Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 31 Dec 2021, 10:11 (Ref:4091893)   #16
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
It seems both are required, though usually at different times.
I didn’t know that! I assumed cooling as the whirring noise is there for a while after the car is first plugged in, but not (eg) the next morning.
Old 4 Jan 2022, 10:13 (Ref:4092434)   #17
SnoodyMcFlude
Racer

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Can anyone shed any light on this utter nonsense ?
Have you read the Blue Book requirements for EVs? It's a bloody minefield and makes life extremely difficult, so much easier for organisers to exclude them completely.

Dunno if Shelsley were running them properly or as demo runs, I know that in the South West most events have been excluding them since the MSA (as it was) asked for something like 10,000 gallons of water on site. Think regs have been relaxed since then but still far too much when clubs are hovering around break even on some events.

Of course I'm sure most clubs would be open to the dialogue if someone came to them and was willing to do a lot of the hard work involved in getting an EV class running, perhaps you could offer your services?
Old 4 Jan 2022, 13:55 (Ref:4092453)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I suspect speed events might be the first of the amateur level competitions to allow hybrids and/or EVs due to lower speeds and lack of car-to-car incidents.
There was a class for Fiat 500e cars in British Rallycross last year so there has been some wheel to wheel EV racing a amateur level. I'm not sure whether they did anything differently in regard to the safety aspect of the events though?
Old 4 Jan 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4092483)   #19
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Dunno if Shelsley were running them properly or as demo runs
It was a proper timed class, but not part of any championship.