Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Apr 2004, 01:51 (Ref:935584)   #1
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Atlanta area model shops?

Can any locals direct me to some good model shops in the area? My primary interest is 1/24 scale plastic kits though I do also collect diecast (1/18 and 1/43). Was wondering if there are any specialty hobby stores that concentrate on motorsports/racing? Indianapolis had Gearheads, but now that I'm back South I was wondering what Atlanta had to offer.
Old 10 Apr 2004, 04:32 (Ref:935619)   #2
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure what you are looking for, Mike. I mean, they aren't that hard to find, but most shops down here are NASCAR-oriented. Judging by your screen name, I don't presume that interests you.
Old 10 Apr 2004, 12:06 (Ref:935769)   #3
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Mike, if you are looking for 1/24 kits down there the best thing I can say is to try and order one through a dealer down there. This is what I had to do to get the 01 Texaco Porsche GT-1 from Revell.
Old 10 Apr 2004, 12:11 (Ref:935772)   #4
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
gsmith,

Hell, I saw the Revell Texaco GT-1 in Hobby Lobby yesterday off of Pleasnt Hill Road in Duluth for 13$ and it was going for 50% off of that!

On the IMSA board someone recommeneded Automotif up in Smyrna, ever been there?
Old 10 Apr 2004, 16:02 (Ref:935876)   #5
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't say I have; I'm not well-traveled in Cobb County. Given the name, though, it seems like a good bet.
Old 10 Apr 2004, 16:35 (Ref:935891)   #6
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
Actually turns out Automotif closed in January....
Old 11 Apr 2004, 15:17 (Ref:936543)   #7
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But it was a good store. Just up the road from the back gate to NAS Atlanta. A throw back to old times. You could actually find great deals or surprises buried in the stacks of kits, mags and book, etc. That is if you weren't afraid to dig a little...

Sad to see it go as it was only a couple of miles from my friends house...
Old 11 Apr 2004, 17:40 (Ref:936620)   #8
Garrett
Racer

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Garrett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MulsanneMike, I hate to break it to you, but there are no real good model car shops around here. I have looked for a place that sells Le Mans model cars too and I still can't find one, and I have lived in Atlanta for 18 years know. I usually just get my Le Mans stuff when the Petit Le Mans race is going on or just order from the internet. Sorry!