Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:46 (Ref:4062128)   #326
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
They may be both names from the past, but the latest podcast episode came out just today, as it does every Monday.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4062158)   #327
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And they were on ITV’s coverage of Goodwood. Sniff is on car years on ITV too. They seem as busy as ever
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4062160)   #328
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
May I just be an old fogey here and say that I haven't got the foggiest idea what/who you guys are talking about?
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:20 (Ref:4062166)   #329
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
May I just be an old fogey here and say that I haven't got the foggiest idea what/who you guys are talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR1e...=SmithandSniff
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4062168)   #330
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK. Never heard of 'em......
Old 19 Jul 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4062204)   #331
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
OK. Never heard of 'em......
Sniff (Richard Porter) is creator/author of Sniff Petrol car-related satire website and has been a key writer for TopGear and GrandTour for many years.
Jonny Smith used to be a presenter on Fifth Gear and now has his own Late Brake Show on YouTube where he late-braked a Lada Niva into a pond recently.

Both car nerds of the highest order.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4062208)   #332
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
To be fair Ayse, S&S aren’t really mainstream, so that’s probably why you’ve never heard of them
Old 19 Jul 2021, 20:11 (Ref:4062219)   #333
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, I do step off into the occasional puddle.....

and I have heard of Sniff Petrol...
Old 19 Jul 2021, 21:31 (Ref:4062235)   #334
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
Sniff (Richard Porter) is creator/author of Sniff Petrol car-related satire website and has been a key writer for TopGear and GrandTour for many years.
Jonny Smith used to be a presenter on Fifth Gear and now has his own Late Brake Show on YouTube where he late-braked a Lada Niva into a pond recently.

Both car nerds of the highest order.
Cracking duo, they trade banter and factual stuff off each other really well. Highly amusing observational comedy in a way!
Old 23 Oct 2021, 09:40 (Ref:4079543)   #335
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Video from a French magazine:

https://www.turbo.fr/emission-turbo/...09/2021-181955

(https://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/...del-build.html)
Old 26 Oct 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4080153)   #336
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I hope its ready by the start of next season. We really need to see hypercar as a category conpetitive and abundant.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4080162)   #337
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think a Spa debut is possibly more likely. Just my gut feeling. But yeah, we need this car to be ready ASAP!
Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4082608)   #338
Steve McQ
Racer

France
Steve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSteve McQ should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Today, French sports newspaper L'Equipe (not motorsport specialized at all) states that Peugeot could be out of Le Mans 2022 because of a late change in tire demensions regulation, forcing them to re-engineer part of the rear of the car. Has someone heard about that ?

I find it strange that kind of news come up in a newspaper barely able to talk about the sport, with the exception of Le Mans. Is politics already beginning to strike even before the cars hit the track ?
Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4082616)   #339
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McQ View Post
Today, French sports newspaper L'Equipe (not motorsport specialized at all) states that Peugeot could be out of Le Mans 2022 because of a late change in tire demensions regulation, forcing them to re-engineer part of the rear of the car. Has someone heard about that ?

I find it strange that kind of news come up in a newspaper barely able to talk about the sport, with the exception of Le Mans. Is politics already beginning to strike even before the cars hit the track ?
Has Peugeot ever confirmed that they planned to enter the 2022 event?

Or is it that they planned to enter the series during the 2022 season, and people (including journalists) jumped to the conclusion of them taking part in LM24 2022?
Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4082620)   #340
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Has Peugeot ever confirmed that they planned to enter the 2022 event?

Or is it that they planned to enter the series during the 2022 season, and people (including journalists) jumped to the conclusion of them taking part in LM24 2022?
Nope no confirmed start date within 2022 as yet. Initial party line was that their debut would depend on testing performance. I think there was an assumption that they would be there - it's a massive missed PR opportunity if not - but this new issue makes things difficult if true.

