Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 May 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4051087)   #626
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've got the Blu-Ray. I played about an hour before the depression set in.....
Old 11 May 2021, 16:10 (Ref:4051091)   #627
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I watched the DVD too, it just wasn’t the same without the fans. Thankfully the coverage was excellent as ever
Old 11 May 2021, 18:23 (Ref:4051116)   #628
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I played about an hour before the depression set in
With presidential election sketching out on the horizon, summer and bikinis, bistrots and restaurants reopening, everything is improving. Yesterday we were running out of stock of vaccines, we have too many today. I feel better, thank you…
Old 12 May 2021, 07:30 (Ref:4051184)   #629
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
...I believe M.Fillon has referenced further details regarding ticketing being released in May in an interview for one of the French news outlets...
So, we are pretty much mid-May now, and no sign of any firm news one way or the other.

Can we hope for something to be announced in the next fortnight other than 'more news in June'?

Also, what level of hooping jumping and/or restrictions while attending is going to make it not worth bothering?
Old 12 May 2021, 08:03 (Ref:4051189)   #630
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Also, what level of hooping jumping and/or restrictions while attending is going to make it not worth bothering?
This is really what concerns me. Just getting there would be an achievement in itself, but what are we going to have to deal with if we get there? We've heard no further initiatives about 'villages' around the circuit, limited in numbers, nothing about ticketing and I'm still discussing my membership with the ACO (as the 'new' memberships make little sense compared to the old one). There is just silence, almost as if the ACO are waiting for the magic wand to be waved to give the all clear....
Old 12 May 2021, 08:23 (Ref:4051195)   #631
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
...hooping jumping...
I really need to improve my proof reading.
Old 12 May 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4051226)   #632
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just received a mail from ACO stating that the billeterie will be open soon......
Old 12 May 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4051227)   #633
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This is really what concerns me. Just getting there would be an achievement in itself, but what are we going to have to deal with if we get there? We've heard no further initiatives about 'villages' around the circuit, limited in numbers, nothing about ticketing and I'm still discussing my membership with the ACO (as the 'new' memberships make little sense compared to the old one). There is just silence, almost as if the ACO are waiting for the magic wand to be waved to give the all clear....
Not just when we get there, but - at present at least - when we return to the UK. Even if the ACO/French government gives us the green light, there's still a red light for those travelling from France to the UK.
Old 12 May 2021, 11:30 (Ref:4051234)   #634
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
just received a mail from ACO stating that the billeterie will be open soon......
Nothing here. I guess 'soon' could mean anything.....
Old 12 May 2021, 11:53 (Ref:4051246)   #635
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Decision made: not this year. Time of year, pandemic, uncertainty over travel and my own health mean it's a no-go. Gutted.
Old 12 May 2021, 12:47 (Ref:4051250)   #636
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Not just when we get there, but - at present at least - when we return to the UK. Even if the ACO/French government gives us the green light, there's still a red light for those travelling from France to the UK.
Amber, for what it's worth.
Old 12 May 2021, 14:16 (Ref:4051264)   #637
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For the moment the vaccination seems to have no bearing on whether you need to take PCR tests pre and post travel. If nothing changes then those additional costs will also put quite a few people off attending from the UK.

I believe it's a far cheaper process in many other European countries.

To be fair to the ACO they are in an impossible position really. All they could definitively do at this stage is say it's behind closed doors.

What's a bit frustrating is the fact that the Japanese WEC round is being used as a big barrier to moving the LM dates back.
Old 13 May 2021, 07:07 (Ref:4051379)   #638
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I've received what I assume is the same e-mail announcing that tickets will soon be on sale. The message also adds:

"We are looking forward to seeing you at the 24 Hours of Le Mans on 21 and 22 August for the 89th running of our famous race.

"Since the latest government announcements, everyone at the Automobile Club de l’Ouest has been pulling out all the stops to ensure we can host the race in the best possible conditions, with a sturdy health and safety protocol. Your safety is our overriding priority."

That's about as positive as we can currently expect, but it does suggest that they're working towards attendance for ACO members at the very least.
Old 13 May 2021, 08:27 (Ref:4051393)   #639
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Nothing here, strange, I've got a lot of money in 'vouchers' at ACO, renewed my membership last year june (got nothing in return) and they don't send me a simple email
Old 13 May 2021, 08:53 (Ref:4051406)   #640
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Agreed i am in the same boat, having paid in 2019/20 for tickets and camping direct from the ACO and obviously two years of aco membership(cheapest version) so hoping they will give those loyal customers first refusal of tickets for this years allocation when/if it happens.
Old 13 May 2021, 13:23 (Ref:4051465)   #641
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
I got the 'soon' email too. I'm not a member but I'm on a list of people who bought tickets for 2019 (just a single extra camping one). People without the email might have just unsubscribed due to all the gift shop spam they send out.
Old 13 May 2021, 14:03 (Ref:4051474)   #642
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I got the 'soon' email too. I'm not a member but I'm on a list of people who bought tickets for 2019 (just a single extra camping one). People without the email might have just unsubscribed due to all the gift shop spam they send out.
Nope, didn't unsubscribe, I like whatever **** they send, just because it's Le Mans.
Old 13 May 2021, 15:22 (Ref:4051489)   #643
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i have not had the latest email from the ACO yet, but expect it will turn up soon
Old 15 May 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4051819)   #644
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Helpful post on RSL FB about 2020 credit notes which expire on 31st May 2021. I checked mine and confirm that it says that failure to use the credit note by 31st May 2021 will result in full refund after 1st June. Not however clear whether this is automatic or needs to be applied for.
Re ACO membership, renewal just came up and went for cheapest version. Not planning to go this year - full steam ahead for 2022 though !
Old 15 May 2021, 18:20 (Ref:4051820)   #645
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Helpful post on RSL FB about 2020 credit notes which expire on 31st May 2021. I checked mine and confirm that it says that failure to use the credit note by 31st May 2021 will result in full refund after 1st June. Not however clear whether this is automatic or needs to be applied for.
Re ACO membership, renewal just came up and went for cheapest version. Not planning to go this year - full steam ahead for 2022 though !
My renewal has just come up too. I'm waiting for the ACO to tell me what I got for my membership last year.... (no, I'm not joking)...
Old 15 May 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4051833)   #646
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
same here, once we know what is happening i will decide what to do
Old 15 May 2021, 19:29 (Ref:4051834)   #647
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
My renewal has just come up too. I'm waiting for the ACO to tell me what I got for my membership last year.... (no, I'm not joking)...
I don't think I am brave enough to stop my membership but I'm not happy with the way ACO treats it's members at the moment and past year. Like you said, we got nothing out of our membership last year.
Old 15 May 2021, 19:42 (Ref:4051839)   #648
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I have asked...... I've been promised a response from the 'Head of the Club'.....
Old 16 May 2021, 06:22 (Ref:4051861)   #649
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i can understand the ACO to some extent as they must have seen a massive reduction in income over the last year, but i do think they should remember those loyal members once things return to a more normal situation.
Old 16 May 2021, 15:54 (Ref:4051925)   #650
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, agreed Simon. My feelings are also coloured by the fact that I'm going to have to pay more for the 'equivalent' membership this year and probably not get what I had for it the year before last. The situation is obviously complicated by the fact that no-one knows how tickets are likely to be allocated, how many there will be, whether guests will be allowed any access to member areas (as in the past) and indeed, whether tickets will be limited to members only. I expect to renew, but I felt that the question needed to be asked....