Ref:488945)   #7
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PT's the exception, we like him around here.

_Damn_ though, those butt-ugly cars just ruin the image.

Last edited by Lee Janotta; 29 Jan 2003 at 02:02.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 03:10 (Ref:488981)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is just another race, but when a driver is robbed of what was HIS victory, then something just plain stinks about it.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 04:07 (Ref:489012)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
I so wish either Tracy passed HCN on the straight before, or that HCN hadnt lifted and stayed ahead. The nightmare of controversy post-race hasnt been good for the sport
Au contraire - it won Tracy the "Most Popular Driver" award and he was even kind enough to thank TG for it!

And look at all the T-shirts and stickers that have come out, not to mention this excellent painting.

Not to mention that excellent website www.crapwagon.com
Old 29 Jan 2003, 04:26 (Ref:489023)   #10
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Liz. I like it...
Old 29 Jan 2003, 06:34 (Ref:489069)   #11
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Nah... I won't even say it.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 08:09 (Ref:489115)   #12
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People people, GET OVER IT!
Old 29 Jan 2003, 12:23 (Ref:489340)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Look, in F1 they are still arguing about Jerez 1997. Real Racing Fans NEVER Get Over It.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 15:14 (Ref:489506)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, if that doesn't put the cost into perspective.

My (defunct? Or dormant?) poster was coming in at something like $70 to $90 Canadian, and I just couldn't justify it for myself. Now they've gone and stolen my idea.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 29 Jan 2003, 15:38 (Ref:489529)   #15
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just laughed a little at myself. Saw the topic and said, "Yeah, another picture of Zanardi at Laguna in '96? Cool..." Imagine my surprise when I realized "THE pass" meant something else entirely to someone else. I guess I'm getting old. :-)

keke
Old 29 Jan 2003, 17:30 (Ref:489657)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that too keke...
But nevertheless, an important pass, that of Tracy, albeit not represented in the official standings...
Old 29 Jan 2003, 17:57 (Ref:489681)   #17
gaines
Racer

gaines should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And I thought you people considered the "IRL 500" just another race.
Before last year I still thought the Indy 500 was a great race, despite it being turned into a series event instead of the grand specticle of racing it used to be. However, when TG spent months of stall time before announcing the real winner and then refusing what everybody else saw, despite crybaby screaming, "He passed me under yellow" after he was passed and the yellow light came on, that put the final nail in the coffin for me. If Paul Tracy would have been a signed IRL driver he would have drank the milk. It would have been CART's third straight victory on Memorial Day. That's the real reason TG decided with Helio and the only reason. I know I read about fifteen articles on that race and all but one thought that Tracy won the race. The only two who didn't? Jack Arute, the IRL's loverboy. For that reason the Indy 500 is a shadow of it's former self. Not only do you not get the best racecars anymore, you don't even get the right winner.

Jack Arute...Jack Arute wouldn't know a good race car if it ran over him.
Old 29 Jan 2003, 19:36 (Ref:489781)   #18
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was kinda funny how TG didn't really embrace Team Penske as one of the IRL's own until this happened. As soon as Paul passed Helio and that yellow came out, Team Penske was the IRL's team. Before that they were a CART refugee...
Old 29 Jan 2003, 22:48 (Ref:489975)   #19
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought this was gonna be Zanardi on Herta at Laguna.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 00:13 (Ref:490039)   #20
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had not planned to buy this but I was at Toronto Motorsports today and saw the print. It is very nice. It is really well done. Paul Huntington (the artist) does great work.

I ended up buying one. I hear they are selling very quickly.

Finishing second (first) probably did as much for Paul's popularity as if he had been declared the winner.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 00:22 (Ref:490049)   #21
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cart's got more out of Paul getting 2nd than the IRL got from Helio's 1st.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 00:22 (Ref:490050)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Maybe more, actually. He says so himself.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 08:00 (Ref:490269)   #23
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Snout is so right, and it's so funny.

I'm curious as to the artist's portfolio. Is he a true auto racing fan, or just a starving artist jumping at a great opportunity? Because if he were a true fan, I'd think he'd have come up with another title for his work.

"The Pass" is, and always will be, Zanardi / Herta.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 08:10 (Ref:490276)   #24
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, "The Farce" would be a better title.
Old 30 Jan 2003, 09:16 (Ref:490296)   #25
evo
Veteran

Canada
Medicine Hat
evo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, I will never remember it as "the pass", mainly because he put all four wheels off the track to do it. Any racing series I've ever run you can't do that if you don't want a penalty.