Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Jun 2021, 08:24 (Ref:4055683)   #801
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I asked the question two years ago to the ACO. Automatically means that you will receive tickets at the adress you gave.
But I'm not certain we will have the same seats or the same grandstand, depending on the specific 2021 organization.
Damn - once tickets go on sale I am not brave enough to wait and just hope some tickets will turn up at my door. There are many things the ACO should be more clear about. Okay some things they don't control, but this is one thing they very much do control - they have a list of everyone whose cash they have and who hasn't asked for a refund. Those people should be contacted directly clearly explaining their situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But clearly, they won't all be open. I suspect that you'll be OK with Tertre Rouge though.

And taking Pascal's point, if all of the campsites and grandstands are not open, anyone who has tickets/vouchers already will presumably be at the mercy of the ACO as to where they are allocated. I don't think anyone can assume that they will be allocated the campsite or grandstand that they had originally booked.
Also a lot of people who have camping probably didn't originally book it with the ACO. Just adding to the fun.

I feel like this is going to be painful at every single step of the way this year. Bookings, borders, testing, apps, QR codes, hidden costs, restrictions. Still don't know if we can travel yet fundamentally. Just got to accept all that going in and cross everything we can attend.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4055686)   #802
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
they have a list of everyone whose cash they have and who hasn't asked for a refund. Those people should be contacted directly clearly explaining their situation.
This should have been done on a preliminary basis weeks ago.

Quote:
I feel like this is going to be painful at every single step of the way this year. Bookings, borders, testing, apps, QR codes, hidden costs, restrictions. Still don't know if we can travel yet fundamentally. Just got to accept all that going in and cross everything we can attend.
Yeah. And that's just the pain of getting there. I wonder also about the pain when people actually get there. Is this going to be a 'real' Le Mans experience or just ticking a box because we 'have' to be there.....?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 08:40 (Ref:4055687)   #803
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
they have a list of everyone whose cash they have and who hasn't asked for a refund. Those people should be contacted directly clearly explaining their situation.
This should have been done on a preliminary basis weeks ago. It's not going to happen now in 6 days.

Quote:
Yeah. And that's just the pain of getting there. I wonder also about the pain when people actually get there. Is this going to be a 'real' Le Mans experience or just ticking a box because we 'have' to be there.....?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 08:41 (Ref:4055688)   #804
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Our usual UK based ticket agency has announced they are waiting for further information - which I suspect just means they haven't got any tickets to sell.

I am coming to the conclusion the best hope is that there is a miraculous improvement in the situation and by mid-August more tickets are released and there are fewer restrictions all round.

But currently, I feel a UK based viewing with like minded souls is looking the best option.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 08:42 (Ref:4055689)   #805
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least there will be a crowd this year. Of course it will be harder for some to attend, but hopefully it will be worth it to those who do attend
Old 11 Jun 2021, 09:23 (Ref:4055696)   #806
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
At least there will be a crowd this year. Of course it will be harder for some to attend, but hopefully it will be worth it to those who do attend
Yes, this is real heart over head stuff, I think. Or vice versa.....
Old 11 Jun 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4055723)   #807
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just called the ACO,
they told me the followings:
everyone who holds a voucher from 2020 will be contacted via email BEFORE 17th of June. To decide to pick up tickets or go for refund. So loyalty is rewarded. Great news!
But! because there is a but.....
as a Hungarian citizen (EU) I asked as well if they accept EU vaccination passport or only the the French Passe Sanitaire. They could not answer my question. So this point is still unclear....
Old 11 Jun 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4055734)   #808
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
No villages or segregation, but also (at the moment) no Mulsanne or Arnage.

Expecting a “largely local” crowd. No more detail about health pass status for non-French nationals.

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/l...groups/6558255
Old 11 Jun 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4055747)   #809
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
I just called the ACO,
everyone who holds a voucher from 2020 will be contacted via email BEFORE 17th of June. To decide to pick up tickets or go for refund. So loyalty is rewarded. Great news!
as a Hungarian citizen (EU) I asked as well if they accept EU vaccination passport or only the the French Passe Sanitaire. They could not answer my question. So this point is still unclear....
Thank you sir! Much appreciated.

I read in one place that the French pass was supposed to, in theory, allow people to upload test results from other countries. From a tourism perspective, as a tool French-only use would lock a lot of people out going forward. But who knows how it will work. We might be at the mercy of various governments and app developers...
Old 11 Jun 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4055767)   #810
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
I just called the ACO,
Thank you for that.
If they send everyone who has a voucher a email, why has knowbody on here got one yet, I assume many people outside this forum also hold vouchers, it must be a serious amount of work to get it send out and replay/process the response before thursday.