When it says late change - have the regs been amended since the Toyota was homologated or something?
Old 10 Nov 2021, 16:08 (Ref:4082628)   #341
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, LMH regs say/said max rim/tire width of 15 inches, though Toyota and Glickenhaus ran on 13 inch rims on all four corners of their car. I don't know if that rule changed or not.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 16:19 (Ref:4082632)   #342
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From LMH/LMDh unity announcement:

KEY TECHNICAL ELEMENTS

Tyres (Front/Rear Width in cm):
• AWD: 31/31
• RWD: 29/34

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...from-2023.html

Surely LMH tyre/wheel size has not changed. Toyota and Glickenhaus are already homologated for 5 years.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 16:42 (Ref:4082635)   #343
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
From LMH/LMDh unity announcement:

KEY TECHNICAL ELEMENTS

Tyres (Front/Rear Width in cm):
• AWD: 31/31
• RWD: 29/34

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2021/0...from-2023.html

Surely LMH tyre/wheel size has not changed. Toyota and Glickenhaus are already homologated for 5 years.
The (translated) report says:
'A modification of the regulations, resulting in new dimensions of the tires, risks slowing down the development of the Peugeot 9 × 8 and preventing its participation in the 24 Hours of Le Mans from 2022'

Looking around the web, a few references crop up which might suggest where the 'modification' comes in.
In April 2021, Michelin published a press release which contained the following paragraph:
'Of the Le Mans Hypercar machinery, only the Toyota GR010 Hybrids is fitted with 31/71-18 tyres front and rear. The categories other contenders have opted for what is a new combination for endurance racing: 29/71-18 at the front and 34/71-18 at the rear. This distinction is due to the differing front/rear weight-splits of the different prototypes, while only the Toyota GR010 Hybrid runs an electrified system in addition to its internal combustion engine.'
The 2021 FIA Technical Regulations also seem to suggest that running a 31/31 or 29/34 combination is a choice of the entrant.

Hypothetically, is it possible that Peugeot were planning on using the 29/34 combination and are now mandated to use 31/31?
Old 10 Nov 2021, 18:18 (Ref:4082648)   #344
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I did read earlier that hybrids that are AWD have to run 31/31 front and rear, while RWD are allowed to run 29/34 F/R.

Sort of makes you wonder if some of Glickenhaus' performance issues were down to tires, not just being optimized for the Toyota, but also size?
Old 11 Nov 2021, 00:26 (Ref:4082715)   #345
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
The current rulebook, the one just linked above, makes it very clear that it is not a choice, it is 31/31 for 4WD and 29/31 for RWD.

Old 11 Nov 2021, 01:01 (Ref:4082726)   #346
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And as mentioned, hasn’t this always been the case?
Old 11 Nov 2021, 03:53 (Ref:4082735)   #347
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Now I'm confused, not so much about Peugeot, but the fact that Glickenhaus, inspite of their car not being a hybrid, had to run on Toyota spec tires and rims as far as size for this year. Waiver, ACO cost consideration, or is Glickenhaus been running on different sized rims all along? After all, I don't think that a Toyota spec 13 inch wide tire would fit on a 14 inch rim well. 13.5 (which it was common with 13 inch tires, such as the Audi R8, Peugeot 908, Audi R15, Lola/Aston Martin, most LMP900s and LMP1s pre wide front tire era), but I doubt 14s would work,
Old 11 Nov 2021, 06:31 (Ref:4082736)   #348
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
The current rulebook, the one just linked above, makes it very clear that it is not a choice, it is 31/31 for 4WD and 29/31 for RWD.

Interesting. It appears that the regulations were amended in April this year.
The version of regulations I linked is dated 16 Dec 20. The full link is https://www.fia.com/sites/default/fi...2020.12.16.pdf

In the previous version of the regulations, the choice seemed to be optional:
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre Sizes.PNG  
Old 11 Nov 2021, 11:32 (Ref:4082752)   #349
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
So Peugeot were going to chose the combination that wouldn’t be expected for their car? Option 1 for a AWD car?
Old 11 Nov 2021, 11:48 (Ref:4082755)   #350
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
So Peugeot were going to chose the combination that wouldn’t be expected for their car? Option 1 for a AWD car?
It's just hypothetical thinking out loud, based on the L'Equipe story that regulations changed.

Remember - the consensus is generally to design your build around a rear wing. Could Peugeot have also gone 'radical' on wheel choice?