Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 8 Oct 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1731775)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Max....NO! (Spoiler)

Well I told everyone that I hadnt seen a press release on the Alstare site and I hadnt seen anything official, and I have been proved right!

Max has allegedly signed for Kawasaki in MotoGP leaving Alstare without a recognised number one next year as Corser has clearly signed for Yamaha, leaving Pitt with nothing.

From the horses mouth I was watching an interview with Pitty on Sunday morning and he was told the night before that he was out! For the bloke he is beating in teh championship!

Theh the daft bugger goes and drops it in race one and Corser has his best ride for a long time!

Other runours are that unless Barros signs for them, Laanzi will be on Xeroz next year mainly coz unbelievably Tardozzi is his manager! Barros may not go to ten Kate coz he will only go if he can take his Showa suspension and technincian with him!! Leaving the way clear for Hodgson who was chatting merrily to Toseland in the pit before the race!

Also Hodge and Foggy plus a load of otehrs were having a nosh up on friday night so appear to ahve settled their differences! perhaps Hodge riding for Foggu maybe, though I doubt that!
Old 8 Oct 2006, 11:52 (Ref:1731785)   #2
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This needs a spoiler warning.

Poor form from Max if he'd signed a contract with Suzuki and has now reneged on it.

Also, at the risk of being pedantic, a full meal is not 'nosh'. Nosh specifically means a snack.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1731814)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well that was bland Boots.

Had Max actually signed anything with Alstare? If not, then this is not so incredible.

It is a shame though, he'd be a great draw for Superbikes. But, MotoGP is the category to be in.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 00:41 (Ref:1732357)   #4
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Crash.Net

Quote:
Rumours have been circulating the paddock regarding Max Biaggi allegedly moving to Moto GP with Kawasaki. Patricia Batta quashed those rumours saying that Biaggi has signed with them at Alstare and it is a done deal.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 01:38 (Ref:1732384)   #5
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chunder, when you say that you saw nothing official, I guess that doesn't count of the picture of Max in a Alstare shirt, sitting on a Alstare Suzuki next to Batta does it?

I don't think that Kawasaki will happen.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 07:23 (Ref:1732548)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Believe you me mate, I have seen the picture too and saw the report on websites all over the place last year when he said he had signed!

That is all just PR for Alstare and Corona, remember Corona sponsor the series.

This was announced on our channel that covers Superbike live by the editor of MCN and Colin Wright who were both in the studio reporting from th meeting.

Just coiz there aint anything on Crash doesnt mean it aint happeneing, you'll see!

Also, Kawasaki are totally separate from anything HRC do, they dont use Showa, Michelin or any other things that HRC do, and that was all that was stopping Max being in GP.

This could of course mean that Shinya is now on the Konica Minolta bike on Bridgies or that crasher De Puniet has been finally found out!!
Old 11 Oct 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1735265)   #7
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mikes rides the Alstare bike at Magny-Cours. No times mentioned.

http://www.crash.net/news_View~t~Bia...~id~138757.htm
Old 11 Oct 2006, 20:13 (Ref:1735535)   #8
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Some comments from Max can be found here:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2006/Oct/061011-3.htm