Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Aug 2021, 00:24 (Ref:4070735)   #26
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
That W Series crash was CRAZY, we have seen similar in the past when cars hit rain unexpectedly but never like that at Eau Rouge/Raidillon. No doubt we will now see the run off extended or the corner changed because we cant continue like this, its just a matter of time before the luck runs out again.
Not that it would've made much difference in this particular crash, but I still don't understand why they still haven't switched out the tire barriers with SAFER barriers in that area. It would at least lessen the risk of cars bouncing off the barriers and back onto the racing surface (like we saw during the massive Spa 24-hours wreck).
Old 28 Aug 2021, 06:37 (Ref:4070747)   #27
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
The visor cam in Alonsos lid was awesome. Really gave an amazing insight into how busy the driver is! Steering and braking is a minor part of the lap. The amount of stuff going on with the instrument screen and constant adjustments is staggering.

If you didnt see it look for it on The U-Tubes
Old 28 Aug 2021, 08:00 (Ref:4070749)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I haven't seen the visor cam shots yet, but sounds like it's really doing it's job of giving a spectacular in car shot
Old 28 Aug 2021, 08:45 (Ref:4070753)   #29
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is going to be a fun day with all these delays....

Amazed they are starting this first F3 race, conditions dont look great, drivers moaning on the radio about conditions.

Last edited by tux; 28 Aug 2021 at 09:04.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 10:06 (Ref:4070756)   #30
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I thought I read earlier in the year that they were going to bring back gravel in a few locations at Spa? I don’t see any extra gravel?
Old 28 Aug 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4070763)   #31
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I thought I read earlier in the year that they were going to bring back gravel in a few locations at Spa? I don’t see any extra gravel?

I think it might be next year, when the bikes return there
Old 28 Aug 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4070773)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Everyone's on the wets apart from Williams, who are on the inters and Latifi goes off.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4070774)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who is gonna get caught out by waiting for the track to dry?

The compromises at this track in this kind of weather is what its all about.

Have a buddy who is a new fan/drive to survive fan texting me telling me how boring this is.

They will learn!
Old 28 Aug 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4070775)   #34
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Russel is fastest, so it looks like inters are the tyre to be on, and they all pit.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4070777)   #35
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Ferrari fail to make Q3.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 13:58 (Ref:4070778)   #36
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet another example of why the wet tyre isn't needed. Any conditions where it would be optimal are deemed too dangerous and the sessions not run. Would save some money just not making the wet compound.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 14:01 (Ref:4070779)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
It's chucking it down.

Edit:
That was a massive off for Norris at Eau Rouge and that's wrecked the car. Red Flag

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 28 Aug 2021 at 14:06.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 14:04 (Ref:4070780)   #38
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Big shunt for Norris.

edit - he's out and seems okay but it looks like it could have been MUCH worse
Old 28 Aug 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4070781)   #39
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damn he was doing so well.

sounds ok though fortunately.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 14:19 (Ref:4070782)   #40
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I agree. A very nice video.
Agree also! Stunning 'campus!'
Old 28 Aug 2021, 14:27 (Ref:4070783)   #41
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Hey Race Control! How about a bit of communication??
Old 28 Aug 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4070785)   #42
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What was Russell driving? They find extra hp or tires for one screamer?
Old 28 Aug 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4070787)   #43
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Russel so nearly did it but he still starts on the front row ahead of Hamilton. Verstappen on pole. Got to feel sorry for Norris.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 14:59 (Ref:4070788)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Well that was an eventful quali!
Old 28 Aug 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4070790)   #45
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
What an incredible lap from George Russell. Surely the biggest qualifying upset since Giancarlo Fisichella's pole here in 2009, even eclipsing Hulkenberg in Interlagos 2010.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4070792)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First time in a while I was hoping for Max to slip a bit, Russell threw down a flyer and hopefully he can keep it going tomorrow and rain/wet stays. Feels like they threw lots of df at the car so dry and he'll be driven past quick
Old 28 Aug 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4070793)   #47
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I reckon George has just cemented a Mercedes team deal! Brilliant wet driving from him.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4070797)   #48
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
I reckon George has just cemented a Mercedes team deal! Brilliant wet driving from him.
Or reminded Hamilton why Bottas should remain his team mate!

But seriously, these young guns need to be in top seats soon. Russell and Norris are fantastic.
Old 28 Aug 2021, 16:00 (Ref:4070800)   #49
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
What an incredible lap from George Russell ... even eclipsing Hulkenberg in Interlagos 2010.
Surely not ?
Old 28 Aug 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4070801)   #50
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Surely not ?
For me, Giancarlo Fisichella’s pole definitely was the biggest upset as Force India had zero points before that point in both 2009 and the season before, were bottom in the championship, and it was a dry qualifying session. Also, he converted it into second in the race; we will wait and see what Russell does tomorrow. George Russell today and Nico Hulkenberg in 2010 are at a very similar level, but Williams has overall been ninth quickest this season and they are eighth in the points, whereas it was sixth in the points in 2010 and sixth/seventh quickest car. I would say Nico Hulkenberg’s lap was more impressive (probably the most impressive qualifying lap I have ever seen in Formula 1) as he took pole by an entire second and, as you say, Barrichello is a much quicker in the wet than Latifi. But in terms of the biggest upset, Russell’s lap just edges it. Stroll’s lap wasn’t on the same level because the Racing Point was the third quickest car last season. Another potential candidate could be Pastor Maldonado in Spain 2012, particularly as he won the race, but I believe that the Williams that year was actually a lot faster than the eighth in the points suggests, and the driver lineup let them down massively.