Last year I had my vouchers from June and it was very hard to change those to tickets for the september race. Which obviously didn't happen so I again got vouchers.
I hope tickets for this years race will come easier like mentioned above.

Still debating myself if I should go.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 18:27 (Ref:4055769)   #811
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just don't see it. 6 days to send out emails, get responses, collate the requests for tickets and then see what they have left to go on sale to members on the 17th? The ACO? That would take a phenomenal level of preparation and preparedness from any organisation....
Old 11 Jun 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4055778)   #812
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
The link to the refund request form has been in the last two general ACO member newsletters. I didn’t receive bespoke communication as a voucher holder. Like Aysedasi I am sceptical that they are organised enough to do that.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4055781)   #813
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i got the general email same as most people but have sent an email to the lady at the ACO that i have been dealing with requesting that they use the credit for ny 2021 tickets, will let you know what reply i get next week
Old 11 Jun 2021, 20:40 (Ref:4055785)   #814
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I just don't see it. 6 days to send out emails, get responses, collate the requests for tickets and then see what they have left to go on sale to members on the 17th? The ACO? That would take a phenomenal level of preparation and preparedness from any organisation....

Yes, but minimal preparation if you've already put enough obstacles in the way to ensure that nobody from outside the EC can attend..........

Or am I just an old cynic?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 20:48 (Ref:4055786)   #815
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
No villages or segregation, but also (at the moment) no Mulsanne or Arnage.

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/l...groups/6558255
I don't understand that,

The goal is divide as possible the crowd in large areas. But, without Mulsanne, Arnage, Porsche... They will concentrate 50 000 peoples at one restrained place, between Maison Blanche and Tertre Rouge
Where is the logic ?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 21:47 (Ref:4055787)   #816
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Makes no sense from a crowd-spread perspective. But I guess the fact you have to depart the main circuit grounds and then essentially re-enter makes it a bit complicated and tougher to sign off to the powers that be.

It's probably just more convenient to remove those extra access areas although I hope they find a solution.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 01:51 (Ref:4055810)   #817
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, there are less people, less income, so it would be a bit odd to open up those areas.

50k spread out between Maison Blanche and Tertre Rouge isn’t many. What is normal capacity? 250k? I guess that 200k of those are normally in the main Maison Blanche and Tertre Rouge area.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 11:17 (Ref:4055838)   #818
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
For those who are missing being in le mans in June, the moto24 bikes are currently performing to an almost empty circuit, again strange to see where we should currently be if it were not for Covid
Old 12 Jun 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4055881)   #819
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I cannot vouch for the veracity of this post from another well-known forum, but I have no reason to doubt it. I suspect that there will be several other one-off conditions to attending the event. I made my decision a few weeks back and cancelled my hotel booking, those of you who do go, take great care.

I am at table with a member of the ACO committee. At a meeting yesterday it was confirmed that the number of tickets will be 50,000 PAYABLE plus the usual freebies for marshals and their friends. However, what shocked me was to learn that all camp sites are to remain shut. NO CAMPING AT THE CIRCUIT AT ALL.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 15:20 (Ref:4055884)   #820
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if that is true looks like i will not be going, but that is not what understood was happening
Old 12 Jun 2021, 15:26 (Ref:4055885)   #821
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
That's one way to keep foreigners out!
Old 12 Jun 2021, 15:49 (Ref:4055890)   #822
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From https://fr.motorsport.com/wec/news/spectateurs-24h-mans-division-bulles/6558296/
Les spectateurs présents cette année seront ainsi libres de circuler dans les zones réservées entre Maison Blanche et le Tertre Rouge. L'ACO réfléchit a l'idée d'ouvrir d'autres zones, notamment au niveau des virages de Mulsanne et d'Indianapolis/Arnage.
The ACO is still thinking about opening the Arnage and Mulsanne areas. It depends on the pandemic situation.

Ce sera début juillet, d'après Pierre Fillon, que les décisions finales seront prises concernant l'accueil du public. Elles concerneront notamment le nombre de campings qui seront ouverts et leur capacité.
The decision about opening several camp sites will be made at the beginning of July (number of camp sites and capacity)
Old 12 Jun 2021, 16:14 (Ref:4055894)   #823
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
slightly more hopeful
Old 12 Jun 2021, 17:18 (Ref:4055908)   #824
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
They certainly referred to ‘several’ campsites being available when they posted on their site yesterday - the ACO, that is.
Old 12 Jun 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4055919)   #825
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM;4055890

[I
Ce sera début juillet, d'après Pierre Fillon, que les décisions finales seront prises concernant l'accueil du public. Elles concerneront notamment le nombre de campings qui seront ouverts et leur capacité.[/I]
The decision about opening several camp sites will be made at the beginning of July (number of camp sites and capacity)
I'm confused, how are they gonna sell those separate two weeks after they sell entrance tickets¿??????